Unreleased Comics

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool
Unreleased Comics

Post by ManofTheAtom »

If you could choose to see ONE unreleased comic from VALIANT and Acclaim (one of each) be published, which one would it be?

VALIANT

My choice - Armorines Yearbook #1

ARMORINES YEARBOOK #1
by Sanchez, Delbo, & Rodriguez
A new villain, Linhoff, has kidnapped Dr. Zhan, inventor of the Armorines, and is planning to use torture to extract all his secrets. The Armorines go to Hawaii to rescue Zhan, but meet with a big problem: They were testing Zhan's latest invention, an experimental booster pack, and it's simply not working. Instead, the experimental package has become a ticking nuclear warhead strapped to Sirot's back. If they don't rescue Zhan quickly enough, it might mean the end of the Armorines and one of the Hawaiian islands!

BART SEARS' X-O MANOWAR HC
This hardcover volume collects all of Bart's work on X-O Manowar to date, including covers, sketches, and lots of other truly neat stuff! Bart's work on both the onpoing X-O Manowar series and a special 16-page X-O promotional comic are included in this collection. This, Valiant's second hardcover, will be manufactured with the same high production values and loving attention shown the now out-of-print Solar, Man of the Atom: Alpha & Omega by Barry Windsor-Smith. Quantities are limited. No reorders will be available on this item.

BLOODSHOT YEARBOOK 1995
by Mike Grell & Tommy Lee Edwards
Bloodshot is injured while investigating an illegal weapons scam in South America. Taken in by a group of religious vIllagers, Bloodshot becomes the protector and "a miracle" to the awestruck people. Even though his duties in the "real world" call, Bloodshot sees that these people are in immediate need of assistance. An exciting turning point in the saga of Bloodshot!

HARBINGER TRADE PAPERBACK #2
by Shooter, Jackson, Lapham, Mayo, J. Dixon, Fontenot, et al.
There's plenty of action inside as Harada and Sting battle for supremacy in this trade paperback edition reprinting Harbinger #6-7 & 10-11! Also included is the death of Torque, the first appearance of the H.A.R.D. Corps, romance, adventure, and a flying convertible!

NINJAK #27
by Jorge González & Mozart Cuoto
A flood of diamonds into the world market threatens the global economy and the world market teeters on the brink of destruction. Ninjak follows the diamonds to a massive smuggling operation in Africa, where he finds that profits are only the means to horrifying end!

NINJAK #28
by Jorge González & Mozart Cuoto
Ninjak and Sister Gabriela follow a trail of rumor from diamond smugglers to an international famine relief project. There lurks a deadly secret that threatens to divide Ninjak and Gabriela—or destroy them!

PUNX #4
by Keith Giffen, w/Claude St. Aubain
Keith Giffen produces the strangest Valiant story ever! In the town of Acclamation, Oregon, nothing is as it seems. Join the PunX crew as they stumble through the Valiant Universe, leaving a wake of chaos, property destruction, and offended readers! This issue: It's the fourth issue of PunX, and Giffen's promised us that somehow all of the disparate elements he introduced into what he laughingly calls a plot line will come together in a conclusion of cataclysmic proportions. He's told us that before, so don't hold your breath. You bought the first three—why not go for the full set?

PUNX REDUX # 1
By Keith Giffen
HE"S BAAA-AA-CKK! And this time, he's taking no prisoners. Keith Giffen is launching into his second PunX series and he's changing the whole book around with entirely new characters, as weIl as some different old Valiant characters we had lying around. b Keith, "The damn book didn't seIl Ihe first time around, so the guys at Acclaim don't care what or who I screw with next. Jurgens, your backside is mine!". PunX is the hot topic on all the webnets, and since trying to obtain back issues of the first series is like trying to find hen's teeth, be sure to reserve this latest issue with your comics supplier and find out what all the electronic buzz is about. Again, b Keith," Buy this book, or I'm liabIe to make fun of you behind your back in the next issue".

