BRAINSTORMING SESSION! Valiant unresolved storylines...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: greg, Daniel Jackson

Oxmyx
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Re: BRAINSTORMING SESSION! Valiant unresolved storylines...

Post by Oxmyx »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:15:34 am
I cannot believe this "pinned" thread is still on page 1 (one)!

Maybe the problem isn't too many unresolved storylines but simply not enough stories?!? :hm:
The problem is neither of the above...but we as posters are always putting our headcanon and conjecture into a current post. Which is exactly why (reading back on this thread) I added my comments about UFO tech and Faraway Tech never being mentioned again, despite PRS being a staple of the Valiant Universe. That advanced tech would have sure come in handy during the Armor Hunters incident. So, are A+A like Q+W and their continuity doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things? That just gave me an idea! Why wasn't Mary Maria in the just concluded Doctor Tomorrow run? But General Heels (Capshaw) was so very realistic...p'shaw! If nothing else, Mary Maria could CERTAINLY have been in that overblown alternate universe battle in #1. I've been waiting to see her again way more than GN-GR and General Heels.

And that comment about Armor Hunters got me thinking too...where were the HARD Corps during Armor Hunters? I've actually looked a little bit at the continuity of Bloodshot, but I haven't read past Mission Improbable so I'm not sure what condition HARD Corps is left in when (I think?) HARD Corps and Bloodshot and PRS all battle it out right before the opening of Armor Hunters.

I'm also wondering where other VU characters were during AH. I suspect there was PLENTY of fan conjecture at the time the event was published, and I am merely very late to the game. But I've already puzzled on this...and they never reveal (as far as I know) how the Alien Hounds in NYC were defeated... although we see most of the other Hound battles. So there's smoking gun #1. And wasn't Orb Industries with that rich Vine traitor in NYC? And wasn't Commander Trill hiding out in a bunker in NYC? And isn't ComicCon in NYC? And didn't Archer first find Armstrong in that bar in NYC with all those bras on the wall? Back in the Deliquents was Armstrong's apartment in NYC (I don't recall?) Hasn't Toyo Harada got headquarters in NYC? (seriously I don't recall)
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Sunlight on Snow
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: BRAINSTORMING SESSION! Valiant unresolved storylines...

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Oxmyx wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33:13 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:15:34 am
I cannot believe this "pinned" thread is still on page 1 (one)!

Maybe the problem isn't too many unresolved storylines but simply not enough stories?!? :hm:
The problem is neither of the above...but we as posters are always putting our headcanon and conjecture into a current post. Which is exactly why (reading back on this thread) I added my comments about UFO tech and Faraway Tech never being mentioned again, despite PRS being a staple of the Valiant Universe. That advanced tech would have sure come in handy during the Armor Hunters incident. So, are A+A like Q+W and their continuity doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things? That just gave me an idea! Why wasn't Mary Maria in the just concluded Doctor Tomorrow run? But General Heels (Capshaw) was so very realistic...p'shaw! If nothing else, Mary Maria could CERTAINLY have been in that overblown alternate universe battle in #1. I've been waiting to see her again way more than GN-GR and General Heels.

And that comment about Armor Hunters got me thinking too...where were the HARD Corps during Armor Hunters? I've actually looked a little bit at the continuity of Bloodshot, but I haven't read past Mission Improbable so I'm not sure what condition HARD Corps is left in when (I think?) HARD Corps and Bloodshot and PRS all battle it out right before the opening of Armor Hunters.

I'm also wondering where other VU characters were during AH. I suspect there was PLENTY of fan conjecture at the time the event was published, and I am merely very late to the game. But I've already puzzled on this...and they never reveal (as far as I know) how the Alien Hounds in NYC were defeated... although we see most of the other Hound battles. So there's smoking gun #1. And wasn't Orb Industries with that rich Vine traitor in NYC? And wasn't Commander Trill hiding out in a bunker in NYC? And isn't ComicCon in NYC? And didn't Archer first find Armstrong in that bar in NYC with all those bras on the wall? Back in the Deliquents was Armstrong's apartment in NYC (I don't recall?) Hasn't Toyo Harada got headquarters in NYC? (seriously I don't recall)
Just in case...potential spoilers are blacked out.

UFO tech from Roswell and the Faraway isn't very advanced.
GATE & Capshaw have been using alien tech all the time. GIN-GR's basically working for GATE, too.
PRS' technology--nanites and neural implants--are far more advanced than the Roswell and Faraway Tech as well. Remember Deathmate!

I don't even want to see each and every character in all the events. Like Doctor Tomorrow, many of the characters are not even supposed to be there--if the story takes place in the present day of this Valiant Universe. Characters should only be used when it makes sense to use them (powers, availability, and actually making use of them; they don't need to just bystanders). Where had A&A been during AH? IIRC they were having trouble with the Lizard King.

The Armor Hunters Hounds?!? They were killed by Bloodshot, Ninjak, and X-O Manowar. That's what the heroes are there for! Yes yes yes, we might have seen more than 10 different hounds and only half of them or so were killed in panels but that's not really a big mystery that needs solving. If some of the Hounds survived in the sewer tunnels of Manhattan they were certainly eaten by the Bloodshot zombie herd during BS USA later on.