Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
Re: 2.6

Post by Jrosen »

I just reread the latest Rai and Quantum and Woody arcs. It's sad seeing all of the ads for Harbinger, Savage, Shadowman, Final Witness, and the Visitor, and none of them came out or were completed in 2020. I am also so frustrated that the books ended on cliff hangers. With QW, I know that the artist was told that there would be a second arc, but COVID cut it. I don't think he was told before it was cut, and he found out on twitter. Rai was just so good. It's really a shame what's going on with Valiant.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Jrosen wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:59:50 pm I just reread the latest Rai and Quantum and Woody arcs. It's sad seeing all of the ads for Harbinger, Savage, Shadowman, Final Witness, and the Visitor, and none of them came out or were completed in 2020. I am also so frustrated that the books ended on cliff hangers. With QW, I know that the artist was told that there would be a second arc, but COVID cut it. I don't think he was told before it was cut, and he found out on twitter. Rai was just so good. It's really a shame what's going on with Valiant.
Is there a reliable source (tweet)?

Because, I believe, the series was only meant to be an ongoing for a very short moment in time before VEI announced it would only be a mini and ultimately that mini was temp. delayed by COVID......but this is the first time I hear something about a potential 2nd arc. :?

And the last thing the artist (Ryan Browne) tweeted about it....
https://twitter.com/RyanBrowneArt/status/1280897478305484801 wrote:Quantum and Woody 4 is out today! The wait is over! Very proud of this four issue run and it’s been an absolutely thrill working with @drhastings @HeatherAntos @Ruth_Redmond @HassanOE and @DavidNakayama SO GOOD!
Doesn't really sound as if he was expecting to go for another arc!

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

I spoke with Ryan Browne at C2E2, which was the last con right before COVID shut everything down, and he told me that his run was extended to at least 8 issues.

From his twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/RyanBrowneArt/statu ... 0744891399

Sunlight on Snow

Jrosen wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:05:20 pm I spoke with Ryan Browne at C2E2, which was the last con right before COVID shut everything down, and he told me that his run was extended to at least 8 issues.

From his twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/RyanBrowneArt/statu ... 0744891399
Pretty sure this is just him complaining/wondering about the "pencils down".

It had been made clear this series would be just a mini in 2019.....before COVID...etc.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

Like I said, Ryan told me that they were green lit for a second arc, and 3 weeks later he shows a cancelation image. If you read his Twitter account, it's pretty clear that it wasn't pencils down.

Sunlight on Snow

Jrosen wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:15:12 pm Like I said, Ryan told me that they were green lit for a second arc, and 3 weeks later he shows a cancelation image. If you read his Twitter account, it's pretty clear that it wasn't pencils down.
This tweet is from March 20, 2020--the very day VEI made their Pencils Down announcement--with other creatives posting they would be missing their paychecks too, so it's pretty damn obvious the tweet is all about the Pencils Down (regardless of how many more issues the creative team had been promised to do).

Here's Browne's tweet from the day the final issue was eventually published....
https://twitter.com/RyanBrowneArt/statu ... 8305484801
.....in which he mentioned he's "very proud of this four-issue run and it’s been an absolutely thrill working with...." [VEI].