McFarlane Bloodshot figure prototype at NYCC!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Kevin Van Hook just shared this photo of a new Bloodshot figure prototype by McFarlane Toys!! Image
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.
Re: McFarlane Bloodshot figure prototype at NYCC!

Post by Phantom »

saw on facebook, tried to find more info on interent searches but came up with nothing.
looks good.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Looks like “Powder” on Steroids.

I’ve been waiting for real, posable action figures for years, but I’m not interested in movie tie-ins. I don’t need my Hulk to look like Lou Ferigno and I don’t need my Bloodshot to look like Vin Diesel.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

lobo
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by lobo »

BugsySig wrote:Looks like “Powder” on Steroids.

I’ve been waiting for real, posable action figures for years, but I’m not interested in movie tie-ins. I don’t need my Hulk to look like Lou Ferigno and I don’t need my Bloodshot to look like Vin Diesel.
YOU don't need a Vin Diesel look-a-like but potential new fans of the movie may very well want the action figure to actually look like the movie character. This is what McFarlane toys does well.

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

lobo wrote:

YOU don't need a Vin Diesel look-a-like but potential new fans of the movie may very well want the action figure to actually look like the movie character. This is what McFarlane toys does well.
I don’t disagree, I’m just disappointed we haven’t gotten actual VALIANT action figures yet. McFarlane Toys does an amazing job and I’d like to see them take a stab at XO, Shadowman, EW, etc.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm gonna be saying "Baldshot" a lot. I know it.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

lorddunlow wrote:I'm gonna be saying "Baldshot" a lot. I know it.
Not a fan of Vin Diesel. It’s definitely going to affect my enjoyment of the movie. Akin to watching Woody Allen as Toyo.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

I agree. But I still want one. :lol: :?
BugsySig wrote:
lobo wrote:

I don’t disagree, I’m just disappointed we haven’t gotten actual VALIANT action figures yet. McFarlane Toys does an amazing job and I’d like to see them take a stab at XO, Shadowman, EW, etc.
Divinity, LiveWire, Ninjak, and so on... :thumb:
#StayValiant

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Looks good to me. I gotta get to NYCC one of these years ... a lot of Valiant action there.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Well for anyone who buys this a felt pen can make it right.
I Miss the good old days.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

nonplayer wrote:Well for anyone who buys this a felt pen can make it right.

To add hair? Ha,ha.

I still don't know for sure... but does anyone know if Bloodshot truly will be bald in the movie?

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Juki wrote:

To add hair? Ha,ha.

I still don't know for sure... but does anyone know if Bloodshot truly will be bald in the movie?
Every report that Dinesh has pushed on Twitter says yes. He even dropped this tweet during NYCC, thought it was funny!

Moose

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

grendeljd wrote:Kevin Van Hook just shared this photo of a new Bloodshot figure prototype by McFarlane Toys!! Image
This looks like *SQUEE*. This could be vin desil in a haloween costume. Other than the shirt he could be triple x or any of the people he portrayed in his movies.
Its like taking clark kent and having him be blond or no glassed. Spiderman with out web swinging action. Bat man not being a millionaire.
Im sorry for bashing this but its not bloodshot and dmg should be ashamed if this garbage.
I Miss the good old days.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

nonplayer wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Kevin Van Hook just shared this photo of a new Bloodshot figure prototype by McFarlane Toys!! Image
This looks like *SQUEE*. This could be vin desil in a haloween costume. Other than the shirt he could be triple x or any of the people he portrayed in his movies.
Its like taking clark kent and having him be blond or no glassed. Spiderman with out web swinging action. Bat man not being a millionaire.
Im sorry for bashing this but its not bloodshot and dmg should be ashamed if this garbage.
Vin Diesel movies kind of run together anyways. It is hard to remember enough about most of the movies he has been in to distinguish one from another. I suspect that the Bloodshot movie will just get lost in a hazy cloud of Vin Diesel action movies.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Juki wrote:

To add hair? Ha,ha.

Every report that Dinesh has pushed on Twitter says yes. He even dropped this tweet during NYCC, thought it was funny!

It seems like they should have given Vin Diesel some short black Velcro-hair to stay true to the character. But, it is not a deal breaker for me. Maybe Vin would not play the role if "hair" was involved?

I do think having Vin Diesel cast in the Bloodshot role is worth not having hair. Personally, unlike other people's opinions, I think the first Valiant Movie needs a big enough star (which Diesel is a huge star) to be noticed by non-Valiant fans.

However, I don't understand this post by Dinesh? I thought he was a big influence in the direction of this film (if not the main influence). I would have thought that "no hair" would have been part of his decision.

Or.... is it possible that his tweet is talking about the Bloodshot mini-figure being bald ("I can't believe they made Boodshot bald"). As in saying.... I can't believe DMG let this toy maker make a bald figure of Bloodshot. And, possibly, Bloodshot (Vin Diesel) does have hair in the movie. hmmmm?

