First Valiant Comic Sells for $2,300

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: First Valiant Comic Sells for $2,300

Post by greg »

magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:16:47 pm
greg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34:49 am
magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26:24 am One year later a second copy of the book sold for $3,200. Does this make the Nintendo Sneak Preview the most expensive Valiant book or is that still the Bloodshot Platinum error?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Comic ... 7675.l2557
Do you mean most expensive Valiant book of all time? There have been two sales of CGC 9.8 Bloodshot #0 Platinum over $5,000.
I'm guessing there are some other unique Valiant books that are also higher, but they aren't exactly "collectable" for fans when only one exists.
I mean book that would be worth the most right now? Would a Bloodshot Platinum in CGC 9.8 sell for more or less than this? (It's last 3 recorded sales in the price guide are less than this - but I do know its all-time record was $5,500). Long run I think Nintendo will prove more popular than Bloodshot (although I would love to buy a Bloodshot Platinum 1 in CGC 9.8 if anyone is selling :poke: )

I suppose the 2 different 1/1 books (Bloodshot Salvation #12 Lewis Larosa cover with Vin Diesel as Bloodshot and Quantum and Woody (2017) 1 2nd Print) could be worth more (although the Q&W has sold twice both times for less than $3,200 I believe) but it is hard to think of a 1/1 manufactured book as being collectable when there is only a single copy. (Suppose you could consider the 4 Golden ticket books 1/1 since the UPC was different on each of them).
Right. It's exciting that the Nintendo books are gaining popularity, but let's be honest... it has nothing to do with Valiant.
Even if the Nintendo Comics System Sneak Peak was $10,000, I'd still say it's the highest valued comic published by Valiant, but not the highest valued "Valiant Comic", if that makes any sense.

I guess I'm talking about the Valiant Universe as something separate from the Valiant fundraising licensed books.
Arguably, they should have always been worth more. The fanbase was always much, much larger than Valiant. They just weren't looking for comics.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52:23 pm
magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:16:47 pm
greg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:34:49 am
magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:26:24 am One year later a second copy of the book sold for $3,200. Does this make the Nintendo Sneak Preview the most expensive Valiant book or is that still the Bloodshot Platinum error?

Do you mean most expensive Valiant book of all time? There have been two sales of CGC 9.8 Bloodshot #0 Platinum over $5,000.
I'm guessing there are some other unique Valiant books that are also higher, but they aren't exactly "collectable" for fans when only one exists.
I mean book that would be worth the most right now? Would a Bloodshot Platinum in CGC 9.8 sell for more or less than this? (It's last 3 recorded sales in the price guide are less than this - but I do know its all-time record was $5,500). Long run I think Nintendo will prove more popular than Bloodshot (although I would love to buy a Bloodshot Platinum 1 in CGC 9.8 if anyone is selling :poke: )

I suppose the 2 different 1/1 books (Bloodshot Salvation #12 Lewis Larosa cover with Vin Diesel as Bloodshot and Quantum and Woody (2017) 1 2nd Print) could be worth more (although the Q&W has sold twice both times for less than $3,200 I believe) but it is hard to think of a 1/1 manufactured book as being collectable when there is only a single copy. (Suppose you could consider the 4 Golden ticket books 1/1 since the UPC was different on each of them).
Right. It's exciting that the Nintendo books are gaining popularity, but let's be honest... it has nothing to do with Valiant.
Even if the Nintendo Comics System Sneak Peak was $10,000, I'd still say it's the highest valued comic published by Valiant, but not the highest valued "Valiant Comic", if that makes any sense.

I guess I'm talking about the Valiant Universe as something separate from the Valiant fundraising licensed books.
Arguably, they should have always been worth more. The fanbase was always much, much larger than Valiant. They just weren't looking for comics.
+1000

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

I get your point that it has nothing to do the Valiant Universe that we all know and love. However I think the Nintendo /WWF books are great too. They are at the start of Valiant and helped get the company off the ground. They had the same creators working on them and the same Valiant coloring process. In my mind I consider them Valiant books, just not part of the main Universe. A poor parallel would be New Universe or Epic or Max at Marvel I suppose.

I actually do not like that the Nintendo books are getting so popular as I am only a little more than half done my CGC 9.8 project and they are getting pricey now. 3 different Captain N the Game Master 9.8's sold for $400ish each last week. I needed a couple of them buy I was out waaaaay before that level.

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40:58 pm I get your point that it has nothing to do the Valiant Universe that we all know and love. However I think the Nintendo /WWF books are great too. They are at the start of Valiant and helped get the company off the ground. They had the same creators working on them and the same Valiant coloring process. In my mind I consider them Valiant books, just not part of the main Universe. A poor parallel would be New Universe or Epic or Max at Marvel I suppose.

I actually do not like that the Nintendo books are getting so popular as I am only a little more than half done my CGC 9.8 project and they are getting pricey now. 3 different Captain N the Game Master 9.8's sold for $400ish each last week. I needed a couple of them buy I was out waaaaay before that level.
They have always been too rich for my blood, and boy, now I regret not jumping on those past opportunities!

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

nycjadie wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02:11 pm
magnus20009 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:40:58 pm I get your point that it has nothing to do the Valiant Universe that we all know and love. However I think the Nintendo /WWF books are great too. They are at the start of Valiant and helped get the company off the ground. They had the same creators working on them and the same Valiant coloring process. In my mind I consider them Valiant books, just not part of the main Universe. A poor parallel would be New Universe or Epic or Max at Marvel I suppose.

They have always been too rich for my blood, and boy, now I regret not jumping on those past opportunities!
Might be time to put my collection in my eBay store at my "I don't really want to sell these but if you are willing to pay this I guess I will have to get over it" prices.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I can officially say I was one person who bought the Captain N #5 9.8 yep I paid a lot for it

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FlipMega
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: Ninjak vol. 1 #23
Favorite title: Harbinger, Imperium, Divinity
Favorite artist: Hairsine, Suayan, LaRosa

Post by FlipMega »

definitely a grail book for me. guess i need to be more diligent than relying on ebay noties, i missed this one even being up.

how are you seeing the final price? the two methods i had always known/used no longer function. email the seller?

thanks for the insight

betterthanezra
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

FlipMega wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:19:34 pm

definitely a grail book for me. guess i need to be more diligent than relying on ebay noties, i missed this one even being up.

how are you seeing the final price? the two methods i had always known/used no longer function. email the seller?

thanks for the insight
GPA has access to that info and I was able to get it from there on that sale
Very impressive

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;