Bloodshot 2 Movie News

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Bloodshot 2 Movie News

Post by IMJ »

Vin Diesel Teases Bloodshot 2 News This Week

Saw something about this on Instagram I think, last night. I'm cool with it. I'd like another shot - Bloodshot wasn't terrible. By any means. But it was unremarkable and... basically a generic Vin Diesel flick that suffered from some unrecognizable characters.

A sequel could really dig into the comic book and hopefully make the characters look like the page. I also hope it would see things for some more Valiant flicks. I hope a sequel happens as a second chance to be better.

And I'm sorry but no excuses. Vin should suck it up and walk around in pale white makeup the whole flick. Dead serious. No "actor" or "studio" bull $#!(, just go all the way and make this happen.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: Bloodshot 2 Movie News

Post by dornwolf »

Like I know the pandemic pretty much clipped Bloodshot off at it's knees at release, if only it stuck to that February release, but have the streaming and purchase numbers been that good? I bought it, mainly because much like WarCraft and Assassins Creed I figured this wasn't happening again, but still. I get why Valiant and DMG would want to push forward no brainer there but would Sony want to. It had already looked like Sony had skimped on the budget how much more could they gut from that thing.

Also fully agree, it's not like it's a helmet or mask or anything, go full Bloodshot look or bust.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

It could be a case where - and God help me for saying it - but mathematically it might be a case where the pandemic actually helped an IP move forward. Hear me out - consider that the pandemic is an excuse - a viable excuse for how the movie could've done better. Now all you have to do is search the forums to find out how I felt about the flick as a whole. But that aside, I think that flop or not the movie would've done better without a pandemic than it did with a pandemic.

And so maybe the bets at the studio are that given the DVD and streaming sales on it, it would've done very well under normal circumstances. And so in that regard the situation maybe helps green light a sequel. Whereas without a pandemic and under the bright lights of a regular box office tally the movie might not have gotten the green light for another outing.

-shrugs- Idunno. But either way this is their chance to do that *SQUEE* right, and I don't begrudge them that.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

I have sat through some horrible movies and upon re watching a lot of what I own turns out some of them don't get better and some are just exist. I'm down for a second shot. Most movies lately get at least that much.