PUNX REDUX #2
By Keith Giffen
So what am I gonna say about this issue that hasn't aIready been said before? Not much, because that damn Giffen hasn't submitted any scripts, springboards, ideas for plots, nothing on this new miniseries. Nothing. Nada. Zip. And every time I call him up he says in that wild, pumped-up hysterical manner that he has (that drives me up a friggin' wall)... "Hey, this series will be the best PunX stuff yet. It'll have major Valiant superheroes in it that I'll trash beyond recognition. I'll make more fun of Massarsky, Layton and that whole group of cretins that run Acclaim, and l'll include more brand new characters, as outrageous as Wrecking Balls, in every issue. Besides, what do you care about this stuff anyways? Nobody orders enough copies of this book no matter what you say. The fans are still going to have to look long and hard for copies, and even though you're writing this in January, nobody at Acclaim will read this until the beginning of February. You got a whole month to find a new job, and I got three months before I have to start turning in pages! So quit worrying, will ya!" I could strangle him when he does this!!...and I swear, one of these days I will (when I have more time on my hands... probably in February...)

PUNX REDUX #3
By Keith Giffen & Ken Martinez
This issue Keith Giffen presents another spine-tingling episode of his latest, greatest PunX saga ever! Now with that sald, all those comic pukes with a reading level below the third grade will be incapable of reading this solicitation copy any further; so the rest of you, listen up! Buy this friggin' book! You think I like to go through this every month, typing up silly, stupid copy, staring at my computer screen and making up cool things to say about a book that Giffen hasn't even started to put together yet? You all know whatever he does will be dog-butt funny and intelligently nasty. All those geeks you see hanging out at the comic stores (that make you relieved that you're not like them) will never get the jokes 'cause Giffen's humor goes right over their friggin' heads. Besides, if I didn't have to write this stupid crap, I could be playing Crystal Quest or Seven Card Stud on my Mac right now, and everybody who wanders into my office will think l'm hard at work putting the solicitation information together for Diamond Previews. Also, if this book doesn't start selling soon, they're going to put me out to pasture and I'll be joining the ever-burgeoning ranks of the unempioyed, comic-industry professionals. I'll be right along-side all the rest of the lald-off or fired marketing screw-offs that have made this industry the shambles that it is. So, save a job...buy this book!

PUNX REDUX #4
By Keith Giffen, Ken Martinez & Anibal Rodriguez
So here it is, the last solicitation copy for this mini-series. Before we go, I'd like to thank the people that made this part of the catalog so incredibly fun and enjoyable over the last four months and hope you'll give them a big round of applause for the very fine work they've done to keep you entertained, amused and interested in purchasing copies of this publication... ME! That's right. Me. It sure wasn't that friggin' Giffen, now, was it? You think he gIves a good flying fart about wether or not you read this body copy? You bet your sweet tuchis he doesn't. But just wait 'til he gets the sales report on these issues and he sees all the royalties he wont make, THEN we'll hear from him. And speaking of royalties, why is it we copy writers don't get a royalty for helping to sell books, huh? I bet Todd McFarlane kicks back a little extra to Beau Smith when Beau's busted his hump to write about a couple issues of Spawn that don't even exist yet in Todd's toy-addled brain. C'mon Giffen, fork over some of those big bucks you're raking in, you Has-Been. Hell, I dont even get a phone call thanking me for making him sound like he works for a living. Oh, Giffen'll be singing a different tune alright when his kids come walking down to the breakfast table with the latest copy of Previews and tell him "Whattsa matter, Dad, why wasn't YOUR solicitation copy this month as cool as Jim Lee and Scott Campbell's is for Gen-13 ?". l hope he chokes on his Metamucil, the old fart.

THE SECOND LIFE OF DOCTOR MIRAGE #19
by Willey & Perham, & Ken Branch
Walt Willey, star of ABC's All My Children, returns to the pages of Dr. Mirage this month! Walt, Dr. Mirage, and Carmen Mirage investigate paranormal goings-on near Walt's New Mexico ranch. Walt is co-plotting this issue to make sure that it shows as much of his "real life" as possible. Walt got lots of press attention with his last appearance in Dr. Mirage; the story was picked up by ABC, TV Guide, The New York Post, and various soap opera magazines. This appearance should be no different!

SECRET WEAPONS #22
by Jollie, Ross, & Ramos
FIREFALL: Part 1 (of 2)—Spymaster Neville Alcott is threatened by the mysterious organisation known as The Gestalt. The Gestalt attacks Alcott, using the fire-wielding Harbinger called Pyroclast. The art by Valiant newcomer Luke Ross looks fantastic.

