Anybody know about these remaining Turok character sheets?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

operative lm
Working on the first full appearance of me
Anybody know about these remaining Turok character sheets?

Post by operative lm »

Hey, all!

A few weeks ago, a number of Raf's Turok character sheets appeared on Heritage Auctions. There were two sheets, though, that should exist that didn't go up. I was wondering if anybody knows anything about where they might be and/or who might have them.

Quick background:

Back in 2010 or so, eleven discs from Acclaim Entertainment were dumped onto the internet. Tucked away on one of the discs was a concept art folder named "TOYLINE" that had the following low-res colorized images (I bunched them all together just for you guys):

Here's a link to the full-sized image. The turnaround style of the non-colorized originals kind of matches the style of the confirmed toy concepts from Shadowman and Quantum & Woody that were also on HA recently, so I'm guessing these were made to be given to Playmates Toys (or any other potential toy company) for making the action figures and such.

All of these have been accounted for on HA except for poor Barry and Josh. Now, I'm just assuming that they would have had the same three-angle sheets as the others, but I think it's a pretty good assumption.

Anybody know anything? :P

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: Anybody know about these remaining Turok character sheets?

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

There is/was a sheet with Josh and another dino on HA.

Slightly different pose and 6 instead of only 3 angles.

operative lm
Re: Anybody know about these remaining Turok character sheets?

Post by operative lm »

Yeah, saw that one. I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, too, but hell if I know where. That lot also had a really neat layout of a potential Lost Land playset. If nine-year-old me had seen that, he would've been very upset that it didn't actually exist. :P

I happened to remember that there were some sketches in the back of the first VH2 issue, so I double-checked it and there was the Josh turnaround. Confirmation, if it was even needed, that it at least existed at some point.