Rarest Bloodshot Comic book?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

aj583
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior V1 Version
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: Rarest Bloodshot Comic book?

Post by aj583 »

aj583

Post by aj583 »

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Amazing! I do want these books. If anyone is selling, please PM me!

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

aj583 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:18:48 pm Image
Pretty sure they cropped out some of that guy's brains in that page. Makes me wonder what else got censored. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of those books.

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

Wow!!!! The sickness factor is just off the charts.. so there are two sets now.. dr.mirage cover looks so much better as foil..

gaga1227
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Favorite character: Bloodshot

Post by gaga1227 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:08:12 am
nycjadie wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:14:11 am
gaga1227 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59:53 am Interestingly, as valiantdude noticed, the Solar HK book has the cover of #3, but the actual book content is #1, am I correct here?
This is correct. It's Solar 1.
The Bloodshot and Shadowman covers are not the original #1 cover; they're both from the #0 issues.
Thanks, I checked again, interestingly, both Bloodshot and Shadowman HK book have the correct #0 issue story, so I guess it's just Solar HK book used #3 cover for its #1 story. :hm:

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08:04 pm
Pretty sure they cropped out some of that guy's brains in that page. Makes me wonder what else got censored. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of those books.
Maybe this is what you remembered? Same scene, different artwork from the next book?

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

valiantdude wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:31:21 pm Wow!!!! The sickness factor is just off the charts.. so there are two sets now.. dr.mirage cover looks so much better as foil..
There's one dr.mirage available if you are interested:
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045568

They also have shadowman and Ninjak, but in pretty poor condition:
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045238
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045955

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

Nice pictures aj583. Yours are in great conditions too. I guess if they come with the box, should be pretty well protected.

May I ask how you've acquired them? Do you know more history about these books and their publishing company Americom?

aj583

Post by aj583 »

Blood of Heroes wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08:04 pm
No, just didn’t capture the full page with the shot. Brains are there. Theses books have not edited out the violence.

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

aj583 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23:41 am No, just didn’t capture the full page with the shot. Brains are there. Theses books have not edited out the violence.
I agree, the box says they are 18+, so make sense they are not censored in any way.

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

gaga1227 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:39:10 am There's one dr.mirage available if you are interested:
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045568

They also have shadowman and Ninjak, but in pretty poor condition:
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045238
https://hk.auctions.yahoo.com/item/100464045955
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sunlight on Snow

gaga1227 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:24:47 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:08:12 am
nycjadie wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:14:11 am
gaga1227 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59:53 am Interestingly, as valiantdude noticed, the Solar HK book has the cover of #3, but the actual book content is #1, am I correct here?
This is correct. It's Solar 1.
The Bloodshot and Shadowman covers are not the original #1 cover; they're both from the #0 issues.
Thanks, I checked again, interestingly, both Bloodshot and Shadowman HK book have the correct #0 issue story, so I guess it's just Solar HK book used #3 cover for its #1 story. :hm:
Pretty weird.

Does anyone have a complete list? Is there a HK version of Magnus #1 and Turok #1 as well?

It looks like the backside of XO #1 says something about Turok.

aj583

Post by aj583 »

gaga1227 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:44:18 am Nice pictures aj583. Yours are in great conditions too. I guess if they come with the box, should be pretty well protected.

May I ask how you've acquired them? Do you know more history about these books and their publishing company Americom?
When the DMG Bloodshot and Harbinger books started showing up on ebay for $1000+ in CGC, I started looking for them. I travel to China often for work. I asked some co-workers in China whether they had any ideas on how to locate the DMG books (gave them the background of the DMG press release copies in Beijing). They couldn't find me the DMG books, but they did find these two sets on a China ecommerce site (not sure which one...maybe yahoo which you just posted?). They ordered for me and I picked them up on one of my trips. I think these are even cooler than the DMG books.

In terms of background, all I know is that these were the only 6 copies Voyager published in Asia, in HK to be specific. No comic book shops in HK have these or know where to get them. I tried to hunt them down that way. The title of Solar Man of the Atom is actually Solar, Man of the Sun translated (per my co-worker). ;-) Don't know much more!

These books are a great part of my collection. The cover stock is thick, good quality, to support the foil process on the cover. The paper stock, printing and colors inside the book are very similar to the old school US valiant books. Reminded me of those early V1 days.

I'm surprised to see that valiantdude think these would go for $1K. I don't think they are worth that much. Folks who like minty books will be disappointed. What you need is a friend in China who can search the ecom sites for you and I bet you can find additional sets over the next 6 months (the bloodshot movie may help with supply). I won't underestimate the desire of the board collectors here. If anyone wants to pay that much moola (or trade super rare VEI books), happy to part with one of my sets for you. ;-)

aj583

Post by aj583 »

This is pretty cool too. In the Bloodshot book, I saw that they have a page explaining the grading system for comic books (very fine, near mint, etc.). Like they are trying to create more interest in the US comic book market.

Sunlight on Snow

aj583 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23:47 amI think these are even cooler than the DMG books.
+1

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59:19 am Pretty weird.

Does anyone have a complete list? Is there a HK version of Magnus #1 and Turok #1 as well?

I am afraid, from what I know, this is the complete list, only 6 books are published by Americom in 1994, and nothing afterwards... The mention of Turok should be one of the extras included in the book.

gaga1227

Post by gaga1227 »

aj583 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:23:47 am
gaga1227 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:44:18 am Nice pictures aj583. Yours are in great conditions too. I guess if they come with the box, should be pretty well protected.

When the DMG Bloodshot and Harbinger books started showing up on ebay for $1000+ in CGC, I started looking for them. I travel to China often for work. I asked some co-workers in China whether they had any ideas on how to locate the DMG books (gave them the background of the DMG press release copies in Beijing). They couldn't find me the DMG books, but they did find these two sets on a China ecommerce site (not sure which one...maybe yahoo which you just posted?). They ordered for me and I picked them up on one of my trips. I think these are even cooler than the DMG books.

In terms of background, all I know is that these were the only 6 copies Voyager published in Asia, in HK to be specific. No comic book shops in HK have these or know where to get them. I tried to hunt them down that way. The title of Solar Man of the Atom is actually Solar, Man of the Sun translated (per my co-worker). ;-) Don't know much more!

These books are a great part of my collection. The cover stock is thick, good quality, to support the foil process on the cover. The paper stock, printing and colors inside the book are very similar to the old school US valiant books. Reminded me of those early V1 days.

I'm surprised to see that valiantdude think these would go for $1K. I don't think they are worth that much. Folks who like minty books will be disappointed. What you need is a friend in China who can search the ecom sites for you and I bet you can find additional sets over the next 6 months (the bloodshot movie may help with supply). I won't underestimate the desire of the board collectors here. If anyone wants to pay that much moola (or trade super rare VEI books), happy to part with one of my sets for you. ;-)
Thanks for sharing aj583 , I also think these books are cooler than the DMG ones. Personally I love the historical value of them, they were indeed the first licensed Chinese copies of Valiant books, and the only 6.

Sunlight on Snow

gaga1227 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:00:26 am
Sunlight on Snow wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59:19 am Pretty weird.

I am afraid, from what I know, this is the complete list, only 6 books are published by Americom in 1994, and nothing afterwards... The mention of Turok should be one of the extras included in the book.
Okay. Maybe it's a good thing there aren't even more. It's going to be difficult enough to find and get these six; or just one of them.

Blood of Heroes

Post by Blood of Heroes »

aj583 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:23:41 am
No, just didn’t capture the full page with the shot. Brains are there. Theses books have not edited out the violence.
:thumb:

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

The image on the box cover is the cover art from the Wizard guide to the Valiant Universe special.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting

Post by David_Cody »

These are all such great stories of Valiant. Thanks for posting.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Anybody got any print run info on this one? BLOODSHOT Vol 4 #7 Movie Poster Variant; Regal Cinema Exclusive
#StayValiant

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

About all I know regarding this book, is that these books were beat up when sent out. Very few shipped with care, so the one or two 9.8's will sell for a pretty penny. No clue about print run, except whatever it might have been, they sold out.

Again though, they were beat up when shipped, so if that one looks like a 9.8 or 9.6 candidate, you might want to slab it.
Moose

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:29:36 pm About all I know regarding this book, is that these books were beat up when sent out. Very few shipped with care, so the one or two 9.8's will sell for a pretty penny. No clue about print run, except whatever it might have been, they sold out.

Again though, they were beat up when shipped, so if that one looks like a 9.8 or 9.6 candidate, you might want to slab it.
Ha! It’s funny you say that, that’s exactly what was in the description. But after looking it over, (seller hasn’t shipped it out yet) there’s a few small spine ticks, nothing crazy. I think with a press and clean, I could pull at least a 9.4, either way I’m a keep it for the PC. I’ll keep digging around, see if I can find out the print run, or at least a ball park figure, couldn’t be more than a few hundred, I’d assume.
#StayValiant