SECRET WEAPONS #23
by Jollie, L. Ross, & Ramos
FIREFALL: Part 2 (of 2)—The Secret Weapons counterattack in an effort to take the heat off Neville Alcott. Tank and Pyroclast enter a confrontation that Tank would prefer to avoid... as he's deathly afraid of fire.

SECRET WEAPONS: PLAYING WITH FIRE #1
by Berdinka, L. Ross, & Autio
This special two-issue limited series brings back the fan favorite team of Secret Weapons! When Neville Alcott falls into the hands of the superpowered terrorist team known as the Gestalt, it's up to the Secret Weapons to bring him back alive! But it won't be easy—the Gestalt has trained for months to take on the Secret Weapons, and they're playing for keeps!

SECRET WEAPONS: PLAYING WITH FIRE #2
by Berdinka, L. Ross, & Autio
Tank faces his worst nightmare when he goes head to head with the fire-wielding Harbinger, Pyroclast. It's up to him to overcome his fear of fire and put down the Gestalt—the lives of his teammates depend on it! Guest-starring Bloodshot.

STEEL NATION Vol. I
Featuring MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER. This sixty-four page deluxe-format book represents the first two parts of Magnus's struggle against O-1X first seen in MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER Volume 2#1 & #2.

STEEL NATION Vol. II
The second sixty-four page deluxe-format book, presenting the final two chapters of the war story that rocked the comics world, from MAGNUS; ROBOT FIGHTER Volume 2 #3 & #4.

NOTE: If you read the original comics version of STEEL NATION, you know that the story was too big to be wedged into the usual twenty-two pages per issue that most comics offer. We averaged over 28 pages per issue, and it still wasn't enough. These special volumes showcase the uncut version of STEEL NATION, including never-before-seen pages that were edited out of the original. Also, a magnificent 2 part connecting cover by David Lapham and Bob Layton adorn both volumes of STEEL NATION. No Magnus fan can do without these books.

MAGNUS: STEEL NATION VOLS 1 & 2
This pair of trade paperback editions collects Magnus Robot Fighter Vol 2 # 1-4 (two-issues per volume) and tells the entire Steel Nation storyline along with pages of material left out of the original issues due to space constraints! New connecting cover design by David Lapham and Bob LLayton.

TIMEWALKER TRADE PAPERBACK #1
by Windsor-Smith, Ostrander, Calafiore, Mayo, Fontenot, et al.
Reprinting Timewalker's early appearances in Archer & Armstrong/Eternal Warrior #8, Archer & Armstrong #10 & 11 and Magnus Robot Fighter #33. Pin-up pages will also be included. Cover by Bob Layton.

TUROK DINOSAUR HUNTER YEARBOOK 1995
was published (11/'95 or later) as TUROK: THE HUNTED 2-part mini-series.

TUROK, DINOSAUR HUNTER/SHAMAN'S TEARS #1
by Mike Grell w/ S. Clarke Hawbaker
Turok meets Shaman's Tears Joshua Brand in a special three-part miniseries entitled "Ghost Dance!" The two heroes join forces to battle the mysterious White Buffalo Warriors. If you have ever been a fan of Mike Grell, you are guaranteed to enjoy his first romp through the Valiant Universe. Grell provides the story, art, and the cover, while S. Clarke (Nomad) Hawbaker inks.

TUROK DINOSAUR HUNTER/SHAMAN'S TEARS #2
by Mike Grell w/Jeff Albrecht
The White Buffalo has been kidnapped and the tribes blame each other, allowing the real culprits to evade retribution. Their escape is cut short when Turok and Shaman Joshua Brand get on their trail—a trail that leads to the hatchery of Bar Sinister!

TUROK DINOSAUR HUNTER/SHAMAN'S TEARS #3
by Mike Grell w/Jeff Albrecht
This issue: The White Buffalo is safe and sound, and the Tribes have been cieared. Now it's up to two Native American heroes, Shaman Joshua Brand and Turok, to put an end to the white supremacists' violent conspiracy. But when the supremacists are joined by Bar Sinister's old friends, Circle Sea, the fireworks get out of hand!

