Best Way to Ship Multiple CGC Books

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

maraxusofkeld
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton
Best Way to Ship Multiple CGC Books

Post by maraxusofkeld »

Hey guys, going to be selling some sets of CGC books and I've never had to ship mutiple in one box. What is the safest, most economical way? Any odd priority boxes that I can use?

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Re: Best Way to Ship Multiple CGC Books

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Depends on the QTY.

IF I am shipping 10-15 slabs, then I just use an old CGC shipping box as it was designed for such things.

IF I am shipping 1-3 books, then I bubble wrap each with as much packaging as I can fit into a USPS Flat Rate shipping box and (if possible) slide the box into a slightly larger box for double protection. (NOTE: sometimes the USPS simply does not have the right sizes of box to do this, so I will do everything else and tape the crap out of the box to ensure everything is snug and protected).

I print each address label EXACTLY as it was provided by the buyer (cut/past), and I use clear tape over the address to prevent ink smudging or other issues that could result in a lost package.

Lastly, I put a large Valiant-based logo on each box so that there can be ZERO question when it arrives as to what it is. I want each buyer to be happy even before they open the box. :thumb:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

I can definitely attest to the quality of shipping slabs for jaden_sai, DBS, and ckb. All those guy's packages are bulletproof.

That didn't come out right. facepalm
***Support your local farmers!***

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

You can get about 3-4 books into the 1092, and then put that in the 1095. The medium FRB is thicker and you can get 5-6 in there, but it's not long enough and needs to be double boxed, but the USPS does not make anything that it will fit inside. So if you double box it, it isn't flat rate any more.

I also will use the large board game FRB when going coast to coast for 4-5 books. Its overkill but it gets handled well because it is odd sized and the price is $20ish flat.

For more than that if you don't have CGC shipping boxes available you are on your own. Go big and find a lot of space filler. If the books can move its bad. If the books are near the edges its bad. I like substantial packing material like foam as well as peanuts and sealed air to give the packages structure outside of the slabs themselves.

Also note that the USPS pricing when you get up to 30-40 pounds is nuts and you will find FedEx ground is half the cost. Resist the temptation to use it because they don't treat the stuff nearly as well. They are offering insurance that you may actually have a chance to collect from, unlike previously, but it's still not worth it to me for $500+ packages.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

What these guys said. I have shipped several thousand slabs. Priority is my preference, but for more than three, I use Diamond boxes and ship them media. I know that they aren’t allowed strictly under the rules, but I’ve shipped this way so long as the buyer is cool with it. Never been a problem for me.

If it’s a CGC box, UPS is a good option.

maraxusofkeld
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by maraxusofkeld »

Thanks guys, it's going to just be 4 books, so I think I will try the flat rate board game box!