XO and Savage cancelled??

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: XO and Savage cancelled??

Post by Chiclo »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:17:43 pm http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/list ... 05-06-2020

WOW! I did expect further delays and it's okay to wait for Diamond and be cautious but that's almost bold.

Letting us wait months for the #Hopeless guy not just once but twice. WTF!

How can I cancel my PRE-ORDER of X-O Manowar?
Dinesh forgive us, your children have lost their way.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Chiclo wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:09:43 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:17:43 pm http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/list ... 05-06-2020

WOW! I did expect further delays and it's okay to wait for Diamond and be cautious but that's almost bold.

Letting us wait months for the #Hopeless guy not just once but twice. WTF!

How can I cancel my PRE-ORDER of X-O Manowar?
Dinesh forgive us, your children have lost their way.
It'll be the very first VEI title I won't be following. It's almost heart-breaking but it's about time.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Some of those books look really old, but it’s a bit of a disappointment that Savage was cut.

It also looks like things are being delayed by 4 months in some cases.

Last night I was at the grocery staring at the magazines near the register, wondering how all these *SQUEE* could figure it out...

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

What the *SQUEE* is up with that forecast? Some titles cancelled, only a couple of titles cited for publication, most hanging in the wind... and Psi Lords potentially back from the dead?

Wth is going on here?
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Sunlight on Snow

Shadowman99 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:45:06 am and Psi Lords potentially back from the dead?
Wait! What?!

The Pre-Order Bundle was meant to consist of 12 issues but the series was canceled after 8 issues. That's just ComicList.com's list of unpublished Valiant comics. They simply didn't get the memo about the cancellation. Anyhow, I'd be up for more Psi-Lords. I thought it was hilarious....in a C-movie kinda way.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Not cancelled...here’s the updated solicits:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/valiant ... till-2021/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

BugsySig wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:19:51 am Not cancelled...here’s the updated solicits:

Final Witness re-scheduled until next year?! That was the only book that sounded vaguely interesting to me.

Shame they’re ploughing ahead with the car crashes that are Bloodshot, XO and Savage.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
BugsySig wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:19:51 am Not cancelled...here’s the updated solicits:

Final Witness re-scheduled until next year?! That was the only book that sounded vaguely interesting to me.

Shame they’re ploughing ahead with the car crashes that are Bloodshot, XO and Savage.
While I agree bloodshot is a mess and XO #1 suggests it is/will be, its not really fair to declare that just off the solicits for Savage. It doesn’t look promising, but people also bashed FVLs A&A previews back in 2012 and that turned out pretty well.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

BugsySig wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:58:00 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

While I agree bloodshot is a mess and XO #1 suggests it is/will be, its not really fair to declare that just off the solicits for Savage. It doesn’t look promising, but people also bashed FVLs A&A previews back in 2012 and that turned out pretty well.

Fair point on the Savage thing, but Acclaim 2.0’s Traci record is painfully bad and the solicit doesn’t sound good but who knows, time will tell. I won’t be ordering it, I’ll wait for the reviews.

Hard pass on the FVL, I’m not a fan of his writing.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Fair point on the Savage thing, but Acclaim 2.0’s Traci record is painfully bad and the solicit doesn’t sound good but who knows, time will tell. I won’t be ordering it, I’ll wait for the reviews.

Not everyone enjoyed his A&A run but I loved it and it’s semi-continuation in Ivan, Timewalker. None of his other VEI work was particularly good.

Back to Savage, I’m in the same mindset, but could have said the same thing about Dr. Tomorrow and that has turned out to be pretty good so far.

On the other hand, I was intrigued by The Visitor and that has stunk. Hoping Final Witness lives up to the similar interest it has stirred and isn’t a repeat disappointment.

Not crazy about anything I’m seeing in the upcoming Shadowman, though. What a waste of a great character—and that goes for VEI too.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

BugsySig wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:49:16 am
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Not everyone enjoyed his A&A run but I loved it and it’s semi-continuation in Ivan, Timewalker. None of his other VEI work was particularly good.

Back to Savage, I’m in the same mindset, but could have said the same thing about Dr. Tomorrow and that has turned out to be pretty good so far.

On the other hand, I was intrigued by The Visitor and that has stunk. Hoping Final Witness lives up to the similar interest it has stirred and isn’t a repeat disappointment.

Not crazy about anything I’m seeing in the upcoming Shadowman, though. What a waste of a great character—and that goes for VEI too.

Dr Tomorrow is a book I definitely wouldn’t pick up if it didn’t have the Valiant logo.

Agree on Shadowman since 2012 re-launch, consistent misfires but then again magic is not really my thing. If they did Vertigo/adult style stuff then that might work.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

They tried going more vertigo style and only *SQUEE* up the character even more.

Sunlight on Snow

Wow, so they postponed a series to 2021 that had almost been ready and released on April 29.

And they didn't even re-solicit it. It's still got the same diamond code from FEB '20.

Meaning who pre-ordered the bundle, actually signed up for a series to be released in 12 months (from FEB '20).

:rant:

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

I'm really hoping despite everything that Shadowman is good. I really want good Shadowman stories. I'm going to stay positive about what's coming until proven wrong.
***Support your local farmers!***

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

I just read the interview with Hopless, and now that’s what I am. What a disappointing interview. He talks about not discarding what came before while doing something new...and then he does exactly the opposite? Stranger in new land/time? They did that. Looking to the armor to tell him about the world? They did that. New cast that has To force him To adjust? They did that. Not disregarding previous continuity? His wife and people are ignored? He doesn’t even check on them? The governments of the world just let him come back with out a word? Even though Capshaw called him over to protect his people because it was the end of the world in Psi-Lords?! This is a horrible interview. Based on all of this they built several arcs? I foresee a early cancellation in the future of this series.

sonicdan
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa

Post by sonicdan »

Chiclo wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:55:39 am
Hotwire wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:27:57 pm X-O Manowar crappy and being canceled?

Hahahahahaha!!!

Not surprised at all. What a loser!
Have you been playing the long game all along?
I think he has. Well played, Hotwire. :lol:
Sonicdan's Comics and Original Art: http://www.sonicdan.com
My eBay Store (Comics, Art, Collectibles) https://www.ebay.com/str/sonicdanscomicsart

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:

Yeah but Dinesh was in charging making sure it was good. No such luck now.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Ramses818 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 8:43:59 pm I just read the interview with Hopless, and now that’s what I am. What a disappointing interview. He talks about not discarding what came before while doing something new...and then he does exactly the opposite? Stranger in new land/time? They did that. Looking to the armor to tell him about the world? They did that. New cast that has To force him To adjust? They did that. Not disregarding previous continuity? His wife and people are ignored? He doesn’t even check on them? The governments of the world just let him come back with out a word? Even though Capshaw called him over to protect his people because it was the end of the world in Psi-Lords?! This is a horrible interview. Based on all of this they built several arcs? I foresee a early cancellation in the future of this series.
Ramses gets it! :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;