VALlANT READER #2 1994
by The Whole Valiant Gang
This inexpensive comic is an introduction to every ongoing Valiant title—each detailed by a complete rundown of what has happened since issue #1 through the current storyline. For readers who haven't collected all of the back issues, this is the perfect way to learn the important story details of previous issues. For new fans interested in reading The Chaos Effect, this is a great way to uncover clues about who's who in the Valiant Universe!

VALIANT READER 1994
by The Whole Valiant Gang
This inexpensive comic is an introduction to every ongoing Valiant title—each detailed by a complete rundown of what has happened since issue #1 through the current storyline. For readers who haven't collected all of the back issues, this is the perfect way to learn the important story details of previous issues. For new fans, this is a great way to get a clue about who's who and what's what in the Valiant Universe!

VALIANT VISION STARTER KIT: STARWATCHERS
This brand-new kit includes a new pair of Valiant Vision™ glasses which turn seemingly normal full-color comic pages into 3-D images! The "starter kit" also contains an eight-page comic (artwork by Mike Leeke, Dick Giordano, & Carol VanHook) colored in the VVprocess, and a new, never-before-seen poster (also colored in the VVprocess).

VALIANT ZERO COLLECTION TRADE PAPERBACK
Here's a great holiday gift for new Valiant fans: a reprint collection of some of Valiant's most sought after gems! Collected here are the following zero issues: Magnus Robot Fighter #0 by Jim Shooter and Paris Cullens; Harbinger #0 by Bob Layton and David Lapham; X-O Manowar #0 by Jorge González and Joe Quesada; Archer & Armstrong #0 by Jim Shooter, Bob Layton, and Barry Windsor-Smith; and Armorines #0 by Jorge González and Jim Calafiore! It's an incredible collection of key Valiant issues—all under one cover!

Acclaim

My choice - TUROK: Dinosaur Hunter Trade Paperback

CONCRETE JUNGLE: THE LEGEND OF THE BLACK LION #2 (of 6)
Wriffen by Christopher Priest / Penciled by James Fry / Inked by Andrew Pepoy / Lettered by Comicraft / Color art by Imbue Productions
Terry Smalls is initiated into the order of The Black Lion... whether he wants to be or not. The kindly old wise man Antanku is replaced by the fearsome Black Lion who stalks Smalls across Bedford Stuyvesant while NYPD Sgt. Elijah Book consolidates his ruthless iron grasp on the community.
From the co-creator of QUANTUM & WOODY, a uniquely original look at superheroes, crime fiction and New York City.

CONCRETE JUNGLE: THE LEGEND OF THE BLACK LION #3 (of 6)
Written by Chrishpher Priest / Penciled by James Fry
Inked by Andrew Pepoy / Lettered by Comicraft / Color art by Imbue Productions
Terry Smalls, small-time communily activist and huckster, is now THE MAN. Imbued with the power of the Black Lion, and pursed by the mysterious and beautiful Maxine Cole, Smalls feels invincible and begins asserting himself within the tightly-structured political hierarchy of the Concrete Jungle. Smalls riles every power figure in town, unaware that Master Antanku has retumed to ask him to give the power back. Y'see, Antanku gave the amulet to the wrong Terry Smalls. Our Terry wasn't The Chosen One after all. Oops!
From the co-creator of QUANTUM & WOODY, a uniquely original look at super heroes, crime fiction and New York Cily.

DEADSIDE #4
by Paul Jenkins & Ashley Wood
Straight from the pages of Shadowman! Nasty narrator "Guts" guides you on this final journey into the fiery depths of Acclaim's afterlife realm ... to discover the horrifying truth of Deadside! This is pure evil, dished up Acclaim style! With a captivating story by Paul Jenkins and disturbing (yet beautiful) painted artwork by Ashley Wood, Deadside is a must have for any fan of the weird or wicked. A perfect lead in to this spring's Shadowman video game from Acclaim!

MAN OF THE ATOM: The Rebirth of Solar Trade Paperback
Written by Warren Ellis & Jim Krueger / Penciled by Darick Robertson and Patrick Zircher / Inked by Larry Mahlstedt, Steve Geiger and Jimmy Palmiotti / Lettered by Comicraft / Color art by Atomic Paintbrush
In Man Of The Atom Frank and Helena Seleski made a valiant attempt to touch the hand of God. Instead they discovered the most terrifyingly powerful, complex and fascinating character in the original Valiant Universe.
Solar made his return in Revelations but is he the same Solar everyone remembers, or something new and deadly? This monumental event will effect the Valiant Heroes Universe for years to come. These critically acclaimed issues are the definitive back story of the new Valiant Universe, and explain the new history of our most powerful, yet most tragic "hero."

