X-O Manowar VH1 Question!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

riftt
Get those scissors away from my coupons
X-O Manowar VH1 Question!

Post by riftt »

So for The Chaos Effect X-O goes to space to fight the spider aliens in X-O #33 and then keeps fighting them up there in Armorines 6 and 7. But then in X-O #34 he's back on Earth in the jungle with Ken. Am I correct that that's all there is and we don't see Aric getting back from space or anything else story-wise to connect XO 33/Armorines 6-7 to X-O 34?

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Re: X-O Manowar VH1 Question!

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

riftt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:10:15 pm So for The Chaos Effect X-O goes to space to fight the spider aliens in X-O #33 and then keeps fighting them up there in Armorines 6 and 7. But then in X-O #34 he's back on Earth in the jungle with Ken. Am I correct that that's all there is and we don't see Aric getting back from space or anything else story-wise to connect XO 33/Armorines 6-7 to X-O 34?
In XO #34, it does say "several days later" when Aric is first seen in South America and he's later referring to "the battle with the spider devils in space". Meanwhile, Randy is traveling from the East Coast to Vancouver and then Berlin. There's really no need to show Aric flying back -- as there is no need seeing Randy on an aircraft to Canada or Germany.

It's just slightly confusing because Armorines #7 was published after XO #34.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

But that's still an excellent point. There is zero reason a fanfiction couldn't be written describing further events between #33 and #34.

Let's speculate for a second. What might have occurred in the return trip, or those "several days "?
Could there have been further adventures in space? Were the spider aliens the only real alien threat at that time? Well, we know from Magnus Era that the Predators are out there and the Predator movies established their presence near 20th century Earth.

Who's not to say Aric didn't encounter one, and prevail, making the one in Magnus the Predators' 2nd battle with an XO armor
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

riftt

Post by riftt »

I was reading X-O #1/2 and it sounds like Jorge Gonzalez had a lot of plans/storylines he wasn't able to do due to Marz coming in. Jorge mentions a major storyline dealing with the attempted takeover of Orb by Doug Freedman who he introduced in issue 36, and bringing back the stripper Lauren from issue 5. Sounds like he had stuff mapped out a little past issue 50. Have there been any interviews or anything in subsequent years where he sheds any more light on any of that stuff?

Sunlight on Snow

riftt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40:16 pm I was reading X-O #1/2 and it sounds like Jorge Gonzalez had a lot of plans/storylines he wasn't able to do due to Marz coming in. Jorge mentions a major storyline dealing with the attempted takeover of Orb by Doug Freedman who he introduced in issue 36, and bringing back the stripper Lauren from issue 5. Sounds like he had stuff mapped out a little past issue 50. Have there been any interviews or anything in subsequent years where he sheds any more light on any of that stuff?
You're moving backwards in time now!

A year ago you asked why Ron Marz' run on X-O ended so abruptly...and now it's Jorge Gonzalez. Didn't you mention getting Ron Marz was a pretty big "get" for Valiant in the first place? Maybe that's your answer? Maybe someone at Valiant simply thought the Crescendo storyline by writer Ron Marz was more promising than the one featuring Freedman by Gonzalez.

riftt

Post by riftt »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01:24 am
riftt wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40:16 pm I was reading X-O #1/2 and it sounds like Jorge Gonzalez had a lot of plans/storylines he wasn't able to do due to Marz coming in. Jorge mentions a major storyline dealing with the attempted takeover of Orb by Doug Freedman who he introduced in issue 36, and bringing back the stripper Lauren from issue 5. Sounds like he had stuff mapped out a little past issue 50. Have there been any interviews or anything in subsequent years where he sheds any more light on any of that stuff?

A year ago you asked why Ron Marz' run on X-O ended so abruptly...and now it's Jorge Gonzalez. Didn't you mention getting Ron Marz was a pretty big "get" for Valiant in the first place? Maybe that's your answer? Maybe someone at Valiant simply thought the Crescendo storyline by writer Ron Marz was more promising than the one featuring Freedman by Gonzalez.
A year ago I was putting my custom bind together and that question occurred to me. Now I am actually reading through the series and am reaching that moment. My question now isn't about why Jorge was replaced, it's about the specific story elements he had planned that he didn't get to implement and if in later years he ever mentioned any more about what would've happened.

Sunlight on Snow

riftt wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:20:34 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:01:24 am

A year ago I was putting my custom bind together and that question occurred to me. Now I am actually reading through the series and am reaching that moment. My question now isn't about why Jorge was replaced, it's about the specific story elements he had planned that he didn't get to implement and if in later years he ever mentioned any more about what would've happened.
Yeah yeah yeah, the fate of Lauren the hot stripper girl and 1-page Freedman.....we'll never know!