Done with comics

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Done with comics

Post by nonplayer »

Well guys been a V fan for a long long long time and a super fan of 2012 valiant. Mutable projects under my belt and pumpkin carving contests.
My ongoing collections of xo and turok will continue. But I feel dicked around by badidea and the non hype.
I have left all the v fans fb group and will drop bad idea in a few days. I dont love valiant anymore its a shadow of its former self. I felt suckered along in the end there and sorry Dinesh a guy whos been on board from day one Im pretty *SQUEE* about not getting hero trade and not because I wanted to flip it I wanted a peice of history I felt screwed over by the edmonton store and Ive just had it.
I dont read other comics and I am not spending money on shipping. Sorry all good luck to you. Im out. I will still check here but not getting on another collecting bandwagon.
All the best.
I Miss the good old days.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993
Re: Done with comics

Post by dino »

Sorry to hear that man. Bad Idea is definitely not for everyone. We're not trying to be everything to everyone or a publisher everyone likes. Our goal (or bad idea) is to be a publisher some people absolutely love. And while I do get it and I myself collect that way too, I'm sorry to hear that being able to read The Hero Trade in ENIAC #3 wasn't enough. The only comfort I can try and give you is that what we've got planned for down the road would probably just have made you more upset.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

nonplayer wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:07:49 pm Well guys been a V fan for a long long long time and a super fan of 2012 valiant. Mutable projects under my belt and pumpkin carving contests.
My ongoing collections of xo and turok will continue. But I feel dicked around by badidea and the non hype.
I have left all the v fans fb group and will drop bad idea in a few days. I dont love valiant anymore its a shadow of its former self. I felt suckered along in the end there and sorry Dinesh a guy whos been on board from day one Im pretty *SQUEE* about not getting hero trade and not because I wanted to flip it I wanted a peice of history I felt screwed over by the edmonton store and Ive just had it.
I dont read other comics and I am not spending money on shipping. Sorry all good luck to you. Im out. I will still check here but not getting on another collecting bandwagon.
All the best.
Not sure that your thread title fits that you are done with comics if you are still buying X-O or Turok.

But I can say that Cantwell's current Iron Man run is the best the book has been since 2007 if you want something great to read. Although I thought that about Gillen's first arc on Iron Man several years back as well, and then after that arc he turned Tony into a genetically engineered space-clone not actually Howard and Maria Stark's son and that was a pretty terrible shark jump, soooo.... Also Cate's Thor is in the middle of what will probably be a defining run on the character. Something is Killing the Children is pretty solid too.

Other than a few hanger's-on and viral-marketing-posters here we all basically know Valiant hasn't been good in years. Most collectors stayed in for the hunt of extreme variants, if not the content. Why are you erupting about this just now? It sounds like your main disappointment is the Bad Idea marketing model. Bad Ideas marketing model is a barrier to entry. The books will come around someday. Find something else to read. I mean hell, you've hung on with X-O somehow so finding a solid title to back and put your efforts into shouldn't be too hard.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

I'm done with breakfast.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:42:34 am I'm done with breakfast.
:clap: :lol: :lol: :clap:

No, no, no all of the breakfast should be cancelled because bacon is a symbol of Southern oppression. And that is the problem with this country - eggs that are sunny side up are offensive because there is no sunny side to southern-born-bacon-breakfast and it should be cancelled. And then we can rebuild a new culture by embracing a new breakfast of soy for all of the new puritan-elite eaters al;ksjvq;newrv o;p[3n co[13kn13knirogm you mutherfucvkl;aqv;oin3wqe'[inr31 -banging on keyboard- F^(%! GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I always find more room for breakfast.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Bad Idea is something I want to get behind, but I still don't see any easy way to get the books. Right now I'd have to drive about 5 hours round-trip for the nearest shop and I'm definitely not doing that. Maybe Ed will offer some more ... that I can do. Stuff like the Hero Trade is pretty unobtainable, which is fine. The whole purpose is to stir things up and create something that a lot of people really want. I tried to get all the VEI books, too, but it got to be too much to keep up with.

But I'll be as much of a Bad Idea fan as the present realities allow me. I might drink some beer, too.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

depluto wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15:35 pm Bad Idea is something I want to get behind, but I still don't see any easy way to get the books. Right now I'd have to drive about 5 hours round-trip for the nearest shop and I'm definitely not doing that. Maybe Ed will offer some more ... that I can do. Stuff like the Hero Trade is pretty unobtainable, which is fine. The whole purpose is to stir things up and create something that a lot of people really want. I tried to get all the VEI books, too, but it got to be too much to keep up with.

But I'll be as much of a Bad Idea fan as the present realities allow me. I might drink some beer, too.
What I’d like to see in the future is a pic of you drinking a beer while reading a Bad Idea comic, complete with caption “Felt cute. Might delete.”
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;