BAD IDEA

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: BAD IDEA

Post by kjjohanson »

BAD IDEA anagrams to BEAD AID, so maybe they're funding Brd Vincent.

It also anagrams to A DAD BE I, so maybe Dinesh has a kid on the way
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

kjjohanson wrote:BAD IDEA anagrams to BEAD AID, so maybe they're funding Brd Vincent.

It also anagrams to A DAD BE I, so maybe Dinesh has a kid on the way
Or it could be "I BE A DAD" or "A DAD BE I" and the kid has already arrived. :P :|

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

The SPARK, Part Two

From the very end of LADOTH:
When the SPARK is not reforming reality, it lays in wait, down in the roots of everything.

And so we, all of us, together, live in wait as well. Waiting for beginnings, for endings, for change.

Hoping that the next time the SPARK strikes, its transformative power will fall in our favor.

GammaJosh
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite artist: Barry Kitson

Post by GammaJosh »

Serious question: Is this board going to be migrated to a new Bad Idea site & forum?

I think it should, honestly, and for multiple reasons:

1) Obviously pretty much everyone here, including me, loves Dino and wants to support his new venture. And pretty much everyone here (not including me) is sour on most of the more recent Valiant offerings. This board, which is ostensibly a Valiant fans board, is about to have a higher percentage of Bad Idea fans than actual Valiant fans.
2) I think we're all pretty jazzed that Dino interacts here occasionally, but once Bad Idea gets going it's going to seem wildly inappropriate to make him come to a Valiant board to interact with fans of his own new company. There could be a sub-board, but placing it under the ValiantFans umbrella positions Bad Idea to be an offshoot or something lesser than, rather than its own thing. And again that seems *SQUEE* for Dinesh.
3) If it's not done by the owners here, someone else will likely do it, and we'll all end up on someone else's Bad Idea board. Maybe that ends up being cool, and maybe it doesn't. I like the way this board is run so maybe it'd be better to jump on it early.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

Josh,

I have been quietly wondering the same thing. How will New Idea pan out on this message board long term having the pillar CEO/creators/artists/writers that brought us the VEI universe? It would be nice for Greg to allow New Idea to have a Non-Valiant related message board here since everyone loves the great things that Dino and Company did for Valiant and wants them to succeed with New Idea. That may work for a time...However, there may come a point when Valiant and New Idea are in competition with one another. Or, a point when one Company is much more successful than the other. Then things could get awkward.

If Bad Idea becomes successful there is no doubt that there will be endless discussions here on the Valiant Message Board about them. You just would hate for there to be tension between the 2 companies.
Last edited by Juki on Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

GammaJosh wrote:
Serious question: Is this board going to be migrated...jump on it early.
This is a idea worth looking at for sure, but I'd like to point out that you ignore VH1 entirely in the question.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Bad Idea would fit in the Valiant Apocrypha, alongside Gold Key, Defiant, Broadway, iBooks, the Dark Horse GK3, the trAshcan, et al. Precedents exist.

I don't think there would be a conflict of interest. None of the DMG people post here.

This will not cease to be a Valiant board. It was here as a Valiant board before any VEI comics were published and will probably continue after DMG dies an ignominious and quiet death.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

If something is going to happen here it should happen quick, others are already trying to start one like this bad idea fan group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495385493933181/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker

Post by kjjohanson »

syzhang28 wrote:If something is going to happen here it should happen quick, others are already trying to start one like this bad idea fan group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495385493933181/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Bad Idea Facebook group is basically the same people as the Valiant Fans Facebook group. A lot of the people there post here, and vice versa
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

syzhang28 wrote:If something is going to happen here it should happen quick, others are already trying to start one like this bad idea fan group on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495385493933181/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg built and has run this site for what is now well over a decade. And at no benefit to himself financially. He has no reason jump in on a Bad Idea forum, he’ll just create a sub forum probably and all the same people who would post “there” will post here (or both).