PUNX Special- Featuring Big Max!!
Written by Dan Slott, art by James Fry and Andrew Pepoy
Guess what? This isn't your mother's PunX, or your sister's, or your dog's for that matter. It's somethinq absolutely different and wild! Acclamation, Oregon has made a strange yet interesting urban renewal. New heroes populate the fair city, led by the greatest of them all...the All-American Big Max, the super-simian, and his sidekick Shakes! In this special issue, Big Max tackles the two fisted terror, Knock-Knock, and the silent mastermind of crime known as the Mime! Get ready for the primate who's out to lower the crime rate! Twenty-two pages of grit-free, fun-filled, primate-packed power brought to you by Dan (Ren and Stimpy) Slott, James (Spider Man & Howard the Duck) Fry, Andrew Pepoy and a boss cover by Ty (Batman Adventures) Templeton!!

QUANTUM & WOODY #22
by Priest, Bright & Adams
Well, you could be told what this issue is about. But you won't. However, you can be told this... that the cover to this issue has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on inside. Amazing things that will alter the course of our heroes will happen this month!

QUANTUM & WOODY #22
by Priest, Bright, & Tanghal
The best comic you've probably never read has returned with more non-stop action! Quantum gets his first taste of omnipotence, and he likes it... a lot! Warrant and Lysander try to figure out how they blew up the Moon, while Woody, Ruben, and Sidne work to undo Toyo Harada's master plan. And now that the Moon has been destroyed, how will people suffering from Iycanthropy use those extra three nights a month?

QUANTUM & WOODY #23
by Priest, Bright & Adams
Alarmed by Quantum's radical metamarphosis, Woody sets out to save his partner from himself. His quest begins ot the doorstep of his old pal Turok, Dinosaur Hunter, who in turn seets out the aid of Shadow Man Michael LeRoi. This, of course, leads to Dino-Zombie fun! Meanwhile, Quantum, enlightened by his new status, makes some new and radical changes in his life, learning the lesson that with great power comes... great goat!

QUANTUM & WOODY #23
And the Madness continues! With visions of godhood dancing in his head, Quantum sets out to make the universe a better place... whether anyone else likes it or not! But first, he has a sandwich! Woody tries to recruit others to help save Eric from himself... will it be too little too late!

QUANTUM & WOODY #24
Quantum is out of control and it's up to Woody to bring him down to Earth. But, at what cost? Woody teams up with Warrant and Master Darque to save his best friend, and the effort endangers not only Quantum & Woody, but also the entire planet! All bets are of ond everything for Quantum & Woody (and Vincent!) changes forever. This is a major turning point for the series!

QUANTUM & WOODY #25
By Priest, Jimenez, & Alpuente
Woodchuck's? Quantum with both bands? Master Darque? What happened to Vincent? What the hell is going on here? Who knows what Priest is going to concoct next. But, we do know this, the gang goes to a bar of ill-repute to see nipplege. And because you all demanded it, the return of the team we all know and love. Two special covers!

QUANTUM & WOODY #26
It's the extra-special double sized 26th anniversary issue! In this double-sized issue, Warrant goes bad. Real bad. Vincent is on life support... does he live, does he die? What will happen to everyone's favorite goat? Only time will tell! Also, in this special issue, we'll be reprinting the extra special Q&W #0 issue, and whatever little extra nuggets we can dig up here at the office!

QUANTUM & WOODY #27
The aftermath of the tragic consequences of last issue fall into place here! Did the goat live or die? Does Woody finally retire the Woodchuck costume? What is the deal with Master Darque? And where the heck is Amy Fishbein? Even we don't know the answer to that one.
FC, 48pg $2.50

THE SECOND LIFE OF DOCTOR MIRAGE VOLUME 2 #1
by Perham, Jadson, & Lyle
When her hushand dies under mysterious circumstances on an archeological expedition, socialite Carmen Mirage decides to do a little digging of her own to find out what really happened. What she uncovers comes like a bolt from the blue: her husband Hwen led a secret second life—as the most powerful sorcerer on Earth. It quickly becomes apparent that the dark forces Hwen battled against finalIy caught up with him... and now they're after Carmen! Can she survive this evil onslaught and prevent her hushand's legacy from falling into the wrong hands?
Cover by Steven Butler and Buzz Setzer.

