Anybody experiencing slow shipping from CGC?

Discussion of all "slabbed comics" whether Valiant or not

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Anybody experiencing slow shipping from CGC?

Post by nutflush76 »

ckb wrote:I'm not sure I agree that you cannot fill out the form online. Did you go here?

https://www.usps.com/ship/file-insurance-claims.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh I'm quite sure that you can't fill out a claim for registered mail online. When I put my confirmation number into the online claim form I got an error message :
"This article is currently not eligible for online claim filing. Please go to http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/domestic.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for information on printing and completing a PS Form 1000, Domestic or International Claim."

As for the CGC boards, I had not thought of that, since I don't usually use those boards, but that seems like a good place to hopefully get someone over there to hear about my issue.

Chuck
Spartan s-p-i-r-i-t spirit, Go Spartans!

Post by Chuck »

I'd agree with CKB.

You should go over the CGC Message board and link this thread to let others know what's going on.

CGC should be filing a claim for all the CUSTOMERS that they have indirectly screwed.

or

CGC should be refunding you guys fees, cost, and fair market value of what is lost.

As for customer service in this area CGC are a bunch of TURDS; CGC makes enough money to write this stuff off instead of leaving you guys hanging.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

So, I posted my message in the ask CGC forum since that one is moderated and someone at CGC is supposed to look at it before it gets posted.

I did this on Monday and now it's Friday. My message is not posted, nor has there been any response from CGC. I don't know how long it takes for that stuff to get posted but, at this point, I guess I can't say I am surprised.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Yeah, ask CGC is not the forum. You just need to explain what happened in comics general. You want to lay out the facts without interjecting your opinions too much, at least in the first post.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

So, I received the request for information from the post office today.

Guess what they asked for?

The original mailing receipt and a signature of the mailer.

So, I called CGC again. Was not able to speak to the shipping department again. I was told that Kim would gather the information and that it would take a day or two. :?

I finally went back and reposted my story in comics general since it has been over 10 days since I posted in ask CGC and somehow that post never showed up.

I am totally aggravated at this point with the whole situation. :!:

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

nutflush76 wrote:So, I received the request for information from the post office today.

So, I called CGC again. Was not able to speak to the shipping department again. I was told that Kim would gather the information and that it would take a day or two. :?

I finally went back and reposted my story in comics general since it has been over 10 days since I posted in ask CGC and somehow that post never showed up.

At this point I'd try to get CGC to pony up cost and fair market value of the comics OR replacements of some sort. This is on them period.

BloodShot
Guess I'll have ta' start bein' on here 25 hours a day
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by BloodShot »

nutflush76 wrote:I am totally aggravated at this point with the whole situation. :!:
Dude,

All I can say is you've been waaaaaaaaay more, uhm, "tolerant" (might not be the best word for it) about this stupid horse sh!t than I'd be able to.

I just about had a *SQUEEin'* aneurism when they were a day late on my delivery due to a mis-route/re-route snafu :roll: . I can't even begin to imagine how many trees I would've killed or people I would've had to choke out over the phone if I was where you're at right now :mad: .

Honestly, I feel for ya' bein' in such a FUBAR situation :( . Really hope you can get some resolution out of it from someone.

-B
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

ckb

Post by ckb »

nutflush76 wrote:So, I received the request for information from the post office today.

I brought your story up in a similar thread in CG - turns out there are other board members in the same situation as you. 9/11/12 ship date.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

ckb wrote:

I brought your story up in a similar thread in CG - turns out there are other board members in the same situation as you. 9/11/12 ship date.
I found the one thread where people were attacking the guy for trying to get his submission discounted or free.

Given the amount of hassle I have experienced, I don't think it was an unreasonable attempt.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

Just an update.

I did receive the information that CGC had which was a shipping manifest. I also got some phone numbers fro CGC's account manager and also the person who is in charge of the missing container investigation. Of course neither of those guys answer their phones and have not returned my messages. I forwarded their info along with the shipping manifest info on to the USPS investigation dept. So now I guess I just wait for them.

They said a resolution should happen within 30 days and the date on the letter was 12/24, so I should hear something from them within the next week. :hope:

BloodShot
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Dude, seriously?
Favorite title: Yer kiddin', right?
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by BloodShot »

nutflush76 wrote:They said a resolution should happen within 30 days and the date on the letter was 12/24, so I should hear something from them within the next week. :hope:
:hope: :hope: :hope:
If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat :roll: .

