Legends of the Geomancer custom binding?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Nameless7
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Legends of the Geomancer custom binding?

Post by Nameless7 »

Just wondering is anyone has done a custom binding of the Legend of the Geomancer books. I usually share my Deluxe hardcovers with friends/family and I just started thinking that for this part of the story a custom bind might be best. the singles would likely not be treated very well in the end so something more sturdy might be best?

Anyone done it, if so, how did you arrange it? story only. bonus meterials at the end? or in the order of the issues?

Thanks for the ideas.

Jrosen
Re: Legends of the Geomancer custom binding?

Post by Jrosen »

I bound Legends of the Geomancer as part of my 7th VEI volume. I thought of consolidating the extra "trade" materials at the end of the four book set, but I thought that it read better aligned with each individual book. I think if the material was more generic, like the extra material in Britannia, I would have put the material together, but, since they were tied to the book, I kept them in place. I'm going to do the same thing with the pre-order editions, when I get around to binding them, but I'll move the extra material to the end of each book.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

In case of Legends I would keep everything in place.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

Are you going to include anything else in your bind? Those four floppies were really thing, and you may not get the "deluxe" feel you are looking for with just those books. Maybe add the full Book of Death to the bind to make it a little more substantial?

Nameless7
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior

Post by Nameless7 »

I am not sure if I will bind anything else. Basically I am lending out my Deluxe and TPBs to friends/family and I am trying to figure out what to give them once they reach the book of death stuff being that everything else is in a trade and/or deluxe.

I guess I don't know that I want to duplicate stuff that is already in some other collection format.

Thanks for the replies!

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

It's such a wonderful but also dramatic story I wouldn't add anything else either.

The only thing that would make sense is the first EW series because it features the Houses and the Nergal.

They should have never retconned the concept of the Houses (and further ignored the Sect stuff).