VALIANT beats premier publishers in January

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
VALIANT beats premier publishers in January

Post by BugsySig »

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/24 ... ign=buffer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Something we’ve mentioned in the past. Market and dollar share per capita is often better than all but the Big 3.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

syzhang28
Re: VALIANT beats premier publishers in January

Post by syzhang28 »

On one of the speculator message boards last night it said that at Comicspro the stores were complaining that Valiant and Dynamite need to stop charging extra for their variants. It sounded like everyone else gives them free when you qualify but Valiant charges $3.99 which is a way to trick the dollar share per capia chart.

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: VALIANT beats premier publishers in January

Post by BugsySig »

syzhang28 wrote:On one of the speculator message boards last night it said that at Comicspro the stores were complaining that Valiant and Dynamite (sucks!) need to stop charging extra for their variants. It sounded like everyone else gives them free when you qualify but Valiant charges $3.99 which is a way to trick the dollar share per capia chart.
So they’re complaining they have to pay $4 for something they can sell for $20-$100? Doesn’t seem like a bad deal to me. Also when VALIANT isn’t publishing them at the same amount as a Marvel or DC, I don’t think it’s gaming the market share on their part, it’s about making more profit off of them. Most stores are also only getting a few variants. Can’t say I’ve been in a store that’s had more than 20 copies on the shelf of a single VALIANT title. And when they’re possibly returning those they don’t sell anyway? Swallow the $20 bucks, guys.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t