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by drmirage »

:hope: :hope: :hope: :hope:

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

So, the Post Office denied my claim because they said that they did not get my information in the 30 days that they requested.

This is total BS on 2 levels.

1. I sent my information out on the 10th of January, the date on the letter requesting the information was December 24Th. 2 weeks for a letter to be delivered is quite a long time. Unless they lost that too.

2. Even if somehow my letter took that long to get there, the close to a week it took me to get the info from CGC was time that was wasted that didn't have to be wasted.

So now I have 60 days to appeal it. I almost just want to say screw it.

ckb

Post by ckb »

Sounds like they never received your info. Was in mailed in or emailed in or what?

I hate to say this but when it comes to dealing with the government you have to go into "stupid mode" and leaving nothing to chance. Any mail you send them should have been sent certified with return receipt requested. And you keep copies of everything sent.

I would, at this point, appeal the case and include copies of the info they did not receive. If this appeal is sent via mail - use certified with return receipt.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

It was mailed. I have sent it again and I will check next week to ensure they got it. This is a royal pain so far.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Bump, did you get any resolution?

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

Chuck wrote:Bump, did you get any resolution?
Still waiting on USPS. Not holding my breath any more.

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

WTF!

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

Chuck wrote:WTF!
Tell me about it.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm currently in a "rip someone a new one" mood. Which post office is it? I'll go get 'em for you! :censored:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

CGC's "Comics General" forum is where to go. Those guys there, while maybe not in the interior loop, can shame most anyone iinto action.

I am still working my way up to that tier.

:thumb:

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

slym2none wrote:CGC's "Comics General" forum is where to go. Those guys there, while maybe not in the interior loop, can shame most anyone iinto action.

I am still working my way up to that tier.

:thumb:

-slym
Been there, done that. Really, it's all in the post office's hands now.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

It just gets more ridiculous. facepalm

My claim has been denied twice. Both times the USPS said it was because they did not receive the information that they requested.

They neglected to tell me that it was proof of insurance that they had requested from CGC. Which, lo and behold, CGC failed to provide them.

I called and talked to someone at the USPS claims center in St. Lous and they said they would contact CGC by phone to get the proof of insurance from them. Why USPS doesn't have a record of this is beyond me.

Kim at CGC claims that all of the info they have is a manifest with the total amount of shipping which doesn't include a breakdown of the charges and if insurance was purchased. I know what is on the manifest because she sent me a copy of the manifest.

If insurance is separate from registered mail, I kinda wonder why CGC forces you to use registered mail?

I swear if PGX wasn't such a scam.....

ckb

Post by ckb »

nutflush76 wrote:It just gets more ridiculous. facepalm

My claim has been denied twice. Both times the USPS said it was because they did not receive the information that they requested.

They neglected to tell me that it was proof of insurance that they had requested from CGC. Which, lo and behold, CGC failed to provide them.

I called and talked to someone at the USPS claims center in St. Lous and they said they would contact CGC by phone to get the proof of insurance from them. Why USPS doesn't have a record of this is beyond me.

Kim at CGC claims that all of the info they have is a manifest with the total amount of shipping which doesn't include a breakdown of the charges and if insurance was purchased. I know what is on the manifest because she sent me a copy of the manifest.

If insurance is separate from registered mail, I kinda wonder why CGC forces you to use registered mail?

I hear you but that is all on the post office. The amount a registered item is insured for is associated with the registration number. The USPS knows how much it is insured for just with the registration number. I have no idea what more "proof" they want. They seem to want proof they already have just so they can deny claims that do not provide it.

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by nutflush76 »

ckb wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:It just gets more ridiculous. facepalm

I hear you but that is all on the post office. The amount a registered item is insured for is associated with the registration number. The USPS knows how much it is insured for just with the registration number. I have no idea what more "proof" they want. They seem to want proof they already have just so they can deny claims that do not provide it.
That's what I told the inspector. She still insisted that there was no way to tell without the actual receipt. She said she would be calling a director of operations over at CGC because she had some sort of letter from him and she would be calling me back tomorrow.

I'm also not convinced it is entirely the post office's fault. They ship enough items to know that they should have a breakdown. If their manifest isn't good enough, Which Kim in shipping swore to me was all they had, then technically none of their items are insured.

They have a freaking USPS account rep, that is terrible at returning call BTW, who should have explained the information that would be needed in the event of a claim.