Matthew Klein Gets Another Promotion

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Matthew Klein Gets Another Promotion

Post by SuperMage »

https://www.newsarama.com/43047-valiant ... ng-vp.html

He is now the Vice President of Sales and Marketing after being fired by Dinesh pre-takeover, and being rehired by DMG post-takeover. This continues the trend of Valiant making a larger number of hires/promotions during 2018. I feel that it's safe to say that the management transition is officially over.

syzhang28
Re: Matthew Klein Gets Another Promotion

Post by syzhang28 »

SuperMage wrote:https://www.newsarama.com/43047-valiant ... ng-vp.html

He is now the Vice President of Sales and Marketing after being fired by Dinesh pre-takeover, and being rehired by DMG post-takeover. This continues the trend of Valiant making a larger number of hires/promotions during 2018. I feel that it's safe to say that the management transition is officially over.
I take the opposite from the news. I'm sure he's a nice guy but if Dinesh, Atom and Fred (who I guess hired him back) fired him then he probably wasn't right for the job. He felt like a short term 'any port in a storm' move when they brought him back. Maybe I'm wrong but combining sales and marketing into one position again feels like a big step back. Didn't Valiant pioneer splitting the two jobs and market the idea that they split them because they are different skills. I thought they had great success with it considering that every other comic company has split the jobs since Valiant did and that Valiant had GREAT marketing and GREAT sales before this year. I know I always sound like a doom and gloomer but it's just how I'm reading the cards. Each new announcement makes me more sure that this is all not good. Sure enough now that I would say I bet we hear about another major departure soon based on this news. My bet is it's the Lionsforge guy who leaves next.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I don't see any other publisher making announcements about internal office positions. If it's not about on-page talent then it should never leave the cork board in the office break room. :roll:

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

syzhang28 wrote:Sure enough now that I would say I bet we hear about another major departure soon based on this news. My bet is it's the Lionsforge guy who leaves next.
And you hit the nail right on the head! Uncanny..... or not. :P

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

kinggirlfriend wrote:I don't see any other publisher making announcements about internal office positions. If it's not about on-page talent then it should never leave the cork board in the office break room. :roll:
Agreed. It's so strange to be seeing such frequent promotion announcements, but no big creative team announcements...

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

So what is the difference between being a director and a VP?

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Beware Cyclops wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:Sure enough now that I would say I bet we hear about another major departure soon based on this news. My bet is it's the Lionsforge guy who leaves next.
And you hit the nail right on the head! Uncanny..... or not. :P

:o :o :o

New predictions:

- Valiant brings Dinesh back!
- Dinesh brings Gold Key with him!!
- Barry Windsor-Smith to draw the Josh Dysart written epic that they all make together!!!

or maybe Valiant pulls another Matthew Klein announcement and adds executive editor to the job title of someone already at Valiant. Karl Bollers? Robert Meyers?