My collection - reunited!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: My collection - reunited!

Post by Juki »

Great use of space! :clap:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***Support your local farmers!***

Trenton Sy
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by Trenton Sy »

Thanks guys!
Had to come up with something that looked better than longboxes and it turned out being way better use of space and makes it easier to get to my books.

"Life is one's oppurtunity to change that which aflicts them" ~ Dr. Doom

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

nycjadie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:00:51 pm The Sandman/Death skateboards are awesome!
+1

They should surround the TARDIS clock tho.

Vansau
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: Deathmate (sorry)
Favorite character: Hwen Fong
Favorite title: Second Life of Dr Mirage
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor-Smith

Post by Vansau »

Trenton Sy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:10:28 pm Thanks guys!
Had to come up with something that looked better than longboxes and it turned out being way better use of space and makes it easier to get to my books.

Thanks for sharing the photos. My collection currently fills up my closet in a bunch of shortboxes, but the plan is we're eventually going to move to a place with a little more room where we can hopefully set up an office/comics dungeon. My partner and I keep looking for storage ideas beyond piles of boxes and this is great inspiration.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

nycjadie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:22:34 pm
Trenton Sy wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:10:26 pm Congratulations and getting your books back! A comic room is a life affirming accomplishment lol. I have one now and it’s become my office through COVID love sitting surrounded by art books and statues. I have a couple interesting storage solutions too if you are interested. A modded legal size file cabinet held about 15 long boxes for me and I have a sweet IKEA setup that works really well for comics as well.

Wait a minute, wasn’t there a story on here from years ago about an angry EX who gave someone’s collection a golden shower? Might want to carefully check those books Image

Thanks! I look forward to posting pictures at some point. For now, there is major organization going on.

I once bought a small collection only to find out that a cat *SQUEE* on it. It was HORRIBLE. I don't know how I missed it when i bought it and the seller conveniently said nothing. About 2-3 rubbermaid bins. Anyway, I made it work, but there was a lot of rebagging and boarding!
This story requires more detail, lol... how much cat-scat are we talking about, here? Did the cat deposit its surplus *into* these bins?! Did you discover the bonus material at the bottom of the bins or was it attached to the comics?!! :lol:

And also - congrats on getting your full collection back too. Thats great news & I'm happy for you! :clap:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

The guy I bought the collection from lived with his mother. It was a pretty gross apartment complex and apartment. He looked to be there temporarily. I don't buy collections any longer, but this was typical. Someone needed money and was selling off a bunch of crap they no longer wanted or needed. Often that it comic books.

The place smelled - well - not so nice, but I had no idea how bad it was. I packed the comics in the van and it immediately smelled like ammonia. I mean - it was bad, bad, bad.

I saw that I needed to rebag and board every comic book. I did it in a marathon of two nights after work. The bags were yellow and sticky with *SQUEE*.

I wonder if the guy didn't do it on purpose, I mean, how does a cat *SQUEE* in rubbermaids full of comics. In fact, I'm pretty sure he did. Or someone else did and he decided to get rid of them without fixing the problem.

Luckily, none of the comics were ruined, so it as relatively easy (but painful) job. My ex was not, not happy with me bringing that mess in the house.

The collection had some modern keys that were pretty good. I still have many of them, Dell'Otto rarities and things of that nature. Fun collection. Not sure I'd do it again though...

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Very excited for the next few weeks as I get to organize the comic room, a few hours a day anyway. I've already set aside things I'm going to sell or trade, so that will be fun. That pile with grow as I go through it. I also intend on putting up my standees all in the same room for the first time. I'm SUPER excited about that. It will cover the mess and be a fun addition.