Harbinger movie

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Harbinger movie

Post by StarBrand »

Is the Harbinger movie dead?
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Harbinger movie

Post by Juki »

I’m guessing… yeah, probably dead. But, I hope if it is ever done…that it is done right.

If it is dead… Paramount looks pretty silly. They bought the rights to do nothing.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I'm told by reliable sources this is not dead.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

nycjadie wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42:32 pm I'm told by reliable sources this is not dead.
I get a feeling that we might wish it had died.

There is still plenty of time for it to implode.

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

nycjadie wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:42:32 pm I'm told by reliable sources this is not dead.
Are you able to give us any info on what your source has said? Or is it basically "It's not dead"
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

Is it “not dead,” but frozen (indefinitely on pause)? Or is there some actual activity?

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Chiclo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:50:13 pm
I get a feeling that we might wish it had died.
This comment for the win :clap:
I Miss the good old days.

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

!!!
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?

Post by betterthanezra »

Very true it’s not dead

It’s a shell of a script that it used to be.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

betterthanezra wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:07:25 am Very true it’s not dead

-Brian
I guess I now understand chiclo’s comment “might wish it had died.” This sounds like bad news. Who is causing the script to be a “shell”of itself? Is it Paramount (you would think Paramount wants this to succeed)? Is it DMG (You would think DMG would want this to succeed… but they keep shooting themselves in the foot)? Is it simply a new rogue writer “rewriting the script” and not staying true to the comics (to make it a story of his own)? That would suck to have the “Harbinger name” and get a totally different story. Someone brought up that Marvel could be behind the DMG takeover of Valiant to make sure it never competes (I had never thought about that… but money talks).

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

It's going to be Highlander 2 all over again...

Michael Ironside and aliens instead of Sean Connery and magic swordfights.

Torque is now a Transformer, Faith is now a Tik Tok star influencer, Pete is a transgender circus performer, and, Kris is TERF who hates they/them

Harada is now Chinese and he executes the Bleeding Monk because he is trying to assert that Tibet is a sovereign nation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Juki wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:28:01 am

-Brian
I guess I now understand chiclo’s comment “might wish it had died.” This sounds like bad news. Who is causing the script to be a “shell”of itself? Is it Paramount (you would think Paramount wants this to succeed)? Is it DMG (You would think DMG would want this to succeed… but they keep shooting themselves in the foot)? Is it simply a new rogue writer “rewriting the script” and not staying true to the comics (to make it a story of his own)? That would suck to have the “Harbinger name” and get a totally different story. Someone brought up that Marvel could be behind the DMG takeover of Valiant to make sure it never competes (I had never thought about that… but money talks).
It's the writers not understanding what makes the characters work. Leaving out certain members is also happening (like Torque and Kris).
Creating an new threat instead of something already introduced for this narative.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

betterthanezra wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:30:23 am

-Brian
It's the writers not understanding what makes the characters work. Leaving out certain members is also happening (like Torque and Kris).
Creating an new threat instead of something already introduced for this narative.

-Brian
Ouch. I hope they know what they are doing. :hope:
That was the great thing about having Dinesh involved (he seemed to want to stay true to the characters and stories… wanting Valiant to shine in the quality department). I wonder if he will still have any “input.” DMG should think about keeping him as a consultant.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

-Brian

-Brian
Well this is discouraging.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Chiclo wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:27:52 am

-Brian

-Brian
Well this is discouraging.
+1

Yikes. facepalm
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Juki wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:48:07 am

-Brian

-Brian
That was the great thing about having Dinesh involved (he seemed to want to stay true to the characters and stories… wanting Valiant to shine in the quality department). I wonder if he will still have any “input.” DMG should think about keeping him as a consultant.
Unfortunately Dan Mintz won’t let his ego allow that to happen and once the script was bought by Paramount Dinesh has nothing to do with it.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

betterthanezra wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:44:10 pm

-Brian

-Brian
Unfortunately Dan Mintz won’t let his ego allow that to happen and once the script was bought by Paramount Dinesh has nothing to do with it.

-Brian
Does Dinesh still have any chance of working on Bloodshot 2? ….since it is with Sony and he worked on #1. :hope:

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Juki wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:04:23 am
betterthanezra wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:44:10 pm

-Brian

-Brian

-Brian
Does Dinesh still have any chance of working on Bloodshot 2? ….since it is with Sony and he worked on #1. :hope:
Yes absolutely, Sony hired Dinesh and Mintz had nothing to do with it.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

I wonder if Paramount is under any time pressure to make a Harbinger Movie? In other words, would there be a deadline for production or loose the cinematic rights? And if so, would the cinematic rights go back to Sony…. or VEI?

buff-beardo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by buff-beardo »

The entire concept of Harbinger started as an aborted movie script via Shooter late 80’s if I’m not mistaken.
Muse Rocks! Check out “The Handler”.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

buff-beardo wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:29:04 am The entire concept of Harbinger started as an aborted movie script via Shooter late 80’s if I’m not mistaken.
Yep! Shooter wrote a script for a movie (with all the characters) and the movie company (can't remember who) said they liked it, they loved it, but could he change it. It was right at the peak of Eddy Murphy's career, and they wanted him to star in it and wanted him to write Eddy into the script.

Shooter told them to get bent, went on to make a comic of the story.
Moose

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

So what about the other film “projects” for Valiant…. are any of those still alive? (X-O movie, Shadowman movie, A&A movie, Faith movie, Eternal Warrior movie). And are any of the made for tv series still alive (I think it was Doctor Mirage….or was it Archer and Armstrong)?

Does everyone think that all of the above is on hold until something more successful comes out?….either Harbinger or Bloodshot 2?

If that is the case…. It may be a long wait.