SHADOW MAN VOLUME 3 #7
by Abnett, Lanning, Broome, & Regla
The conclusion of the "Never Ending Party!" Shadowman finds himself powerless to stop an evil cabalist's plans to suck all the necromantic energy from all of the party-goers! If these machinations come to pass, half of New Orleans may be destroyed! All this, plus Master Darque rears his ugly head!

SHADOW MAN VOLUME 3 #8
Shadow Man and Astrid decide to date. But when it comes to these two, dating isn't a regular thing. Shadow Man and Astrid find themselves stranded in another dimension, and must traverse weird and strange landscapes to find their way home. However, instead of finding home, they end up 25 years in our future... where vampires have taken over the world!

SHADOW MAN VOLUME 3 #9
Shadow Man and Astrid must overthrow the twisted vampire ruled future Earth to return to the present. Surprisingly the leader of the Vampire Earth is someone very familiar to Shadow Man. Who you ask? Buy the book, and find out!

SHADOW MAN VOLUME 3 #10
Shadow Man and Astrid are still trapped in a future Earth that is wrong. Really wrong. The Shadowmantle has taken over the Earth and only Shadow Man can stop it. But what if he's the cause of it?!

SHADOWMAN VOLUME 3 #11
By Abnett, Lanning, Broome, & Regla
Bellos cannot be defeated. Shadow Man and Astrid must return to the present, and the only way can do that is to find Mama Nettie. But, will they find Mama Nettie, and can they stop Bellos in the present before he changes the future?

SHADOW MAN VOLUME 3 #12
by Abnett & Lanning, Broome, & Regla
Astrid and Michael make it back to present day. The Earth is soved from vampiric infestation... or is it? What will Shadow Man do when he faces Bellos in present day? Cap him? Hug him? Have a party? Also, an ending that you just wouldn't believe!

TUROK: Dinosaur Hunter Trade Paperback
Written by Fabian Nicieza / Penciled by Rafael Kayanan / Inked by Rodney Ramos & Rafael Kayanan / Lettered by Comicraft / Color art by Atomic Paintbrush and Colorpillar
Here it is, folks, the origin of the all-new Turok is revealed in this collection, featuring the first two quarterlies, The Empty Souls and Spring Break in the Lost Land. Plus, represented for the first time, the 16-page story that appeared in the Turok: Dinosaur Hunter N64 video game manual!
NOTE: With the videogame having reached over 3/4 of a million people, this book serves as a perfect jumping on point for the all-new monthly Turok comic starting in March! Acclaim will support the comic with in-store promotions and co-op ads.

UNITY 2000 #4
by Shooter, Starlin, & Rubinstein
The Valiant Heroes led by Solar are winning in their struggle against Master Darque. However, Solar, through desperation, has been forced to manipulate the heroes in this battle to save the universe. The heroes do not know they are actually helping Solar to enact UNITY 2000. But they find out... and everything changes.

UNITY 2000 #4
The war between Master Darque and Solar escalates. Allegiances alter and battle lines are re-drawn when a revelation is made about the Man of the Atom... a revelation that could lead to Armageddon!

UNITY 2000 #5
The Man in the Red Suit recruits the one person who completely understands what he's trying to do. And that person is Erica Pierce. Through their thin alliance, they defeat the forces led by Master Darque and continue in their goal to re-enact Unity. However, Erica has other plans in mind.

UNITY 2000 #5
by Shooter, Starlin, & Rubenstein
Now alone in his battle to save the Valiant Universe, Solar has no choice but to turn to his greatest enemy for help! Plus, a dark alliance is formed to guarantee that everybody loses!

UNITY 2000 #6
by Shooter Starlin & Rubinstein
It all ends here and a universe is reborn! Find out who lives and who dies in the startling conclusion to Unity 2000!

UNITY 2000 #6
by Shooter, Starlin, & Rubenstein
Time has run out on hero and villain alike — the Armageddon Clock strikes Midnight! Can Solar save the Valiant Universe and at what cost? Or will a secret alliance be his downfall? The end is near!