But by all means, if anyone wants to start a Bad Idea forum, go ahead. It wouldn’t be the first time :wink:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

The Chosen 1
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

kjjohanson wrote:
The Bad Idea Facebook group is basically the same people as the Valiant Fans Facebook group. A lot of the people there post here, and vice versa
Correct. i'm on both and i'm pretty sure the mods are the same for the Valiant and Bad Idea pages. I have a feeling Dino might be on their too. And i would put money that they are on this site as well, although i couldn't tell you their tags. Syzhang28 needs to just look into it a bit more.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

The Chosen 1 wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
Correct. i'm on both and i'm pretty sure the mods are the same for the Valiant and Bad Idea pages. I have a feeling Dino might be on their too. And i would put money that they are on this site as well, although i couldn't tell you their tags. Syzhang28 needs to just look into it a bit more.
Dino’s tag is “Dino”. :thumb:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Bad Idea’s first panel will be at ECCC, Friday, March 13.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

BugsySig wrote:Bad Idea’s first panel will be at ECCC, Friday, March 13.
#BADIDEA
#BLOODSHOTMOVIE

:popcorn:

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

I was really hoping for something at C2E2...

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Jrosen wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:16:38 am
I was really hoping for something at C2E2...
I suppose there could be something sooner. The eccc panel info was dug up by someone on the Facebook group.

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Should this thread be stickied?

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

TheFerg714 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21:44 am Should this thread be stickied?
That’s what she said.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I’m a member of both the Valiant Fan Page & the Bad Idea fan page on Facebook. I’m anticipating what Dino & crew have up their sleeves, and I’m a fan of their creative output based on what they did for VEI. While I’m a lot less enthusiastic about current Valiant output on average, I’m still a Valiant fan, and I expect I’ll probably be a Bad Idea fan when those projects stand revealed. We can be fans of both, and we can all get along too.

I see no issue with having a whole Bad Idea subforum as part of *this* message board. There is already Valiant history baked into whatever comes of Bad Idea. Let’s be proud of that!

Im a fan of New Universe comics... and they are essentially the first line of comics by Jim Shooter that some see as a pre-cursor to the VH1 era of Valiant, then Defiant, then Broadway! I don’t have a conflict with any VH1 fans because I like New Universe comics!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version

Post by aj583 »

grendeljd wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:49:08 pm I see no issue with having a whole Bad Idea subforum as part of *this* message board. There is already Valiant history baked into whatever comes of Bad Idea. Let’s be proud of that!
:thumb:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

grendeljd wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:49:08 pm I’m a member of both the Valiant Fan Page & the Bad Idea fan page on Facebook. I’m anticipating what Dino & crew have up their sleeves, and I’m a fan of their creative output based on what they did for VEI. While I’m a lot less enthusiastic about current Valiant output on average, I’m still a Valiant fan, and I expect I’ll probably be a Bad Idea fan when those projects stand revealed. We can be fans of both, and we can all get along too.

I see no issue with having a whole Bad Idea subforum as part of *this* message board. There is already Valiant history baked into whatever comes of Bad Idea. Let’s be proud of that!

Im a fan of New Universe comics... and they are essentially the first line of comics by Jim Shooter that some see as a pre-cursor to the VH1 era of Valiant, then Defiant, then Broadway! I don’t have a conflict with any VH1 fans because I like New Universe comics!
Well maybe they have a conflict with you! :poke:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

:thumb:
grendeljd wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:49:08 pm I’m a member of both the Valiant Fan Page & the Bad Idea fan page on Facebook. I’m anticipating what Dino & crew have up their sleeves, and I’m a fan of their creative output based on what they did for VEI. While I’m a lot less enthusiastic about current Valiant output on average, I’m still a Valiant fan, and I expect I’ll probably be a Bad Idea fan when those projects stand revealed. We can be fans of both, and we can all get along too.

grendeljd
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

BugsySig wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:18:01 pm

Well maybe they have a conflict with you! :poke:
:lol:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

Well, I consider this an homage to Greg's board
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

BugsySig
BAD IDEA

Post by BugsySig »

Oxmyx wrote:Well, I consider this an homage to Greg's board

This the one? (From Dino’s Twitter)

I believe that’s ENIAC, the worlds first computer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk