Famous people among us

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Famous people among us

Post by Jaknife »

wow :shock: So far we have met K. VanHook, Rags Morales, JayJay Jackson, Bob Layton, and now Bernard Chang. wow :shock: wow :shock:

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Great! Now they can all get together again, & create some new stories for us diehard fans!:)---Steve G

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

yay! really, that would be awesome.

cjv
A Valiant Vision-ary
A Valiant Vision-ary
Valiant fan since: Shadowman #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Shadowman (VH1)

Post by cjv »

I think we may have to pay them something to do that. :)

Chris

andrew
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by andrew »

Yeah, I just saw that Chang signed up. I loved that guy's stuff.

dave
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Turok #12 is the 1st appearance of Turok
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: BWS

Post by dave »

he was on before-before the big crash...nice to see him back.

also greg boone was on here before (he did some bloodshot and ?...) also mike mcguire...

has big jim ever checked us out?!?!

VanHook
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
Re: what the heck

Post by VanHook »

Bernard, Rags, anyone else who cares to, kick off a new story.

Draw this and scan it, then post it. No deadline, in your freetime--even a rough layout. Hell, I know you've got jobs and paying stuff to do. Maybe it's the perversity of it that makes me think somebody's going to take me up on this.

Bob, if you've got the time, you can edit this page. Nobody ever took one of my stories and made me do it better than you. Not that this is a story. Yet.

So, here it is--a new adventure. At least the start of one.

First page is on me, then you fan-fic guys can roundtable it and see where it goes.

(Off the cuff, so forgive me for being rusty... I'm currently procrastinating from prepping my film. Deadlines can do that to a fella.)

I'm writing this FULL-SCRIPT style instead of my old plot first, then see copies of the pencils, then script it method. That way I'm done now.

If I get hit by a bus, anyone that cares to can finish it, and they'll know what the dialogue was for the first page.

(For Seaborn, Anthony, the various Chris's, Greg and the rest of the fans who enjoyed the books)

PLOT: Bloodshot 2004 by Kevin VanHook
PAGE ONE

PANEL ONE.
Thin, horizontal panel. NYC skyline. Brooklyn side. The famed Brooklyn bridge, sold to countless bumpkins and pictured in postcards for nearly a century.

CAPTION: New York City. July 3rd, 2004.

NARRATION: It's not the height that bothers me.

PANEL TWO.
Same angle. Closer. A lone figure is standing, balanced on one of the high-tension steel cables that support the massive bridge. Something long and metalic is in his hand. A glint of light reflects off, betraying the length of a sword. He holds it out like a highwire artist holds an umbrella.

NARRATION: Once you've been dropped out of a jet a time or two, you get used to it.

PANEL THREE.
Vertical panel. A familiar silhouette, making his way toward the masonry where the steel cable joins the brick and stone. Moonlight betraying a bit of the pale skin, the lightning bolts shaved in his scalp. A .357 magnum Desert Eagle is holstered under one arm. BLOODSHOT.

NARRATION: And it's not the fear of losing.

NARRATION: I face that everyday.

PANEL FOUR
CLOSE on his hand as he grasps the top of the cable and...

NARRATION: I guess...

PANEL FIVE
...swings himself upward, to land on top of the Bridge landing. Ready to strike out at his enemy...

...who is seated in front of him, facing camera without turning to look at Bloodshot. He is Gilad Abrams, the Eternal Warrior. Fist and the Steel of the Earth and someone who is damned near immortal.

His right arm is missing--a crude bandage staunches the flow of blood and he seems to be almost in a state of meditation.

NARRATION: ...It's the feeling that I'm betraying my best friend.

GILAD: You can put that away, Bloodshot.

GILAD: I'll turn myself in.

ALL CHARACTERS TM and (C)2004 Valiant Comics and Acclaim Entertainment
I had a dream that I was falling through time. I am falling still.

x-omatic
Did someone call for a Hired Gun?

Post by x-omatic »

Cool......but I don't understand pages 2 tp 32. Could you clearify them for me? :D

x-omatic

Post by x-omatic »

Knightt_333 wrote:Hey x-omatic... we are now known as 'the various Chris's' ?

