Did comic writer Jonathan Hickman used to be a poster/member here?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
Did comic writer Jonathan Hickman used to be a poster/member here?

Post by valiantdude »

I said I was retired from here, because life moved on...but Im so *SQUEE* bored with covid and working from my office, I'm taking a break from my retirement, and I'm back on the boards!!..for a sec.
Now I know this is weird, but I clicked on some of my old posts from like 16 years ago, and some of my responses were from a board member named johnhickman, around 2004-2005, was it the now pretty well known comic writer?

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears
Re: Did comic writer Jonathan Hickman used to be a poster/member here?

Post by paradise »

I highly doubt it, he's never shown to be a Valiant fan.
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Every Jonathan I have ever known has been very specific about not including an H in their name, especially in the contracted form of Jon.

Both John and Jonathan are of Hebrew origin but not related beyond the jo- in both names coming from the given name of the Lord. Jonathan is related to the name Nathan. The Hebrew word natan (depending on the vowels) can mean something being placed or sometimes a gift; Jonathan breaks down as YHWH natan, placed by the Lord or gift of the Lord. This is semantically equivalent to the order of the two elements of the name being reversed, which is the family name Netanyahu. Thus, Benjamin Netanyahu - Son of my right hand, placed by the Lord - poetic; almost prophetic.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

paradise wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:35:58 pm I highly doubt it, he's never shown to be a Valiant fan.
He's a huge OG Valiant fan

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

yes, i didnt notice the h and the no h somehow.. even though I typed it..
that makes more sense..
looking back its crazy how many old board members there used to be that were so passionate, and then vanished..
and im confused how i uploaded to a post, all the images i had of the the unpublished VH1 Solar/Timewalker Yearbook, and now they are gone. is there a time limit on Tiny img?
I'll have to find those and post them again

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:13:48 pm Every Jonathan I have ever known has been very specific about not including an H in their name, especially in the contracted form of Jon.

Both John and Jonathan are of Hebrew origin but not related beyond the jo- in both names coming from the given name of the Lord. Jonathan is related to the name Nathan. The Hebrew word natan (depending on the vowels) can mean something being placed or sometimes a gift; Jonathan breaks down as YHWH natan, placed by the Lord or gift of the Lord. This is semantically equivalent to the order of the two elements of the name being reversed, which is the family name Netanyahu. Thus, Benjamin Netanyahu - Son of my right hand, placed by the Lord - poetic; almost prophetic.
So basically someone named Jonathan Netanyahu would essentially have the same first and last name?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:13:48 pm Every Jonathan I have ever known has been very specific about not including an H in their name, especially in the contracted form of Jon.

I believe his family (or maybe just his father) moved from Warsaw to Israel during or shortly after WWII; then changing their name to Netanyahu.

IIRC his elder brother--the first born son--was called Yonatan.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

This is why I come here.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Indeed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.