Fast tracked books taking a long time at CGC normal?

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

markie7235
My posts can all fit in a short box
Fast tracked books taking a long time at CGC normal?

Post by markie7235 »

I submitted about 5 or 6 books back at the start of July (7/6) with fast track option, and still have not yet received them. Is this normal? I see many regulars here constantly posting about what they got back from CGC and have seen some that submitted items late July/early August who already got their books back. Does CGC provide preferential treatment to certain individuals/stores over others? Little frustrating that twice now my fast track books have taken 8+ weeks, and my non-fast tracked ones took 10 weeks. What's the point of fast track if it's the same amount of time or a week less when talking 2+ months.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: Fast tracked books taking a long time at CGC normal?

Post by nycjadie »

I'm getting value tier stuff that was received on July 5. You are not getting fast track service.

markie7235

Post by markie7235 »

nycjadie wrote:I'm getting value tier stuff that was received on July 5. You are not getting fast track service.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to ask my comic store to call CGC and request they refund the $10/book fast track. It's suppose to take half as much time, and going on 10 weeks is poor fast track service

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Consider getting your invoice number from the store and calling CGC and finding out when they actually received it. Who knows how long the store sat on it.

markie7235

Post by markie7235 »

ckb wrote:Consider getting your invoice number from the store and calling CGC and finding out when they actually received it. Who knows how long the store sat on it.
Can't discount that, though they typically mail CGC books oout Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I dropped mine off I believe on either Friday or Saturday