Newly promoted senior editors...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Newly promoted senior editors...

Post by lorddunlow »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
geocarr wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01:00 pm
darkwingdan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33:00 pm
To be fair, half of America's population are p.o.s.'s.
Well that was a he!! of a first post ...
Joined the board five days ago. I wonder what his other board name is...
I only care if they're Canadian...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

lorddunlow wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19:35 pm
Blood of Heroes wrote:
geocarr wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01:00 pm
darkwingdan wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33:00 pm
To be fair, half of America's population are p.o.s.'s.
Well that was a he!! of a first post ...
Joined the board five days ago. I wonder what his other board name is...
I only care if they're Canadian...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
If he were canadian, wouldn't he think all Americans were pieces of *SQUEE*?

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

Pn
V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

GammaJosh wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36:37 am
Ramses818 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:53:14 pm Well I posted back in March because we have seen it enough times already. Why the games? We have been the most hardcore dedicated fans...why not just say what is what. I mean I put in writing because I didn't want people thinking I was making this up after the fact. Sorry, just angers me that they do this crap to us.
People essentially calling Heather a p.o.s. all along was probably not the best move if we want direct, honest communication. I don't expect she'll be jumping to give anyone here the scoop on anything behind the scenes, now that she's in charge and so many people have enthusiastically denounced her (for things she didn't even do in some cases). I wish her and Lysa the best and hope we will get more stuff along the lines of Rai which has been excellent.
We did keep it above the belt, so to speak. Criticisms were focused on her job performance as an editor and her social media posts. The quality of the output has suffered since she came onboard the company and anything that has her name attached to it has been lacklustre at best. I know that her harshest critic on the boards, DallowSpicer1, would certainly not wish her any personal ills, only that she not work at Valiant anymore and be replaced by people that will produce a better quality product. From the time she was hired, we hoped for the best and wished her success in the job.

I suppose the good news is, since she has now been promoted, the next step is away from the company. She'll probably be gone in fewer than 12 months, just like the last two.

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Chiclo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21:13 pm
Ramses818 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:53:14 pm Well I posted back in March because we have seen it enough times already. Why the games? We have been the most hardcore dedicated fans...why not just say what is what. I mean I put in writing because I didn't want people thinking I was making this up after the fact. Sorry, just angers me that they do this crap to us.
People essentially calling Heather a p.o.s. all along was probably not the best move if we want direct, honest communication. I don't expect she'll be jumping to give anyone here the scoop on anything behind the scenes, now that she's in charge and so many people have enthusiastically denounced her (for things she didn't even do in some cases). I wish her and Lysa the best and hope we will get more stuff along the lines of Rai which has been excellent.
We did keep it above the belt, so to speak. Criticisms were focused on her job performance as an editor and her social media posts. The quality of the output has suffered since she came onboard the company and anything that has her name attached to it has been lacklustre at best. I know that her harshest critic on the boards, DallowSpicer1, would certainly not wish her any personal ills, only that she not work at Valiant anymore and be replaced by people that will produce a better quality product. From the time she was hired, we hoped for the best and wished her success in the job.

I suppose the good news is, since she has now been promoted, the next step is away from the company. She'll probably be gone in fewer than 12 months, just like the last two.
After the rain there’s always a rainbow

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Chiclo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21:13 pm

Exactly this! I don’t dislike her as a person, she’s probably fine in person. I dislike how her politics bleed into her professional work at Valiant and the choices she makes as a result. When (as Chiclo said) she moves on from Valiant to her ‘next big thing’ then maybe we’ll start getting books worth reading again (IF Valiant survives the Acclaim 2.0 era).

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

To he clear at no point have I ever said that. I have never spoken to her. I wasn't even directing this post at her. I was complaining that Valiant has stated that people are still working there when they know damn well they are on their way out the door. So yes "technically" it is not a lie, but it is lying. I have spoken out about Valiant employees telling people they shouldn't be fans and should be embarrassed because they (the fans) say quality has declined. You cancel series based on low sales while telling fans if you don't like it don't buy our books. I allow everyone to have a say, but since I do not put people down or do any name calling I think I am perfectly in the right to request the same. I have given people chances and I have complimented them when the work is good or they have done something that deserves to mentioned. I have spoken about how nice and personable they have been when I met them. I give credit where it's due, but I will also call out the bad behavior. It is a public company, based on entertainment. Most companies acknowledge you are a representative when you are a public figure..it is literally part of the job when you give interviews for the company! If any of Valiant wants to keep pushing the fans away, while giving lip service to the media that the fans are the most important thing then they deserve what ever blowback they get for being disingenuous.