lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU
Greg - Check this out

Post by Ricomortis »

If I remember correctly... you had a topic on this book and how it could be the next Predator vs. Magnus TPB?

Couple of things...

- These things are near impossible to find
- VERY condition sensitive due to the fact that they are NOT the same format as their TPB books.
- These are much flimsier

so Greg... tell me what you think about the potential of this book? Can't remember what your thoughts were. Thanks!

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Greg - Check this out

Post by greg »

That's a very cool book. :clap:

I first speculated that it might be a tough book to get in the future back in 2016, since it didn't show up on the Comichron.com sales chart for graphic novels (it has 112 pages).
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it was considered a graphic novel (trade paperback) at 112 pages, and didn't make the sales chart that month, that would mean it sold fewer than 407 copies. But judging from the replies to that topic and seeing that Comichron.com reported Must Read Valiant: Greatest Hits #1 in the comic book section, rather than the graphic novel section, it's very likely that it was considered a comic book (despite being 112 pages).

Since it didn't make the sales list in the comic book section either, the number of orders had to have been under 1,486... which is still low, but not "under 407" low. The book may have been available for reorders for a while, since it's still possible that Valiant printed 1,500 or 2,000 or whatever, even if the initial orders were under 1,486.

Valiant didn't continue the Must Read Valiant: Greatest Hits in January 2016 (there's no #3), so it's still unlikely that Greatest Hits #2 was a big success. I would project the number of copies at 1,500 to 2,000 now... which definitely isn't many compared to the Predator vs. Magnus TPB from 1994 (probably 5,000 copies)... and since it's flimsier than Predator vs. Magnus TPB, there's still a long-term potential for Greatest Hits #2. :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Greg - Check this out

Post by jmatt »

Nice, Rico! :clap: