Why do I get the feeling…

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: greg, Daniel Jackson

Post Reply
User avatar
kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Posts: 4940
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52:13 pm
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Location: Astoria, NY
Contact:
Why do I get the feeling…

Post by kjjohanson »

…that a certain HTF TPB is about to skyrocket in price…
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

User avatar
magnus20009
5318008
5318008
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:52:22 pm
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by magnus20009 »

:?

TPB? Skyrocket in price?

Harbinger 2nd print?

User avatar
magnus20009
5318008
5318008
Posts: 538
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:52:22 pm
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by magnus20009 »

magnus20009 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:05:46 am
:?

TPB? Skyrocket in price?

Harbinger 2nd print?

I can’t think of any Valiant TPB from Nintendo to VH1 to Acclaim to present day Valiant that is HTF. Some HCs yet but TPB?

User avatar
DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Posts: 4997
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:27:03 am
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Location: Maryland
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Interesting feeling, but what is the source of the feeling?

Also what TPB do you suspect?

User avatar
michalward
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59:39 pm
Location: new york, ny
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by michalward »

HTF TPB always brings to mind Magnus/Predator...

User avatar
geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Posts: 4245
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:07:56 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
Location: Woods of Southeastern NC
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by geocarr »

Huh? :?
***Support your local farmers!***

User avatar
kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Posts: 4940
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:52:13 pm
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Location: Astoria, NY
Contact:
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by kjjohanson »

michalward wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45:23 pm
HTF TPB always brings to mind Magnus/Predator...
Precisely. And with Marvel announcing that they'll be producing Aliens and Predator series, some Predator books have already taken off. First appearance, naturally, but also the Batman/Predator crossover has seen some really good results recently. There are only a few of the Magnus/Predator trades on eBay (one less now, since I arranged a purchase with ckb). I don't know if there are any Predator completists out there – the Magnus TPB always seemed to be more a Valiant thing – but demand for that could heat up.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

User avatar
greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Posts: 22344
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:39:27 am
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Location: Indoors
Contact:
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by greg »

kjjohanson wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:38:55 am
michalward wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:45:23 pm
HTF TPB always brings to mind Magnus/Predator...
Precisely. And with Marvel announcing that they'll be producing Aliens and Predator series, some Predator books have already taken off. First appearance, naturally, but also the Batman/Predator crossover has seen some really good results recently. There are only a few of the Magnus/Predator trades on eBay (one less now, since I arranged a purchase with ckb). I don't know if there are any Predator completists out there – the Magnus TPB always seemed to be more a Valiant thing – but demand for that could heat up.
I think Dark Horse has always been an "outsider" to the valuable comics speculation parties. Apart from Next Men #21 (or some other limited Hellboy book), I couldn't have named a big Dark Horse book. 1st Aliens, maybe. However, Dark Horse has been recently "invited" to the big dance of valuable comics, since Dark Horse published the first appearance of Ashoka Tano.

Image

Combine that Dark Horse hot Disney/Star Wars book with Disney/Marvel getting Aliens and Predator, and suddenly Dark Horse looks like a forgotten gold mine that may have lots of nuggets left. I think it's about time. There are some really awesome Dark Horse books that never got any respect. :thumb:

User avatar
betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Posts: 12224
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:18:28 am
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Location: Scoot over, I have to get in behind you.
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by betterthanezra »

Tank Girl has always had a following and that first mini series always sold for pretty coin. At least for me it has. We all know the movie bombed but it has been a solid seller many many years now.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
Sunlight on Snow
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 1:11:03 pm
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?

User avatar
BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Posts: 9525
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:47:04 pm
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Location: Central CT
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by BugsySig »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?
Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker’s padawan during the Clone Wars. She appeared originally and primarily in the Clone Wars tv series, as well as some appearances in Star Wars: Rebels, and is rumored/assumed to be appearing for the first time in live action in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The voice actor who played her is one of the voices of past Jedi who can be heard at the end of Rise of Skywalker speaking to Rey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t
Image

User avatar
Sunlight on Snow
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 1:11:03 pm
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

BugsySig wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16:13 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?
Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker’s padawan during the Clone Wars. She appeared originally and primarily in the Clone Wars tv series, as well as some appearances in Star Wars: Rebels, and is rumored/assumed to be appearing for the first time in live action in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The voice actor who played her is one of the voices of past Jedi who can be heard at the end of Rise of Skywalker speaking to Rey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, thanks, I only watched a couple of movies; not even all of them.

User avatar
The Chosen 1
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43:20 pm
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by The Chosen 1 »

BugsySig wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16:13 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?
Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker’s padawan during the Clone Wars. She appeared originally and primarily in the Clone Wars tv series, as well as some appearances in Star Wars: Rebels, and is rumored/assumed to be appearing for the first time in live action in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The voice actor who played her is one of the voices of past Jedi who can be heard at the end of Rise of Skywalker speaking to Rey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rosario Dawson has been cast to play Ahsoka in the Mandalorian. I'm excited to see her play the character and see her played in a live onscreen version.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/rosar ... 202219409/
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

User avatar
Sunlight on Snow
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 1:11:03 pm
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

The Chosen 1 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:05:26 pm
BugsySig wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16:13 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?
Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker’s padawan during the Clone Wars. She appeared originally and primarily in the Clone Wars tv series, as well as some appearances in Star Wars: Rebels, and is rumored/assumed to be appearing for the first time in live action in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The voice actor who played her is one of the voices of past Jedi who can be heard at the end of Rise of Skywalker speaking to Rey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rosario Dawson has been cast to play Ahsoka in the Mandalorian. I'm excited to see her play the character and see her played in a live onscreen version.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/rosar ... 202219409/
The Night Nurse....now they have my attention!

Oxmyx
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53:37 pm
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Location: Greensboro, NC, USA
Re: Why do I get the feeling…

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:59:12 am
The Chosen 1 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:05:26 pm
BugsySig wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:16:13 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote:Who the heck is Ashoka Tano?
Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker’s padawan during the Clone Wars. She appeared originally and primarily in the Clone Wars tv series, as well as some appearances in Star Wars: Rebels, and is rumored/assumed to be appearing for the first time in live action in season 2 of The Mandalorian. The voice actor who played her is one of the voices of past Jedi who can be heard at the end of Rise of Skywalker speaking to Rey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rosario Dawson has been cast to play Ahsoka in the Mandalorian. I'm excited to see her play the character and see her played in a live onscreen version.

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/rosar ... 202219409/
The Night Nurse....now they have my attention!
Mine too! Alexander's barbarian wife in 'Wars! Too bad I'm otherwise disinterested in the Mandalorian
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?


Post Reply