Harbinger Movie Rumor

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Harbinger Movie Rumor

Post by jaden_sai »

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Eyeing Dylan O’Brien for Lead Role in ‘HARBINGER’
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/12/11/e ... harbinger/

jaden_sai
Re: Harbinger Movie Rumor

Post by jaden_sai »

SONY's Actor Wishlist for FAITH, PETE STANCHECK, More HARBINGER Roles Revealed - Report
https://www.newsarama.com/43067-faith-p ... -sony.html

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I hope Sony throws a lot of weight behind this. I'm not really sure how these things work, but I hope there is a shared vision between this movie and Bloodshot. I know they call it a five-picture deal, but you never hear anybody from the movies side talking about that.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Also, I can't wait to go on Twitter/Facebook to hear all the nattering nabobs of negativism chime in with how these are terrible choices for actors.

:lol:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Also also, how *SQUEE* cool is it that we are getting closer to a *SQUEE* Harbinger movie? I hope Dinesh is involved in this.

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

Beanie Feldstein is probably going to get locked into a multi-picture deal since Faith is getting her own solo movie after Harbinger comes out. It makes sense that they'd announce the actors for Faith and Peter first since they're the most important characters in the film, from a franchise point of view. We should assume these guys have already signed contracts, and that this is the official cast list. Noah Centineo is a pretty popular actor right now, kind of a waste for him to be playing a character that's going to die in the first half hour of the movie. Sony's probably going to put him all over the advertisements to trick teen girls into thinking he's one of the main characters to boost ticket sales.

Considering the actors they've chosen mostly come from YA franchises (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, Lady Bird, and Mazer Runner) this pretty much lines up with what Dinesh confirmed about the Harbinger movie, it's going to be a YA sci-fi adventure film.

Since @x got axed from the Harbinger movie, and his VH-1 version is showing up in Bloodshot instead, I wonder if Livewire will play a big role in this film. Eric Heisserer said that Dinesh made him cut some of Livewire's scenes to focus more on the Renegades. Hoping we hear news on casting for Toyo, and Amanda next. They should be the third and fourth move important characters in this film, besides Kris.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Those Maze Run we movies were trash, but the lead actor was fine in them. It’s a good list to start. I have a feeling they’re looking at the 1st 2 arcs of Dysart’s run as the basis for the film, where Joe is around for most of it, even as a hallucination of Peter’s.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

depluto wrote:Also also, how *SQUEE* cool is it that we are getting closer to a *SQUEE* Harbinger movie? I hope Dinesh is involved in this.
BIG +1 to all that!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;