Bad Idea - Mail-Order Dealers

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
Bad Idea - Mail-Order Dealers

Post by Jrosen »

I've been holding out hope that my LCS would be added to the Bad Idea list, but I doesn't look like it's going to happen. I got an email yesterday from Bad Idea that said preorders are due tomorrow. So I guess, I'm in a rush to find another place to pick up all of the Bad Idea books.

I seem to recall that Ed at Collector's Paradise was doing this for people, and I sent him an email this morning. In case that falls through, does anyone know of any Bad Idea shops that are willing to do mail order? To minimize shipping costs, I'd, ideally, like the dealer to send the books in pull box once a month.

Thanks!

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
Re: Bad Idea - Mail-Order Dealers

Post by mkb28 »

Jrosen wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:01:12 pm I've been holding out hope that my LCS would be added to the Bad Idea list, but I doesn't look like it's going to happen. I got an email yesterday from Bad Idea that said preorders are due tomorrow. So I guess, I'm in a rush to find another place to pick up all of the Bad Idea books.

I seem to recall that Ed at Collector's Paradise was doing this for people, and I sent him an email this morning. In case that falls through, does anyone know of any Bad Idea shops that are willing to do mail order? To minimize shipping costs, I'd, ideally, like the dealer to send the books in pull box once a month.

Thanks!
Hello:

Here is a prior thread that has a list of the retailers. So far, I only have the one copy coming from Ed. I have to find a retailer that will ship these out too. Good luck!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53536

Michael
Mkb28

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Here in Germany all LCS are doing mail order by now. Thanks to COVID and all the lockdowns.

However, none of them will be getting any BAD IDEA stuff. Same old story.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I tried calling the nearest store to me (a couple of hours away) about driving down and picking them up every other month but they aren't really helpful or informative. I would love to be able to preorder with a store that does shipping orders well.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Jump onto the Bad Idea Facebook fans page and take a look at the posts from this week. There are a bunch of stores posting about how you can pre-order / mail-order with them!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495385493933181

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Thanks, I think I found a pretty good option.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

dino wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:57:56 pm Jump onto the Bad Idea Facebook fans page and take a look at the posts from this week. There are a bunch of stores posting about how you can pre-order / mail-order with them!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495385493933181
Thanks! I'll see who responds there.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

I sent emails to a couple dealers on the group, but nobody responded. It's really frustrating trying to figure out how to get a hold of these books.

Dino - any chance you can ping me with a dealer that is willing to do business?!?

Tim
Confession... I liked Psi-Lords.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

Jrosen wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59:05 pm I sent emails to a couple dealers on the group, but nobody responded. It's really frustrating trying to figure out how to get a hold of these books.

Dino - any chance you can ping me with a dealer that is willing to do business?!?
I ordered mine from:

www.nerdstoreutah.com/

Shipping was very reasonable, too. I ordered all issues of ENIAC, The Lot and Tankers for $49 shipped.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

Tim wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:42:07 pm
Jrosen wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:59:05 pm I sent emails to a couple dealers on the group, but nobody responded. It's really frustrating trying to figure out how to get a hold of these books.

I ordered mine from:

www.nerdstoreutah.com/

Shipping was very reasonable, too. I ordered all issues of ENIAC, The Lot and Tankers for $49 shipped.
The Nerd Store was one of the shops that didn't write me back, and when I called the store, nobody working knew about the Bad Idea books or could explain how the website worked. For example, under the description of each title, it said that the books would be shipped when the entire story arc was completed. So when i saw only one, modest shipping charge when I added all the books to my cart, I started wondering if they were going to repeat that charge for all items in my on-line basket, including the two one shots, or if they were going to hold all pre-orders until they are done and ship them out together.

I posted on the Facebook Group and a number of dealers jumped in and offered assistance. I think I'm good now, but it would have been so much easier if my LCS had been selected as a member.

Tim
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Tim »

Jrosen[/quote wrote: ...or if they were going to hold all pre-orders until they are done and ship them out together.
This is what they are doing, per my understanding.

mkb28
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

I just pre-ordered all the Bad Idea titles from the Fantasy Shop in St. Charles, Missouri. They did not know when the books will be released exactly, but they are one of the comic book stores on the Bad Idea list. Shipping is $8.99 and I can request shipping at any time or let them stack up for a while, which is what I plan to do.