Now WE are famous... can you imagine ? Money, women... shaving commercials. Ahhh all because of KV... God Bless 'em...
there are alot of us. We should have our own thread. only Chris's can post.... :lol:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

VanHook wrote:
CAPTION: New York City. July 3rd, 2004.

NARRATION: It's not the height that bothers me.

PANEL TWO.
Same angle. Closer. A lone figure is standing, balanced on one of the high-tension steel cables that support the massive bridge. Something long and metalic is in his hand. A glint of light reflects off, betraying the length of a sword. He holds it out like a highwire artist holds an umbrella.

NARRATION: Once you've been dropped out of a jet a time or two, you get used to it.

PANEL THREE.
Vertical panel. A familiar silhouette, making his way toward the masonry where the steel cable joins the brick and stone. Moonlight betraying a bit of the pale skin, the lightning bolts shaved in his scalp. A .357 magnum Desert Eagle is holstered under one arm. BLOODSHOT.

NARRATION: And it's not the fear of losing.

NARRATION: I face that everyday.

PANEL FOUR
CLOSE on his hand as he grasps the top of the cable and...

NARRATION: I guess...

PANEL FIVE
...swings himself upward, to land on top of the Bridge landing. Ready to strike out at his enemy...

...who is seated in front of him, facing camera without turning to look at Bloodshot. He is Gilad Abrams, the Eternal Warrior. Fist and the Steel of the Earth and someone who is damned near immortal.

His right arm is missing--a crude bandage staunches the flow of blood and he seems to be almost in a state of meditation.

NARRATION: ...It's the feeling that I'm betraying my best friend.

GILAD: You can put that away, Bloodshot.

GILAD: I'll turn myself in.

ALL CHARACTERS TM and (C)2004 Valiant Comics and Acclaim Entertainment
:) ...ok...just got the shivers ...thanks Kevin, you still got it :!: :o
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

Rusty? Egad, he makes it look easy. Thanks Kevin.

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

Damn. Very cool opening page. So who all is going to try this? Should there be six panels? The last one showing Gilad sitting. Sorry, I am just kinda confused.

justin
Banned for stealing from his friends

Post by justin »

Jaknife wrote:Should there be six panels?
Let the master work!

I have to agree, I got shivers! DAMN Kevin
This user has been banned for using this website to steal from people who were his friends.

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

I figured I would get some response like that. Umm, though I did just look at pictures of the bridge, and I have no idea what he grabs onto to swing. :oops:

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

Doesn't mean everyone else can't give it a try.

Vault-Keeper
Mr. Sunshine
Mr. Sunshine

Post by Vault-Keeper »

Thanks, Kevin, for bringing a big smile to my face! :D

I think Kevin wants to collaborate with his old buds. Please, let's just sit back & enjoy this one in 1000% fanboy style. Let the pros handle it! This is great!
---Steve "Chris" G

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

VanHook wrote:(For Seaborn, Anthony, the various Chris's, Greg and the rest of the fans who enjoyed the books)
Wow! A second-place mention after Seaborn. My friggin' week's been made. Heck, so far my 2004's been made! Thanks, Kevin!

BoH (a.k.a. ant'ny)

deathmedal
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by deathmedal »

hey would yoy guys be mad if i drew the first page????...
because i kind of alreay did. :shock:
but i can't post it, my scaner isn't working. the reason being is because i coulden't wait too see what it would look like. plus i dont want to post it because i want to see what the pros are going to do. this is preaty damn cool!!!!!!!! :D

Jaknife

Post by Jaknife »

why would there be rules? Maybe there are, but I see no point. It's all in the name of fandom.

VanHook
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
RE: Bloodshot 2004

Post by VanHook »

Glad I got a stir out of some folks! It woulda sucked to have thrown something out there and had the wonderful sound of crickets in reply.

SO, OK.
No rules. This is your playground and I'm just playing in it. If some of the ol' Valiant crowd wants to jump in and do a jam, that's fantastic, if it's an all-fan jamboree, that's just as cool. Just make it fun.