X-O MANOWAR TRADE PAPERBACK
Written byMark Waid & Brian Augustyn
Penciled by Sean Chen / Inked by Tom Ryder / Lettered by Comicraft / Color art by Atomic Paintbrush
Right here, right now, are the first four landmark issues of X-O MANOWAR collected in one volume! Learn how Donovan Wylie gained the alien armor! Watch him battle against the forces of R.A.G.E.! And witness the fale of Rand Banion, the original wearer of the X-O armor!
Written by Mark (Captain America, Kingdom Come) Waid & Brian (Ash) Augustyn with artwork by Sean (lron Man) Chen!

Young Readers: ACCLAIM ADVENTURE ZONE "Scrounge Rules" featuring TUROK
A new super-villain, Scrounge, is after Turok—but with Josh gone, Scrounge seems happy to settle on targeting Turok's sister and young nephew, Clay. Bad call for him, since Clay is a Turok-in-training! Combined with back-up stories featuring other Valiant heroes such as Ninjak, Big Max and Megastar, ACCLAIM ADVENTURE ZONE satisfies every kid's craving for all-out super hero action!

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I'd have to choose the Steel Nation 2 part tpb, as it has UNPUBLISHED MATERIAL! :thumb: As for the second era, it's difficult. I would love to have seen what the new Dr. Mirage would have been like, and I would want to have 7-12 of Shadowman released (too bad these 6 can't be counted as one choice). As I've read the scripts for Unity 2k-and wish I hadn't, the hoar, the hoar-I think the only logical choice would be Deadside # 4, as it would complete a story.

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

The Steel Nation stuff would be killer to see. Since Punx 4 is being claimed destroyed by it's creator I can't hope to ever see that.

On the Acclaim side since it looks like we'll get to see the Unity 2000 books soon, I would have to go with Deadside 4 or the Mirage one shot. Deadside would finish the series and the art we've seen from the Mirage book was nice.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

xodacia81 wrote:I'd have to choose the Steel Nation 2 part tpb, as it has UNPUBLISHED MATERIAL! :thumb:
:thumb:

Absolutely Steel nation.

Armorines yearbook and Quantum & Woody are also up there.

/Magnus

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

Does VEI have the unpublished material fron the magnus deluxe editions? Is it possible that they could print that if they ever get the rights to reprint VH1 magnus?

k_c_collectibles
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Walmart - ALWAYS low prices!
Re: Unreleased Comics

Post by k_c_collectibles »

ManofTheAtom wrote:If you could choose to see ONE unreleased comic from VALIANT and Acclaim (one of each) be published, which one would it be?

SECRET WEAPONS #22
by Jollie, Ross, & Ramos
FIREFALL: Part 1 (of 2)—Spymaster Neville Alcott is threatened by the mysterious organisation known as The Gestalt. The Gestalt attacks Alcott, using the fire-wielding Harbinger called Pyroclast. The art by Valiant newcomer Luke Ross looks fantastic.
I already did this as a fan project you wobble head: viewtopic.php?t=14642

I may also be working on another unpublished book from the list depending on how things work out in San Diego this year so keep your fingers crossed. :thumb:

Chris

Fanboy375
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Fanboy375 »

dellamorte wrote:The Steel Nation stuff would be killer to see. Since Punx 4 is being claimed destroyed by it's creator I can't hope to ever see that.

On the Acclaim side since it looks like we'll get to see the Unity 2000 books soon, I would have to go with Deadside 4 or the Mirage one shot. Deadside would finish the series and the art we've seen from the Mirage book was nice.
Nice Plug :thumb:

siren3-4
The best feeling I get is filling holes
The best feeling I get is filling holes
Re: Unreleased Comics

Post by siren3-4 »

ManofTheAtom wrote:
STEEL NATION Vol. I
Featuring MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER. This sixty-four page deluxe-format book represents the first two parts of Magnus's struggle against O-1X first seen in MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER Volume 2#1 & #2.

STEEL NATION Vol. II
The second sixty-four page deluxe-format book, presenting the final two chapters of the war story that rocked the comics world, from MAGNUS; ROBOT FIGHTER Volume 2 #3 & #4.

