Super Mario Bros Random House variant and other Nintendo books.

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Super Mario Bros Random House variant and other Nintendo books.

Post by bobby97801 »

Hi everyone,
I have some Nintendo books including the rare Random House issue and was wondering what kind of value they have. I was thinking about selling them. I'm trying to cut down my collection and figured I'd start with them. I have 25 Nintendo and 6 WWF.

Thanks for your help

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: Super Mario Bros Random House variant and other Nintendo books.

Post by nycjadie »

I haven't religiously collected these things, but I think video game memorabilia has been on an upswing. I might be interested in some of them. I'd love to have a full set with the variants at some point.

I bought a Random House book in January for $45, but if it's higher grade or sealed, then it would be worth more.

bobby97801
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

nycjadie wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:12:44 pm I haven't religiously collected these things, but I think video game memorabilia has been on an upswing. I might be interested in some of them. I'd love to have a full set with the variants at some point.

I bought a Random House book in January for $45, but if it's higher grade or sealed, then it would be worth more.
Thanks Steve :thumb:

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

If the random house book is sealed then it should go for $300-400.

If it is unsealed and in good shape you should get it graded.

The sneak peek book is worth some decent coin.

All the other Nintendo books are likely $5 books if raw.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

magnus20009 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:34:50 pm All the other Nintendo books are likely $5 books if raw.
Collectors aren't very knowledgeable about these books, but they generally understand "first issues", so the behavior that I have seen is that popular characters (Mario, Link/Zelda) with a #1 on the cover often sell for $10 to $25.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:07:12 am
magnus20009 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:34:50 pm All the other Nintendo books are likely $5 books if raw.
Collectors aren't very knowledgeable about these books, but they generally understand "first issues", so the behavior that I have seen is that popular characters (Mario, Link/Zelda) with a #1 on the cover often sell for $10 to $25.
That's very true. And when I see these at shows, they are stupidly inflated. $20-30 for common issues. A few years ago, a huge glut of overstock was released for these books. Not just hundreds of books, but thousands and thousands. The prices have rebounded some, but they just aren't what they once were. Some issues are more rare than others. I feel like Brian and Dan probably have a good idea of what these are and what they sell for better than any.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I'm activily buying the Nintendo books right now and would be VERY intrested in anything you have

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

nycjadie wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:31:31 am
That's very true. And when I see these at shows, they are stupidly inflated. $20-30 for common issues. A few years ago, a huge glut of overstock was released for these books. Not just hundreds of books, but thousands and thousands. The prices have rebounded some, but they just aren't what they once were. Some issues are more rare than others. I feel like Brian and Dan probably have a good idea of what these are and what they sell for better than any.
I'm just finishing a Nintendo Complete Checklist with all images of every cover and Grading data included for each issue. Some issues are Hard to find in good condition let alone in NM/NM+ the CGC census numbers absolutely back that up.

The checklist will also have a top 10 for rarity but not right away i'm still collecting data on it.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

betterthanezra wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:36:14 am
nycjadie wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:31:31 am
I'm just finishing a Nintendo Complete Checklist with all images of every cover and Grading data included for each issue. Some issues are Hard to find in good condition let alone in NM/NM+ the CGC census numbers absolutely back that up.

The checklist will also have a top 10 for rarity but not right away i'm still collecting data on it.

-Brian
:thumb:

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

betterthanezra wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:36:14 am I'm just finishing a Nintendo Complete Checklist with all images of every cover and Grading data included for each issue. Some issues are Hard to find in good condition let alone in NM/NM+ the CGC census numbers absolutely back that up.

-Brian
I absolutely love the Nintendo books.

Is it that they are hard to find in high grade or just nobody cares to slab? I have 29 of the Nintendo issues in CGC 9.8 and my raw collection is in pretty decent shape too.

The registry set almost has an accurate list of the Nintendo books except they list Super Mario 1991 #2 twice and have Nintendo comics Presents #2 as having an alternative cover but the really mean the TPB alt cover. It is much better than the registry used to be as I really worked with them on it