Was the Matrix stolen from Magnus?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

film_fan
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: Solar
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: BWS
Was the Matrix stolen from Magnus?

Post by film_fan »

Has anyone noticed The Matrix film's backstory bear similarities to the Magnus comics? The robots featured in the Animatrix look similar to the robots in the comics. Additionally, I noticed the Malevs would place captive humans in "Ectotheric Pods" which were similar to the pods as depicted in the Matrix films.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
Re: Was the Matrix stolen from Magnus?

Post by valiantdude »

mostly, the writers were big comic guys in the 90s, even had some pro comic work,
yes they pillaged vh1 magnus specifically tony bedars run... they took imagery from the harbinger wars in the animatrix, they even had an homage to Rai #0 in the 1st matrix movie
they were/are huge valiant fans

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

What was the homage? I must have missed this back in the day.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »