Vandal the Hunter

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

qrnd
My posts can all fit in a short box
Vandal the Hunter

Post by qrnd »

OK, for some reason I was looking up all the trademarks that Valiant once had. The only one that didnt fit in (besides the renamed Star Watchers) was titled "Vandal the Hunter". Does anyone have any information on this? Was it ever used? Just wondering if it was a project that didnt get off the ground or were they just going to rename Turok so they didnt have to license it?

qrnd

Post by qrnd »

Its only been a few days since I posted this, but with the small response I think Ill start asking around other places. Im really interested in what might have been a possible comic from Valiant. Kind of reminds of (what I hope was a joke) a response in the letter column in one of the early Nintendo books about a possible license of Little Lulu from Gold Key.

jusdb
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by jusdb »

iirc, vandal was the name of ivar, aram, and gilad's father....check timewalker 0

Bob Layton
Valiant? I was there!
Valiant? I was there!
Vandal the Hunter

Post by Bob Layton »

Vandal was going to be Barry Windsor-Smith's "Conan" for Valiant.
He had plans to revisit the barbarian lore that originally made him a superstar. Unfortunately, Barry left for Malibu before anything but preliminary sketches were done.
Our loss.

Bob

jusdb

Post by jusdb »

Bob,

was this character planned to tie in w/the "vandal" character id'ed as
aram, ivar, and gilad's father in timewalker #0?

thanks.....

qrnd

Post by qrnd »

Thanks alot for the information Bob. I always felt that X-O pretty much covered the barbarian character type, but a chance to see BWS doing a Conan character would have been nice. His later 'Storyteller' series from Dark Horse seems to cover this territory too.

dellamorte
Zombies and nightstand nightmares
Zombies and nightstand nightmares

Post by dellamorte »

There is a picture of the character in BWS's Opus #2. He refers to him as Axus and he is a dead ringer for Conan.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

wow
if they had gone through with that title ther would have een comics running in 3 seperate timelines in the valiant universe , that would have been so cool
perhaps an event would take place in vandal and the repercussions could have happened in other titles that were in a future timeline
past,present,future
how cool