The first BAD IDEA comic: HERO TRADE #1 by Lapham & Kindt out now.

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: The first BAD IDEA comic: HERO TRADE #1 by Lapham & Kindt out now.

Post by Chiclo »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17:09 pm OMG did you know Nirvana had a hidden track after Something in the Way on Nevermind???

Wtf is this, 90’s day??? :lol:
You must have had a very different 90s from me. :o

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Chiclo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:07:19 pm
Blood of Heroes wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17:09 pm OMG did you know Nirvana had a hidden track after Something in the Way on Nevermind???

Your 90s was more like the 1890s, right?

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

:funnypost:

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Big spike towards the billion Button hits. 925M. About a 25M bump overnight. We might get there next week. I just want to buy these books.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:15:48 pm
Chiclo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:07:19 pm

Your 90s was more like the 1890s, right?
Perhaps so. I suppose you could say it was a gilded age.

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

Dino asked us to go "all in" on bad idea.

I went "all in"

First thing they did is release a very limited promo item, to make sure that not ALL of their "all in" customers can get one... Thus breaking the "all in" that they asked us for, and we signed up for.

This caused them to lose customers before they actually sold a copy of their first officially released book. Another stupid idea from the people that brought you the downfall of Valiant with their Bad Ideas.

JCP
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

slack wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:32:16 am Dino asked us to go "all in" on bad idea.

I went "all in"

First thing they did is release a very limited promo item, to make sure that not ALL of their "all in" customers can get one... Thus breaking the "all in" that they asked us for, and we signed up for.

This caused them to lose customers before they actually sold a copy of their first officially released book. Another stupid idea from the people that brought you the downfall of Valiant with their Bad Ideas.
You CAN get one if you’re willing to spend the money. And, you’ve been assured you can read the story in Eniac 3. So you CAN gin”all in.” Is it disappointing how much the book has been going for at first on eBay? Sure. But, they have already started to drop somewhat. Simply put, it’s a promo item. But, perhaps wait until Bad Idea releases a book before cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

slack wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:32:16 amAnother stupid idea from the people that brought you the downfall of Valiant with their Bad Ideas.
K

I have serious issues with this sentence. IF YOU think Dinesh and Warren brought the downfall of Valiant? then you are so misguided and allowing this "Hero Trade" promo item to really get to you. Since 2012 when the "Summer of Valiant" kicked off we were "Blessed" to read real stories involving characters not in print for nearly 13 years. Mistakes were made (like in everything) catering stories to an audience was one of them. Things work, some don't, that's just life.

Valiant and the current team in place & I mean the team up top have caused the quality and current downfall of Valiant to happen. One of the most glaring aspects of this was "Pencils down" from Mintz when the Pandemic shut down everything. Now no product is ready too be shipped and who suffers because of that? We do.

I'm trying not to throw stones at you and the Dumb "declaration" you graced us with...

I just cant

Your wrong

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

slack

Post by slack »

The hurry to make movies led to the early partnership with DMG, and it was because of the movie that Valiant was able to be taken over by DMG. Things have been getting worse since the takeover. Therefore, I submit that those involved in hurrying into hollywood faster than they could afford to, basically caused what's happened to Valiant.

betterthanezra
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

slack wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:31:04 pm The hurry to make movies led to the early partnership with DMG, and it was because of the movie that Valiant was able to be taken over by DMG. Things have been getting worse since the takeover. Therefore, I submit that those involved in hurrying into hollywood faster than they could afford to, basically caused what's happened to Valiant.
It wasn't Dinesh who made the decision to take DMG money. VEI has a Board of directors, it was a move made by the collective not one individual.

You and I don't know who voted to NOT take the DMG money I'm sure it wasn't a unanimous YES vote.

Especially considering the clauses in the move when taking the DMG investment.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

IMJ wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:35:17 am
aj583 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:29:52 pm I couldn’t get Pearl Jam’s special edition Animal CD when it came out in Seattle in 1994. I had to get the normal CD version. I didn’t boycott Pearl Jam nor did I ask Eddie to give me a copy because it was just not fair.
I'll bite. What mysterious special edition of "Animal" are you talking about here? :hm:
Maybe the digipak edition where the album was still called 5 Against One rather than the jewel case edition called "Vs"? Took me long time to finally land a digipak edition. I remember for a while the Slipcover from Filter's Short Bus was a tough find. On that note Filter's newest song is the best thing I've heard from them since Short Bus.....

But on that note, back to Bad Idea. :)
Awesome tangent on this tread! Love the Seattle knowledge here. [mention]IMJ [/mention] , yes, this may be the one. Misstated it as Animal as it was a VS special edition. It was packaged different with bonus materials to my recollection. I remember the Tower in the u-district was suppose to have it upon release, but they only had the vs jewel pack version when I went that first day.

[mention]nycjadie [/mention] awesome. You were part of the scene! It was a great era for music in Seattle back in those days. Miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

slack wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:31:04 pm The hurry to make movies led to the early partnership with DMG, and it was because of the movie that Valiant was able to be taken over by DMG. Things have been getting worse since the takeover. Therefore, I submit that those involved in hurrying into hollywood faster than they could afford to, basically caused what's happened to Valiant.
DMG invested as a minority shareholder with minimal rights then proceeded to misrepresent their position in the press as being brought in to help with Hollywood. Hilariously, behind the scenes, they were constantly asking me to introduce them to people in Hollywood. The change in control happened because DMG wanted to push us into movies faster and wanted to run that part of Valiant (they needed our announcements to keep their stock price up in China). I had enough controls with my shares to keep them away myself. They started buying up all the other minor shareholders and got to a place where I could only keep them in check by working with the other major shareholder. Then they convinced that shareholder to cash out. Valiant's fate was sealed almost 20 years ago when Hollywood so thoroughly crushed the dreams of this young director:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303633/?r ... mg_dr_2%20
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233481/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3

slack

Post by slack »

Sorry I speculated incorrectly. Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure lots of people would like to know more about those days. Please write a book about your experience with Valiant from childhood to Bloodshot movie... I'll definitely buy it.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

*ahem*

DOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Seemed this needed to be said.

Anyway, the 90s were cool.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

dino wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:50:57 pm
DMG invested as a minority shareholder with minimal rights then proceeded to misrepresent their position in the press as being brought in to help with Hollywood. Hilariously, behind the scenes, they were constantly asking me to introduce them to people in Hollywood. The change in control happened because DMG wanted to push us into movies faster and wanted to run that part of Valiant (they needed our announcements to keep their stock price up in China). I had enough controls with my shares to keep them away myself. They started buying up all the other minor shareholders and got to a place where I could only keep them in check by working with the other major shareholder. Then they convinced that shareholder to cash out. Valiant's fate was sealed almost 20 years ago when Hollywood so thoroughly crushed the dreams of this young director:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303633/?r ... mg_dr_2%20
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233481/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_3
That's a SHORT SHORT version, some day... :)
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Passed 1,000,000,000 this morning! :banana: :banana: