Deepest Thanks to TheeBaldMoose

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Not_Bloodshot
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: The Goat
Favorite writer: David Micheline
Favorite artist: Davis
Deepest Thanks to TheeBaldMoose

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

I just wanted to thank TheeBaldMoose for agreeing to part with the one of a kind Bloodshot Salvation #12 Vin Diesel LaRossa Book.

I know it was hard to part with and how much it meant to you. It is now locked down next to the rest of my Bloodshot prized books.

I can't stop looking at it. I know you mentioned a little bit of the back story for the book, but for those looking for the whole story of how this book came to be, here is an article from MovieWeb:

https://movieweb.com/bloodshot-movie-vi ... mic-cover/

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: Deepest Thanks to TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Good bye, old friend...

weird feeling, selling this book. Felt like I was sending a kid to college, one that I knew wouldn't be coming back.

Bottom line, this book belongs to a fan, a collector, and someone who will hold onto this book for a very long time!

He's told me a few ideas he has with it (display wise), and I am very excited to see them!
Moose

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Jrosen »

I saw the Facebook post. Glad that it is going to someone on the boards. It's a cool piece.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

:o TBM... I can’t believe you parted with it.... must have been tough. But, I think it couldn’t have found a better home. Congrats Not-Bloodshot!

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Not_Bloodshot only has 20 posts, joined a year ago, and has the persuasive powers to talk TBM out of a one-of-a-kind Bloodshot book.

So, who could Not_Bloodshot be in real life?

Our only clue is that it's "not Bloodshot", so I think it probably IS Bloodshot! Welcome, Vin Diesel!

(Why does your profile say you're from Louisiana?)

:D

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:23:24 pm Not_Bloodshot only has 20 posts, joined a year ago, and has the persuasive powers to talk TBM out of a one-of-a-kind Bloodshot book.

Our only clue is that it's "not Bloodshot", so I think it probably IS Bloodshot! Welcome, Vin Diesel!

And his favorite character is the Goat? I hope this book found its home.

greg

Post by greg »

nycjadie wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:27:56 pm
greg wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:23:24 pm Not_Bloodshot only has 20 posts, joined a year ago, and has the persuasive powers to talk TBM out of a one-of-a-kind Bloodshot book.

Yeah, the Goat comment confused me for a minute, but maybe he means the GOAT (Greatest-Of-All-Time), which could be Bloodshot, in his mind.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

greg wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:37:11 pm

Yeah, the Goat comment confused me for a minute, but maybe he means the GOAT (Greatest-Of-All-Time), which could be Bloodshot, in his mind.
It's all a distraction. Vin Diesel is crafty.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Juki wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:32:38 pm :o TBM... I can’t believe you parted with it.... must have been tough. But, I think it couldn’t have found a better home. Congrats Not-Bloodshot!
Thanks Juki!

To All, Juki lives about an hour from me. We have shared some stories and tips.

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Greg,

I'm super busy man! I have been a board stalker for years and have a LARGE Valiant Collection. I have at least two complete sets of the 90's books. (One set reader grade and the other pristine, but both raw.)

I have a lot of key Bloodshot books and art including two Platinum 0's. (I am working on a third...) I also have the original artwork for the First and Last Pages of Bloodshot #1, including the concept sketch for Page 1. I have four copies of Bloodshot Salvation #1 Brushed Metal. (2 RAW, 1 CGC 9.8, 1 CGC SS 9.8) I also have, and this is admittedly INSANE, 8 copies of the new Bloodshot #1 Carbon Fiber version. (2 CGC 9.6 with Valiant Label, 5 CGC 9.8 with Valiant Label, and 1 CGC 9.9 SS) I also have many other Bloodshot key books.

Aside from Bloodshot I also have a copy of Shadowman 13 First Appearance of Punk Mambo (CGC 9.8) along with the original Shane Davis Cover Artwork. At least two copies of all of the other Metal and Glass Books, two or three of the Quantum and Woody Most Variant Books, and just so many other things...

To the dismay of my financial controller, I virtually never sell any of my Valiant stuff. At the moment, the only Valiant things that I have listed for sale are the two CGC 9.6 Carbon Fiber Books. I only did that because I looked at my collection and thought... I MIGHT have an issue.

It really started with me just trying to support the comic shops in Baton Rouge and New Orleans by buying up a lot of their Valiant stuff and trying to get some kind of awareness happening with the owners so they may try to talk about Valiant again with their other customers like they used to in the 90's when I was a kid and couldn't afford it.

I talked to Juki a bit and told him about this one shop in Metairie (Right outside of New Orleans) where the owner buys lots of good stuff. He had a custom cover made for Punk Mambo and had the artist doodle on a bunch of them. I think I bought 5 copies or something from him of the different ones he had made. I'm not sure if Juki ever made it there, but the owner told me he has some great relationships at Valiant and can get me pretty much anything I would be interested in.

I have met two other guys in Louisiana that are big Valiant guys. One great guy that lives somewhere between Alexandria and Shreveport that is a HUGE Shadowman fan and another where I live that has a LOT of original artwork. The guy that lives between Shreveport and Alexandria asked me two weeks ago when I met him if I was on this board. I told him yeah and I was Not_Bloodshot. I didn't get his contact info. I wish I did however. Dude LOVES Valiant and I dig it!

I know I haven't posted a lot, and sorry for this LONG post, but I really love this stuff and one of my main goals is to one day get your Rai 0 CGC 10 Book!
Last edited by Not_Bloodshot on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

And this is because the Goat is INCREDIBLE.

All I want to see is Disney really tell Ryan Reynolds that he can't make Deadpool the way he wants and he decides to make a Series of Quantum and Woody Movies out of spite. I could truly see the banter between he and the Goat and it would be EPIC.

greg

Post by greg »

Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40:13 pm

Greg,

I'm super busy man! I have been a board stalker for years and have a LARGE Valiant Collection. I have at least two complete sets of the 90's books. (One set reader grade and the other pristine, but both raw.)

I have a lot of key Bloodshot books and art including two Platinum 0's. (I am working on a third...) I also have the original artwork for the First and Last Pages of Bloodshot #1, including the concept sketch for Page 1. I have four copies of Bloodshot Salvation #1 Brushed Metal. (2 RAW, 1 CGC 9.8, 1 CGC SS 9.8) I also have, and this is admittedly INSANE, 8 copies of the new Bloodshot #1 Carbon Fiber version. (2 CGC 9.6 with Valiant Label, 5 CGC 9.8 with Valiant Label, and 1 CGC 9.9 SS) I also have many other Bloodshot key books.

Aside from Bloodshot I also have a copy of Shadowman 13 First Appearance of Punk Mambo (CGC 9.8) along with the original Shane Davis Cover Artwork. At least two copies of all of the other Metal and Glass Books, two or three of the Quantum and Woody Most Variant Books, and just so many other things...

To the dismay of my financial controller, I virtually never sell any of my Valiant stuff. At the moment, the only Valiant things that I have listed for sale are the two CGC 9.6 Carbon Fiber Books. I only did that because I looked at my collection and thought... I MIGHT have an issue.

It really started with me just trying to support the comic shops in Baton Rouge and New Orleans by buying up a lot of their Valiant stuff and trying to get some kind of awareness happening with the owners so they may try to talk about Valiant again with their other customers like they used to in the 90's when I was a kid and couldn't afford it.

I talked to Juki a bit and told him about this one shop in Metairie (Right outside of New Orleans) where the owner buys lots of good stuff. He had a custom cover made for Punk Mambo and had the artist doodle on a bunch of them. I think I bought 5 copies or something from him of the different ones he had made. I'm not sure if Juki ever made it there, but the owner told me he has some great relationships at Valiant and can get me pretty much anything I would be interested in.