Mkb28

Sunlight on Snow

I pre-ordered everything through the Big Bangie in Dublin, Ireland. When I initially contacted them they didn't know much either but said they could certainly collect it for me and ship quarterly or so. That was before COVID. Right now I'm still waiting for some sort of response from the pre-order. Should I get a confirmation mail from Bad Idea or the Big Bangie?!? :?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:34:20 pm I pre-ordered everything through the Big Bangie in Dublin, Ireland. When I initially contacted them they didn't know much either but said they could certainly collect it for me and ship quarterly or so. That was before COVID. Right now I'm still waiting for some sort of response from the pre-order. Should I get a confirmation mail from Bad Idea or the Big Bangie?!? :?
I think I once watched a movie called the Big Bangie in Dublin.

Sunlight on Snow

Chiclo wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46:05 pm
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:34:20 pm I pre-ordered everything through the Big Bangie in Dublin, Ireland. When I initially contacted them they didn't know much either but said they could certainly collect it for me and ship quarterly or so. That was before COVID. Right now I'm still waiting for some sort of response from the pre-order. Should I get a confirmation mail from Bad Idea or the Big Bangie?!? :?
:lol:

It's bigbangcomics.ie!

apacseller
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: Harbinger #1
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Warriors of Plasm

Post by apacseller »

I just purchased every available Bad Idea (pre-order) comic from:

https://www.nerdstoreutah.com/

About $57 shipped.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:51:14 pm
Chiclo wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46:05 pm
:lol:

It's bigbangcomics.ie!
Nah, that can’t be it. I don’t find any depressing Irish blue films streaming on that website.

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

Pretty much the same here. I hope my order is registered, but I can't be sure.

/Magnus

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

If you don't get a confirmation from the store you selected your pre-order is not complete. Here's a list of the Bad Idea stores with the new stores added:

https://www.badideacorp.com/destination-stores

Sunlight on Snow

dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:30:02 pm If you don't get a confirmation from the store you selected your pre-order is not complete. Here's a list of the Bad Idea stores with the new stores added:

Wait! What? WTF!?!

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:43:34 pm
dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:30:02 pm If you don't get a confirmation from the store you selected your pre-order is not complete. Here's a list of the Bad Idea stores with the new stores added:

Wait! What? WTF!?!
If you registered your interest to pre-order at whereisbadidea.com then you need to confirm your pre-order with the selected store.

If you contacted a store directly and pre-ordered that way you also need to confirm your order with your store.

How did you pre-order? With a store directly? Each store has different terms. Did you put them credit card details?

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...

Post by magnusr »

dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:54:50 pm How did you pre-order? With a store directly? Each store has different terms. Did you put them credit card details?
Could be different for others. Me, I have been mailing Big Bang since you first published the list and told them I want to order all. Each time I have reminded them, they have said that information is coming soon. They have not yet accepted to take my credit card details.

Maybe you can confirm whether they have passed on our orders?

/Magnus

Sunlight on Snow

dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:54:50 pm How did you pre-order? With a store directly? Each store has different terms. Did you put them credit card details?
As I said before, I had contacted Big Bang Comics before (COVID-19) and they said they would be willing to collect ENIAC for me but they would not know anything about #BadIdea and how things would be handled eventually.

Then--like Magnus--I pre-ordered everything via your website where it says....
We're here to help! Pick a store below, give us your details, and we'll let them know so they can get in touch and confirm your pre-order!
This is pretty much the opposite to....
dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:54:50 pm If you registered your interest to pre-order at whereisbadidea.com then you need to confirm your pre-order with the selected store.
:?

Sunlight on Snow

OMG!!! :o

I've just seen there's a store in Germany right now. Registered again....afterwards it says (again):
Success!

Your request has been received. We'll let your store know, so that they can be in touch closer to the release of ENIAC to finalize your pre-order.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss

Post by dino »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:10:06 am
As I said before, I had contacted Big Bang Comics before (COVID-19) and they said they would be willing to collect ENIAC for me but they would not know anything about #BadIdea and how things would be handled eventually.

Then--like Magnus--I pre-ordered everything via your website where it says....
We're here to help! Pick a store below, give us your details, and we'll let them know so they can get in touch and confirm your pre-order!
This is pretty much the opposite to....
dino wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:54:50 pm If you registered your interest to pre-order at whereisbadidea.com then you need to confirm your pre-order with the selected store.
:?
It's the same thing. whereisbadidea.com registers interest and forwards to the selected store. The store has to confirm with you that they will indeed fill the pre-order. Each store will have different requirements.