Valiant Classified: Big Plans for the Future…

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
Re: Valiant Classified: Big Plans for the Future…

Post by agent_graves »

Shadowman99 wrote:
agent_graves wrote:Ever since Divinity got benched, I really haven’t been enthusiastic about any of the new stuff... :?

Last issue of X-O I read was #14, I still read X-O, I’m just behind, yet irritated that characters from Eternity are being used in this book, but Divinity is riding the bench.... :censored:

Still no Psi-Lords, how many years later... :censored: facepalm
I don't mind Divinity being on the bench just now. Each story so far has been amazing, so where I'm concerned the creative team can take as long as they like crafting the next story so long as it's on par with the previous three :thumb:

In the meantime, seeing new characters from Eternity appearing in XO is great! Was genuinely surprised to see them return and am looking forward to seeing how that all plays out in XO's playground :D

Those teasers from the early Kindt XO books... We're still yet to see any payoff from the yet, as far as I'm aware. Everyone's guessing it's going to be Psi-lords, but you'll all be in for a shock if that's not what it turns out to be. I'd just like to see what it is, whatever it is!
I don’t mind Kindt and the rest of the Divinity creative team taking a step back, to kind of refresh, and come back strong with some new sh!t. Or even a new creative team (it’s bound to happen eventually) with a new twist on things, in continuity tho, lol. But nothing is known, it’s been quiet since Eternity. That’s really what’s driving me crazy... :!:

I agree, it’s great that those characters are being used, but seriously, the David Camp sub plot is integral to the Divinity series. But it’s followed up on in X-O, with no involvement from Divinity, (that I know of, still haven’t read these issues) it just feels wrong, to me... :?

Idk man, Psi-Lords is like a sick joke (advertised twice, in past FCBD issues) now. It’s like, hey, Valiant! Don’t even mention Psi-Lords ever again, unless it’s ready to be solicitated... :censored: facepalm
#StayValiant

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Valiant Classified: Big Plans for the Future…

Post by Shadowman99 »

agent_graves wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
agent_graves wrote:Ever since Divinity got benched, I really haven’t been enthusiastic about any of the new stuff... :?

Last issue of X-O I read was #14, I still read X-O, I’m just behind, yet irritated that characters from Eternity are being used in this book, but Divinity is riding the bench.... :censored:

Still no Psi-Lords, how many years later... :censored: facepalm
I don't mind Divinity being on the bench just now. Each story so far has been amazing, so where I'm concerned the creative team can take as long as they like crafting the next story so long as it's on par with the previous three :thumb:

In the meantime, seeing new characters from Eternity appearing in XO is great! Was genuinely surprised to see them return and am looking forward to seeing how that all plays out in XO's playground :D

Those teasers from the early Kindt XO books... We're still yet to see any payoff from the yet, as far as I'm aware. Everyone's guessing it's going to be Psi-lords, but you'll all be in for a shock if that's not what it turns out to be. I'd just like to see what it is, whatever it is!
I don’t mind Kindt and the rest of the Divinity creative team taking a step back, to kind of refresh, and come back strong with some new sh!t. Or even a new creative team (it’s bound to happen eventually) with a new twist on things, in continuity tho, lol. But nothing is known, it’s been quiet since Eternity. That’s really what’s driving me crazy... :!:

I agree, it’s great that those characters are being used, but seriously, the David Camp sub plot is integral to the Divinity series. But it’s followed up on in X-O, with no involvement from Divinity, (that I know of, still haven’t read these issues) it just feels wrong, to me... :?

Idk man, Psi-Lords is like a sick joke (advertised twice, in past FCBD issues) now. It’s like, hey, Valiant! Don’t even mention Psi-Lords ever again, unless it’s ready to be solicitated... :censored: facepalm
Same, as long as the next Divinity story is up there where the previous three arcs were I'm happy to wait for it. On the other hand, it is frustrating that it's currently off the radar, with no mention at all of if/when/what it'll be. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers for now that it's not too long before something gets announced. New creative team, yeah, it'll have to happen eventually so we'll just have to hope they're up to the task when the time comes.

It would be a disappointment not to see something Psi-lords related in the near-ish future given the previously published adverts, but given the way the company is at the moment I have a hard time having any hope that we'll see it anytime soon given all the creative team changes. Still, always potential to introduce them within the pages of XO, Divinity or Rai, so perhaps we'll be seeing them sooner than we think :)
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t