I have met two other guys in Louisiana that are big Valiant guys. One great guy that lives somewhere between Alexandria and Shreveport that is a HUGE Shadowman fan and another where I live that has a LOT of original artwork. The guy that lives between Shreveport and Alexandria asked me two weeks ago when I met him if I was on this board. I told him yeah and I was Not_Bloodshot. I didn't get his contact info. I wish I did however. Dude LOVES Valiant and I dig it!
Welcome! :high-five:
Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40:13 pm I know I haven't posted a lot, and sorry for this LONG post, but I really love this stuff and one of my main goals is to one day get your Rai 0 CGC 10 Book!
I haven't even been tempted to sell by $10,000 offers for years, so there's that. :lol:

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by aj583 »

Love when board lurkers come out.... thanks for the intro! Congrats on your one of a kind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Aj - Thanks

Greg - at least now I know where I’ll need to start. Let the really long term negotiations begin!

greg

Post by greg »

Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:04:31 pm Greg - at least now I know where I’ll need to start. Let the really long term negotiations begin!
You're about 15 years behind some of the suitors, but I'm betting you might catch up... someday.

:thumb:

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

greg wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:38:36 pm
Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:04:31 pm Greg - at least now I know where I’ll need to start. Let the really long term negotiations begin!
You're about 15 years behind some of the suitors, but I'm betting you might catch up... someday.

Well, I was already let down when the Original artwork for the Cover of Bloodshot 1 sold for as much as it did.

There are so many people that probably deserve that book so much. Not to flatter you, but you probably are the person who deserves it the most based on your constant years of dedication to Valiant Fans, including the Price guide that I have used for years to understand proper values.

I don’t know. I appreciate the ones who preserve the history and value of Valiant.

At this moment, however, I appreciate TheeBaldMoose more than others. Great guy, and he lives where I grew up as a kid!

greg

Post by greg »

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35:55 pm

Well, I was already let down when the Original artwork for the Cover of Bloodshot 1 sold for as much as it did.

There are so many people that probably deserve that book so much. Not to flatter you, but you probably are the person who deserves it the most based on your constant years of dedication to Valiant Fans, including the Price guide that I have used for years to understand proper values.

I don’t know. I appreciate the ones who preserve the history and value of Valiant.

At this moment, however, I appreciate TheeBaldMoose more than others. Great guy, and he lives where I grew up as a kid!
There was a store in Puyallup that was owned by McFarlane's brother in law, or something like that, a few decades ago. I lived in Seattle, but was passing through and begged my Dad to stop in, which was a rarity. We did, and I purchased all 5 of the copies of Harbinger 1 that were in the rack that day. I was very, very thankful to have those books, as I was a very poor kid (we were evicted a year later, and homeless for a time), and I later sold them for $100 each, which helped me and my family significantly.

Plus it made up for all those copies of X-Force and X-Men 1 I bought. :lol:

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:35:55 pm

See, I knew that book was going to a good home! A true collector!

Won't lie, it's like a missing limb, I've looked for it in my office a few times as I pass by. I know it's gone, but I CAN STILL FEEL IT
Moose

Not_Bloodshot

Post by Not_Bloodshot »

Nycjadie - I wound up selling my set of original Transformers For $50 for a similar reason when we lived in Tacoma. I kept my Ninja Turtles though! Similar value story also...

Moose - I keep it in my office and look at it every day as well. You were right. The detail is so much greater in real life than pics. You still have those original canvas paintings and the print, which also look incredible, so you didn’t get rid of everything!

Spylocke80
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Favorite character: Solar MOTA
Favorite title: Ninjak Vol.3
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Spylocke80 »

Not_Bloodshot wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:40:13 pm

Greg,

I know I haven't posted a lot, and sorry for this LONG post, but I really love this stuff and one of my main goals is to one day get your Rai 0 CGC 10 Book!
Um...so no where in his post does Not_Bloodshot DENY being Vin Diesel! :D You got a truly one of a kind once in lifetime piece for your colleciton. Many congrats to you.