I gave you page one...where does it go?

Here are the questions I'd have to ask myself:

Wow. What the hell happened to Gilad's arm? Did Bloodshot take it off? That katana's pretty sharp. If anyone could do it, he could. What would Gilad have done that would warrant that kind of action? What does he mean, he'll turn himself in. Was he out of control somehow? Not himself?

Who could be behind it? Harada once controlled his mind. Maybe HE caused him to do something? What about the Immortal Enemy? Anyway he could have manipulated things? Or Darque? For all we know it could be the result of voodoo somehow. Maybe Shadowman could come into play? Or is he dead? 1999 was 5 years ago. What about Armstrong or Ivar? Maybe something went down with them that led to this. Or someone we've never met. I don't think XO did it. The wound would've been cauterized. The blast just sealing the wound behind the cut.

You don't think Gilad killed Neville, do you? Surely not. Or attacked Jillian? That would be horrible. What if...

...what if he there was some terrible Negative Zone/Vortex/Unity Energy blasting/Solar-creted Portal thing...and He had to reach inside--and it closed--severing his arm? Ick. But he had to be doing something that he feels was wrong. Something that Bloodshot has hunted him down for.

Did the Fist and the Steel of the Earth...BETRAY the earth itself? Would a Geomancer have sought out retribution?

Jaknife--5 Panels. Panels one and two are horizontal. First one thin. Second one taller. Three and four are kinda thin verticals with the last one being the focus panel---it's larger and more square. Suggestions only, but that's my intent. I don't have it in front of me, but I think Voz drew the bridge in a Bloodshot with the first Uzzi the Clown story. You might get an idea from that. Gil's seated on the highest part. He swung on one of those many cables.

Ant'ny...you've written Bloodshot Fan-Fic before. Where does it go?

There it is. Interesting opening scene. We see two of our favorite heroes, Ironically in similar (but not exactly the same) positions to the first time they met. The Warrior on the ground, Bloodshot, weapon at the ready standing over him.

Like I said, no rules. Would be nice to see a 21 page story. But maybe this one is best told in 7 or 8. But let's see it through. I'm in if you are.

Who's going to write page two?
Kevin

VanHook
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
RE: No rules...but one

Post by VanHook »

Yes. There must be at least one naked chick in it.

Maybe tastefully done, like page 2 of Bloodshot 0.

The panel that killed 20,000 sales to Toys R Us in 1993.

One lousy little buttcheek....

KV

x-omatic

Post by x-omatic »

Mr. VanHook......I must say that I am now more *SQUEE* than ever because of the Valiant that never was. You have my little brain going crazy with what ifs. There is so much depth to the characters that is missing in todays books.

Maybe I-Books publishing Magnus & Dark Horse reprinting them will get the others out to public again.

VanHook
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
Thanks and clarify...I-Books? Dark Horse?

Post by VanHook »

x-omatic wrote:Mr. VanHook......I must say that I am now more *SQUEE* than ever because of the Valiant that never was. You have my little brain going crazy with what ifs. There is so much depth to the characters that is missing in todays books.

Maybe I-Books publishing Magnus & Dark Horse reprinting them will get the others out to public again.
Fill me in. Who's I-Books? Is Dark Horse reprinting Valiant stuff?
KV

x-omatic
Re: Thanks and clarify...I-Books? Dark Horse?

Post by x-omatic »

VanHook wrote:
x-omatic wrote:Mr. VanHook......I must say that I am now more *SQUEE* than ever because of the Valiant that never was. You have my little brain going crazy with what ifs. There is so much depth to the characters that is missing in todays books.

Fill me in. Who's I-Books? Is Dark Horse reprinting Valiant stuff?
KV
Here is a link to the Dark Horse info.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... gi?id=3556

Here is a link to I-Books info
http://www.komikwerks.com/news.php?id=429

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by BodaZoffa »

Could someone please win the friggin' lottery & revitalize Valiant, so we could bring these guys back to the table.

I'd build a mansion here in KC with a dozen big guest houses for the artists & writers to live in, & put a printing press in the garage & ship the books right off my front door step.

Boda