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Juki wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Juki wrote:

To add hair? Ha,ha.

It seems like they should have given Vin Diesel some short black Velcro-hair to stay true to the character. But, it is not a deal breaker for me. Maybe Vin would not play the role if "hair" was involved?

I do think having Vin Diesel cast in the Bloodshot role is worth not having hair. Personally, unlike other people's opinions, I think the first Valiant Movie needs a big enough star (which Diesel is a huge star) to be noticed by non-Valiant fans.

However, I don't understand this post by Dinesh? I thought he was a big influence in the direction of this film (if not the main influence). I would have thought that "no hair" would have been part of his decision.

Or.... is it possible that his tweet is talking about the Bloodshot mini-figure being bald ("I can't believe they made Boodshot bald"). As in saying.... I can't believe DMG let this toy maker make a bald figure of Bloodshot. And, possibly, Bloodshot (Vin Diesel) does have hair in the movie. hmmmm?
He is saying that furry using their phone is tweeting (or similar social media) that criticism of the casting choice and bald head. Dino is making fun of the negative response to him being bald.

Which is funny.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

lorddunlow wrote:
Juki wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Juki wrote:

To add hair? Ha,ha.

He is saying that furry using their phone is tweeting (or similar social media) that criticism of the casting choice and bald head. Dino is making fun of the negative response to him being bald.

Which is funny.

Ahhhh.... that definitely makes more sense. :wink:

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

Bloodshot without the weird hairline, is like Superman without an S on the chest. It doesn't represent the character we've all been seeing for years.

Also, Vin Diesel can't act. He's always the same character. Groot has been the role he's shown the most range with.
I can only assume this movie will feature a "stock Vin Diesel action persona" in white makeup.

The fact that Vin Diesel is a "big name"... Is insulting to actors and movie fans everywhere.

Dinesh kinda has to hype it up... He won't get anyone to watch it if he openly admits that Vin can't act, and Baldshot looks like trash. I kinda feel sorry for him.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

slack wrote:Bloodshot without the weird hairline, is like Superman without an S on the chest. It doesn't represent the character we've all been seeing for years.

Also, Vin Diesel can't act. He's always the same character. Groot has been the role he's shown the most range with.
I can only assume this movie will feature a "stock Vin Diesel action persona" in white makeup.

The fact that Vin Diesel is a "big name"... Is insulting to actors and movie fans everywhere.

Dinesh kinda has to hype it up... He won't get anyone to watch it if he openly admits that Vin can't act, and Baldshot looks like trash. I kinda feel sorry for him.

Ouch!... I've enjoyed all of the Fast and the Furious movies and XXX. He has played these "rebel" action roles that I hope will bring a large audience to Bloodshot just to see Diesel. But, then his acting and the movie both have to be good and entertaining to succeed.

As far as "big name.?" Wasn't Diesel one of the highest grossing actors last year? Like him or not.... I would think that puts him in the "BIG NAME" category.

slack

Post by slack »

I didn't say he wasn't a big name... I said that the FACT that he's a big name is insulting to actors and movie fans.

I say that because his "acting" consists of basically one stock character that he uses for all roles. It's fine to like the movies he's in... but there is no defending the fact that he can't act.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I actually like Vin Diesel in movies. He is one of those actors that just plays a si gle type of role, but I feel he does that role well. Bloodshot is one of those kind of characters, so I'm optimistic...

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

slack wrote:I didn't say he wasn't a big name... I said that the FACT that he's a big name is insulting to actors and movie fans.

I say that because his "acting" consists of basically one stock character that he uses for all roles. It's fine to like the movies he's in... but there is no defending the fact that he can't act.
Oh... I see what you are saying now about Vin being a "big name" is an insult to other "better actors."

I will say that the F&F movies are his best movies. In those movies there are many other main and supporting actors. So, Vin doesn't have to carry the movies on his own. Bloodshot will be revolving around Vin as the undisputed main actor of the movie. I'm pulling for him! :hope:

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by Juki »

lorddunlow wrote:I actually like Vin Diesel in movies. He is one of those actors that just plays a si gle type of role, but I feel he does that role well. Bloodshot is one of those kind of characters, so I'm optimistic...

I agree.... hopefully in 15 years he will be best remembered for Sony's "Bloodshotverse."

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I have seen Vin Diesel movies. If he Stars in a movie, I won’t watch it because of my past experiences. Bloodshot will be the first exception. That’s how much I like Vin Diesel.

I could care less if he has hair or not. I can suspend my feelings about what the character is, but not sure I can once he opens his mouth....

slack

Post by slack »

nycjadie wrote: I could care less if he has hair or not. I can suspend my feelings about what the character is, but not sure I can once he opens his mouth....
So... You DO care about the hair? Or did you mean to say, "couldn't" care less?

:D :D :D :D :? :kidaround: