DMG accused of bribery, money laundering, fraud by employee

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

syzhang28
Re: DMG accused of bribery, money laundering, fraud by emplo

Post by syzhang28 »

ShadowTuga wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
greg wrote:
wrunow wrote:Dino buys company back for pennies on the dollar in a few years-my prediction.
That would be amazing. :cloud9:
+1!!!

Would love to see it happen. :hope:
Part of me really wonders whether Dinesh would want to become involved in Valiant again. By the time it ever (hypothetically) came up for sale his interests could have simply moved on.
I kinda am with SM99, I mean, wouldn't it be cool if Dinesh did the Valiant thing with another Dead Universe? Or you know, Brand New Superhero Universe? I know where I am, a valiant fans forum, and damn, I will probably get back in force to current comics again if it did happen... it's just... by the time Dinesh would get his hands back on Valiant characters, how many damage had been done the Valiantiverse, to the point where a reboot was just obvious and necessary given how some of the books might turn out?

Not to mention that his interests could have simply moved on as my felow poster said, opens the possibility that Nerd Boss doesn't want "to do comics" any more... that would be a real shame for all of us fans. His passion turned me into a Valiant curious and then I became a fan of the books brought by his approach to publishing superpowers books (of course Warren ois to be credited Big here).

Dudes, I can not help to say this- I lost all faith in the future of publishing with these people leading the company, now this criminal thing, I mean, what is there for us fans of that incredible, unique COMIC BOOK publisher that made 2012 such a special year for so many of us?

I am crossing fingers for Vin DIesel's Bloodshot to be 1000000000 better than what I already hope it will be. I hope that Valiant fans of today become hundreds of thousands - perhaps a couple of million - tomorrow, so there be dough for books.

I remember a 35 year old "kid" who in 2013 was thinking he would be buying issue 80 something of Manowar, Harbinger, A&A or Bloodshot in 2019, or whatever. Reading about criminal stuff involving people that work basically for the chinese government its amillion times more disheartening than a potato car.
Hasn't Dinesh been teasing that he is working on a new comic company? I thought I saw that on his twitter

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I don't think he'd be interested. He has his own production company now and he's making films and tv shows, and isn't that what he went to school for? He had a good run at Valiant, better than anyone else, IMO. He should be proud.

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

So the Chinese Courts froze Yinji's assets last year, Dan Mantz has been struggling to get any of the previous in development Valiant projects off the ground, literally all of DMG's subsidiaries are loss leaders, and now Chris Fenton is suing DMG.

Am I forgetting anything? I remember that there were rumors a while back of DMG Entertainment planning to find a new parent company in Hollywood. I get the feeling by the time Bloodshot is released, DMG will have been absorbed into another larger production studio with a more stable income.
AnarchoMambo wrote:
wrunow wrote: Dino buys company back for pennies on the dollar in a few years-my prediction.
I completely agree. I also think that this will eventually actually happen.
It would suck if DMG ended up selling for pennies. Yes it would make it possible for Hivemind/Dino, to repurchase Valiant, but it could also result in a bidding war for Valiant. We have to consider the possibility that other parties could be interested in buying DMG if thing's go south. At the rate things have been escalating, I feel Valiant will have a new owner before year's end. There's just too much happening back to back to not think that something big is about to happen. The writing's all over the walls at this point. I have a feeling Sony might be interested in securing the Valiant IP's.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

We will see who has the last laugh several hundred years from now.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

depluto wrote:We will see who has the last laugh several hundred years from now.
I doubt that :wink: :lol:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

SuperMage wrote:It would suck if DMG ended up selling for pennies. Yes it would make it possible for Hivemind/Dino, to repurchase Valiant, but it could also result in a bidding war for Valiant. We have to consider the possibility that other parties could be interested in buying DMG if things go south. At the rate things have been escalating, I feel Valiant will have a new owner before year's end. There's just too much happening back to back to not think that something big is about to happen. The writing's all over the walls at this point. I have a feeling Sony might be interested in securing the Valiant IP's.
I can see this happening before long. For me, my contined tenure as a Valiant customer will likely depend on who the purchaser is. If Valiant ends up getting absorbed into another comic universe then it's over for me, without a doubt, but if the universe remains independent then I'll stick around to see how it goes.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t