NOTE: If you read the original comics version of STEEL NATION, you know that the story was too big to be wedged into the usual twenty-two pages per issue that most comics offer. We averaged over 28 pages per issue, and it still wasn't enough. These special volumes showcase the uncut version of STEEL NATION, including never-before-seen pages that were edited out of the original. Also, a magnificent 2 part connecting cover by David Lapham and Bob Layton adorn both volumes of STEEL NATION. No Magnus fan can do without these books.

MAGNUS: STEEL NATION VOLS 1 & 2
This pair of trade paperback editions collects Magnus Robot Fighter Vol 2 # 1-4 (two-issues per volume) and tells the entire Steel Nation storyline along with pages of material left out of the original issues due to space constraints! New connecting cover design by David Lapham and Bob LLayton.

No contest . . . I want these . . . :thumb:

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

I would have also chosen Deadside 4 for the sake of finishing the series, but I chose the Turok trade because it includes the story that came with the video game instead for the same reason, to finish that series.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

steel nation pt 2 as well to see more unpublished stuff. :thumb:

yardstick
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by yardstick »

I want the one that is not on the list:

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1, second printing...

:P

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

superman-prime wrote:steel nation pt 2 as well to see more unpublished stuff. :thumb:
:thumb:

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

To me .... anything new.

For the Acclaim stuff. Easy... Shadowman. I really liked SM v3.

Actually.... I'll be a bit different. For VH1, I'll take the two unpublished Ninjak books. I really remember liking #26 and wanting to see where the story was going.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Elveen wrote:

Actually.... I'll be a bit different. For *VALIANT (1991-1996)*, I'll take the two unpublished Ninjak books. I really remember liking #26 and wanting to see where the story was going.
I was thinking the same thing, the story in #26 was great, and then it just ended. Would love to see where they would have went with it.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Elveen wrote:To me .... anything new.

For the Acclaim stuff. Easy... Shadowman. I really liked SM v3.

Actually.... I'll be a bit different. For *VALIANT (1991-1996)*, I'll take the two unpublished Ninjak books. I really remember liking #26 and wanting to see where the story was going.
For the first era, I was tempted to say Ninjak, but I ended up going with Magnus because of the OTHER material and the whole "Pre-Unity" deal :D

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

I'll go with Magnus and Deadside # 4, that series was actually a pretty good read.

ManofTheAtom
Deathmate was cool
Deathmate was cool

Post by ManofTheAtom »

dellamorte wrote:The Steel Nation stuff would be killer to see. Since Punx 4 is being claimed destroyed by it's creator I can't hope to ever see that.
I wonder if the same happened to other unreleased comics.

I'd like to make an addition and correction to the list.

The addition is the Timewalker one shot (or was it a mini series) Fall of the Time Shapers (which isn't listed on Greg's site but was listed in the Bridge to the Future fan site).

That's the VALIANT comics I'd like to see published.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Brother J wrote:
Elveen wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, the story in #26 was great, and then it just ended. Would love to see where they would have went with it.

That's my point. I really liked #26. Ninjak really left me wanting more.

Great cover BTW.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Elveen wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Elveen wrote:

Great cover BTW.
It had a nice layout

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Elveen wrote:
Brother J wrote:
Elveen wrote:

Great cover BTW.
Thanks for giving me the chance to post this again:

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Wow. I have never seen that before.... I think.

Reguardless..... that is cool. What a great piece to own.

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

ALL OF THEM :D
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

*SQUEE*
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by *SQUEE* »

I want a book that is not on the list as well.

Rai yearbook #1

ncameron
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 92 ish
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Q & W "clang"
Favorite writer: VH1: Shooter

Post by ncameron »

For the original series list I would want the Bloodshot Annual, as that was my favorite Valiant series at the time.

As for the acclaim stuff, it's a tough call for me as I would love to read all the solicited Q & W and Shadowman vol 3 7-12, but Deadside 4 is the one book out of all I would want to read as I love Ashley Wood art.

-neil

MoonChild
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

ncameron wrote:For the original series list I would want the Bloodshot Annual, as that was my favorite Valiant series at the time.

As for the acclaim stuff, it's a tough call for me as I would love to read all the solicited Q & W and Shadowman vol 3 7-12, but Deadside 4 is the one book out of all I would want to read as I love Ashley Wood art.

-neil
What's Up With A New Project!!

Isn't there a Unity 2000 In The Works?
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^