Valiant Sales For July

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MGS
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Re: Valiant Sales For July

Post by MGS »

nycjadie wrote:
sonicdan wrote:
While I don't regret this purchase I can totally relate with this one.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypie ... ce=1339099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I remember seeing this piece in an ad recently, thinking how cool was this piece, especially as it was, as I remember it, 4 different incentive variants. However, the story, the bvariants, and back issue sales were such a disappointment.

I bought the Massafera BRS 1 cover. Man, at least I love the cover!
Yeah, over the past two years I've only bought three pieces of Valiant art, and one of those was one I'd been after for a long time. In the few years before that I was buying stuff every couple months. I keep hoping something will draw me back in, but...

Mike

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

MGS wrote:Yeah, over the past two years I've only bought three pieces of Valiant art, and one of those was one I'd been after for a long time. In the few years before that I was buying stuff every couple months. I keep hoping something will draw me back in, but...

Mike
I still wouldn’t mind an iconic Massafera piece, and there are a few VEI and VH1 covers from the past 25+ years that I would love to own.

Most recent artwork I bought were three different covers for Life and Death of Toyo Harada, and Mico Suayan’s issue #1 page #1.

MGS

Post by MGS »

DirtbagSailor wrote: I still wouldn’t mind an iconic Massafera piece, and there are a few VEI and VH1 covers from the past 25+ years that I would love to own.

Most recent artwork I bought were three different covers for Life and Death of Toyo Harada, and Mico Suayan’s issue #1 page #1.
There’s definitely still great art being created for Valiant. I guess part of the problem for me is that I’m more worried about the long term prospects of the company than I was before and the general excitement level has waned. Perhaps the Bloodshot movie will shake things up a bit.

Mike

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

MGS wrote:
DirtbagSailor wrote: I still wouldn’t mind an iconic Massafera piece, and there are a few VEI and VH1 covers from the past 25+ years that I would love to own.

There’s definitely still great art being created for Valiant. I guess part of the problem for me is that I’m more worried about the long term prospects of the company than I was before and the general excitement level has waned. Perhaps the Bloodshot movie will shake things up a bit.

Mike
This is precisely why some of the late VH1 and Acclaim books are worth a premium. I've bene picking up some extra copies of recent books, especially LADOTH. Kinda wish there were incentives for those.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.