CBR- "20 Valiant Characters That Are Actually Rip-Offs..."

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: CBR- "20 Valiant Characters That Are Actually Rip-Offs..

Post by Sven the Returned »

greg wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:
Chiclo wrote:The only thing worse than SJWs are those who complain about them.
What damage are these complainers doing?
:hm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would take that over plenty of things getting wrecked right now.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Damage? I don't know that there is any damage, per se, but then again anytime I hear anecdotal evidence of folks complaining about something happening in the real world like threatening individuals or trying to harm retail businesses, either in trying to dissuade their customers or property damage, those claims are anecdotally dismissed. Aren't people really getting fired in real life? Like losing their real life job that pays them in real life money, not like bitcoins or simoleans?

The complainers aren't complaining about things that have been damaged either. They are throwing an unfocused tantrum all over social media, which to borrow an analogy about Acclaim comics, has all the fury of a distant fart at midnight. Appearantly enough people care about rantings on the face book, the you tubes and the instant grahams that this actually is something more noteworthy but to me this all seems silly and I cannot take social media seriously, almost like peeing yourself in a dark suit, it gives you a warm feeling for a little while but nobody really notices. But people with smart phones actually read like yelp reviews and stuff like that and these comicsgate people are no better than mobsters coming into a local mom-and-pop shop and selling them insurance. "Gee, these sure are some nice characters you have here. It sure would be a shame were something to happen to them."

To tell the tale in parable - here is the Yelp profile for the VFW in Amarillo: https://www.yelp.com/biz/vfw-veterans-o ... s-amarillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One star. One rating, one star. One individual (which the website has no friends) got mad enough, he was like "*Squee* you, Veterans of Foreign Wars, ONE STAR ON YELP." This probably doesn't matter because I doubt there is much overlap between people that would go to the VFW in Amarillo, Texas and people that would check what Yelp has to say about it, unlike comic book stores. Kids are always looking up reviews like this on their gadgets. What kind of anhedonic monster would give the Veterans of Foreign Wars one star? The same kind of guy that would get upset over something so piddly-assed trivial as ethics in gaming journalism or whatever thing the comicsgate people are crying about today.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:
Damage? I don't know that there is any damage, per se, but then again anytime I hear anecdotal evidence of folks complaining about something happening in the real world like threatening individuals or trying to harm retail businesses, either in trying to dissuade their customers or property damage, those claims are anecdotally dismissed. Aren't people really getting fired in real life? Like losing their real life job that pays them in real life money, not like bitcoins or simoleans?

The complainers aren't complaining about things that have been damaged either. They are throwing an unfocused tantrum all over social media, which to borrow an analogy about Acclaim comics, has all the fury of a distant fart at midnight. Appearantly enough people care about rantings on the face book, the you tubes and the instant grahams that this actually is something more noteworthy but to me this all seems silly and I cannot take social media seriously, almost like peeing yourself in a dark suit, it gives you a warm feeling for a little while but nobody really notices. But people with smart phones actually read like yelp reviews and stuff like that and these comicsgate people are no better than mobsters coming into a local mom-and-pop shop and selling them insurance. "Gee, these sure are some nice characters you have here. It sure would be a shame were something to happen to them."

To tell the tale in parable - here is the Yelp profile for the VFW in Amarillo: https://www.yelp.com/biz/vfw-veterans-o ... s-amarillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One star. One rating, one star. One individual (which the website has no friends) got mad enough, he was like "*Squee* you, Veterans of Foreign Wars, ONE STAR ON YELP." This probably doesn't matter because I doubt there is much overlap between people that would go to the VFW in Amarillo, Texas and people that would check what Yelp has to say about it, unlike comic book stores. Kids are always looking up reviews like this on their gadgets. What kind of anhedonic monster would give the Veterans of Foreign Wars one star? The same kind of guy that would get upset over something so piddly-assed trivial as ethics in gaming journalism or whatever thing the comicsgate people are crying about today.
To paraphrase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Chiclo wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

SJWism for the lack of a better term is bigger than comics or gaming.

Pretty sure Star Wars home media got cut into half and the NFL had some serious some ratings issues. I don't think the anthem is needed for a sport i don't watch but the NFL got shook and made a decision the left did not expect.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sven the Returned wrote:SJWism for the lack of a better term is bigger than comics or gaming.

Pretty sure Star Wars home media got cut into half and the NFL had some serious some ratings issues. I don't think the anthem is needed for a sport i don't watch but the NFL got shook and made a decision the left did not expect.
I am pretty sure the anthem thing is driven as much by the NFL players' union as anything else.

Union + sports = more liberal than NPR

I doubt very highly that Star Wars home media got cut in half. My expectation would be less than 10%.

What is really scary is the new Star Trek with Picard. No telling what sort of liberal icon they will make him this time around. But no matter how they change Picard today, that will not taint my deep enjoyment of the Next Gen of my youth. Mostly because DS9 is better and Andrew Robinson already said Garak is bi, so what worse could they do?