Acclaim Adventure Zone

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

fury143
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Acclaim Adventure Zone

Post by fury143 »

Something interesting I've noticed. I've just got 2 Acclaim Adventure Zone issues from 2 different sellers. These look like softcover books. The sellers said the copies were in fair condition, I just got them since I couldn't find them. It looks like these issues were read by young kids. They had put their names in it and in one someone has scribbled on one page. This is the first time that I've gotten a comic that actually looks like it was read and enjoyed. How were the Acclaim Adventue Zones sold, in comic shops or in other retail stores?

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
Re: Acclaim Adventure Zone

Post by sonicdan »

fury143 wrote:Something interesting I've noticed. I've just got 2 Acclaim Adventure Zone issues from 2 different sellers. These look like softcover books. The sellers said the copies were in fair condition, I just got them since I couldn't find them. It looks like these issues were read by young kids. They had put their names in it and in one someone has scribbled on one page. This is the first time that I've gotten a comic that actually looks like it was read and enjoyed. How were the Acclaim Adventue Zones sold, in comic shops or in other retail stores?
I'd seen them in comic shops. I'm not sure if they were ever sold
at other outlets. I did however, see a bunch of Acclaim's Classic
Illustrateds once at a Dollar Genaral store for a buck a piece.
DAN
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

Steve Topper
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Steve Topper »

The ones I have are digest-sized. The stories were geared towards younger readers. And, if I remember correctly, there were puzzle and game pages along with the Megastar series that was definitely for kids.

I picked mine up at my local comic shop and never saw them anywhere else but direct outlets. So I'm guessing they were only available in comic shops.

Steve

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

Bought a BUNCH at Toys 'R Us, back in the day. Also ordered mine from Barnes & Noble (I worked there and got the employee discount).

BoH

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I got mine in the comic book store but only because they ordered them for me specially :)

I was disapointed that Nicieza felt the need to rip off yet another DC character.

He might as well have called her "Dial V for VALIANT" or "Dial A for Acclaim"...
:atomic: Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be... :atomic: