DMG stock down 10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%!!!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: DMG stock down 10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%!!!

Post by nycjadie »

3.25 CNY, with a new low of 3.18.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

nonplayer wrote:Great more changes. Comics will suffer. Will movies still be made. Wtf. Here we go Dynamite (sucks!) sucks can buy it up now and turn it into adventure time cartoons.
Well, there would be one episode. Then none. Then another episode the next year. Then a reversed negative variant reissue of the first episode. Then they'd get sued by the family of Edgar Rice Burroughs again.

Dynamite

Tony_H
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Dr. Mirage
Favorite writer: Van Meter
Favorite artist: Braithwaite & Baron

Post by Tony_H »

I wonder if a forced ownership change for DMG could eventually open a way for Dinesh & Co. to buy back Valiant.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

3.19 CNY with a new low of 3.06. Market cap is now $850M.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

nycjadie wrote:3.19 CNY with a new low of 3.06. Market cap is now $850M.
Man, just when you think they've hit rock bottom....
Moose

AnarchoMambo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
DMG stock down 10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%!!!

Post by AnarchoMambo »

Last I checked, $850M is still a lot of $$$

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

2.98 CNY - now worth USD $767M.

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

Posting something semi-positive here for once. I did some additional research on DMG to try to determine what's been influencing their cash flow over the past few years. With Yinji Media tanking, it's likely DMG Entertainment will cut ties with them. Obviously doing that will have an impact on DMG Entertainment's overall market value and assets, but it seems to be the only solution. So sometime between now and 2021, DMG Entertainment will be worth a lot less. The question remains, where does DMG's money come from now if the Chinese market is gone.

Bloodshot (2020) is the obvious answer, but thankfully it seems like they have some other ventures for us to keep an eye on. So back in 2015, DMG essentially stole a crap ton of employees from a rival investment firm who was facing accusations of fraud. Allegedly Rothenburg Ventures was victim to Silicon Valley rumors that originated from SV Bank mismanaging his finances. As Rothenburg Ventures' business started to tank, DMG took advantage of the opportunity and lured Rothenberg's employees to form DMG's Arcturus VR branch. This happened around the time DMG's stock saw a second spike in 2015. Rothenburg Ventures was destroyed in the process of DMG scavenging its employees, and DMG formed a Virtual Reality branch. Since then they've produced a few VR games, namely a VR game based on Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere high fantasy series.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere series is also reportedly in the works to be produced as a shared cinematic universe funded by DMG. Not much in terms of news on the projects, but it could potentially be a unique property for the big screen. Superhero movies might be oversaturating the market with their universes, but we've never had a shared fantasy universe before. Unless of course you include the Harry Potter/Wizarding World universe, but so far Warner Bros. has limited themselves to only one Wizarding World film in production at a time. DMG acquired the rights to the Cosmere series in October 2016, around the same times another series of spikes occurred in their stock. Both Stormlight, and Mistborn are currently in production with the intention of kicking off the Cosmere Cinematic Universe. At this point the projects are only in pre-production.

The last thing I found is DMG's investments in Major League Gaming through Super League Gaming. Nothing too big of an operation though. It seem to mostly be an Amateur League organizing competitive tournaments. It looks like League of Legends is their main competitive draw. They've only been around for a year so I expect the roster of games to grow. Surprised they don't have Overwatch or Fortnite as part of their league, but it's possible they're negotiating deals with other game companies. They specifically mention that their roster of games only reflects their current catalog.

So judging by these dates, I think it's pretty accurate to say that Dan Mintz has been building his own personal media empire separate from Yinji Media after he was ousted from his executive position in 2014 by the Chinese government. The Chinese courts will decide what happens to Yinji Media, but if DMG Entertainment has to start over these will be the main things supporting them financially. For everyone's best interest though, hopefully Blooshot is released before Yinji's fate is decided. Arcturus' The Way of Kings games has some pretty bad reviews on Steam. When you average out the score, it comes out to be about 50%. Mostly stemming from the fact that the game is only 15 minutes long. Super League Gaming also seems to have some negative press associated with it. So yes, DMG has some cash flow here in the U.S., but the quality of the products they've produced isn't very high. It doesn't look like they're really breaking bank either. Dan Mintz seems to care more about quantity than quality, and it's reflected in the services DMG provides.

I still can't find out how much DMG Entertainment is actually worth when Yinji Media's assets and cash flow is deducted. We should probably ignore anything in Chinese from now on as that only pertains to Yinji media. The current 3.21 CNY stock and market cap are mostly Yinji media. If we want to fairly judge DMG's business model we should focus on their projects here in the U.S. Dan Mintz has made it pretty clear he's done with China. I can't find enough information on Arcturus, or Super League Gaming's revenue or stock though. Arcturus has produced four VR games so far, and they're working on a fifth one. The majority of VR games make less than $250,000, so Arcturus likely needs to produce a large volume of games per year to stay afloat.

All in all, I guess you could see all of this as a silver lining. We know that DMG Entertainment is making some money. Is it enough to fund four separate feature length films, and two t.v. shows? Hopefully we won't have to ask that question until 2021, when the Chinese courts decide what to do with Yinji Media. For now let's try to give DMG Entertainment a chance. There's still hope, and I don't think any Valiant fan wants to see a second Acclaim fallout.

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/bran ... 201902500/
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 79680.html
https://www.cnet.com/news/vc-rothenberg ... eputation/
https://www.roadtovr.com/valve-gabe-new ... vr-market/
Last edited by SuperMage on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:20:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

SuperMage wrote:Posting something semi-positive here for once. I did some additional research on DMG to try to determine what's been influencing their cash flow over the past few years. With Yinji Media tanking, it's likely DMG Entertainment will cut ties with them. Obviously doing that will have an impact on DMG Entertainment's overall market value and assets, but it seems to be the only solution. So sometime between now and 2020, DMG Entertainment will be worth a lot less. The question remains, where does DMG's money come from now if the Chinese market is gone.

Bloodshot (2020) is the obvious answer, but thankfully it seems like they have some other ventures for us to keep an eye on. So back in 2015, DMG essentially stole a crap ton of employees from a rival investment firm who was facing accusations of fraud. Allegedly Rothenburg Ventures was victim to Silicon Valley rumors that originated from SV Bank mismanaging his finances. As Rothenburg Ventures' business started to tank, DMG to advantage of the opportunity and lured Rothenberg's employees to form DMG's Arcturus VR branch. This happened around the time DMG's stock saw a second spike in 2015. Rothenburg Ventures was destroyed in the process of DMG scavenging its employees, and DMG formed a Virtual Reality branch. Since then they've produced a few VR games, namely a VR game based on Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere high fantasy series.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere series is also reportedly in the works to be produced as a shared cinematic universe funded by DMG. Not much in terms of news on the projects, but it could potentially be a unique property for the big screen. Superhero movies might be oversaturating the market with their universe, but we've never had a shared fantasy universe before. Unless of course you include the Harry Potter/Wizarding World universe, but so far Warner Bros. has limited themselves to only one Wizarding World film in production at a time. DMG aquired the rights to the Cosmere series in October 2016, around the same times another series of spikes occurred in their stock. Both Stormlight, and Mistborn are currently in production with the intention of kicking off the Cosmere Cinematic Universe. At this point the projects are only in pre-production.

The last thing I found is DMG's investments in Major League Gaming through Super League Gaming. Nothing too big of an operation though. It seem to mostly be an Amateur League organizing competitive tournaments. It looks like League of Legends is their main competitive draw, but they've only been around for a year so I expect the roster of games to grow. Surprised they don't have Overwatch or Fortnite as part of their league, but it's possible they're negotiating deals with other game companies. They specifically mention that their roster of games only reflects their current catalog.

So judging by these dates, I think it's pretty accurate to say that Dan Mintz has been building his own personal media empire separate from Yinji Media after he was ousted from his executive position in 2014 by the Chinese government. The Chinese courts will decide what happens to Yinji Media, but if DMG Entertainment has to start over these will be the main things supporting them financially. For everyone's best interest, hopefully Blooshot is released before Yinji's fate is decided. Arcturus' The Way of Kings games has some pretty bad reviews on Steam. When you average our the score it comes out to be about 50%. Mostly stemming from the fact that the game is only 15 minutes long. Super League Gaming also seems to have some negative press associated with it. So yes DMG has some cash flow here in the U.S. but the quality of the products they've produced isn't very high, and it doesn't look like they're really breaking bank. Dan Mintz seems to care more about quantity than quality, and it's reflected in the services DMG provides.

I still can't find out how much DMG Entertainment is actually worth when Yinji Media's assets and cash flow is deducted. We should probably ignore anything in Chinese from now on as that only pertains to Yinji media. The current 3.21 CNY stock and market cap are mostly Yinji media. If we want to fairly judge DMG business model we should focus on their projects here in the U.S. Dan Mintz has made it pretty clear he's done with China. I can't find enough information on Arcturus, or Super League Gaming's revenue or stock though. Arcturus has produced four VR games so far, and they're working on a fifth one. The majority of VR games have made less than $250,000, so Arcturus likely needs to produce a large volume of games per year to stay afloat.

All in all, I guess you could see all of this as a silver lining. We know that DMG Entertainment is making some money. Is it enough to fund four separate feature length films, and two t.v. shows? Hopefully we won't have to ask that question until 2021, when the Chinese courts decide what to do with Yinji Media. For now let's try to give DMG Entertainment a chance. There's still hope, and I don't think any Valiant fan wants to see a second Acclaim fallout.

Is that why they call you SuperMage? Great work!

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote:Is that why they call you SuperMage? Great work!
Ditto! +1

iggy101us
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart
I bought my first comics at Kwik-E-Mart

Post by iggy101us »

It's been gaining the max 10% daily for the last couple of days. Back to 4.27. Still way down from 52-week high of course. I did not see any news so not sure what is causing the bounce.

markie7235
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by markie7235 »

SuperMage wrote:Posting something semi-positive here for once. I did some additional research on DMG to try to determine what's been influencing their cash flow over the past few years. With Yinji Media tanking, it's likely DMG Entertainment will cut ties with them. Obviously doing that will have an impact on DMG Entertainment's overall market value and assets, but it seems to be the only solution. So sometime between now and 2021, DMG Entertainment will be worth a lot less. The question remains, where does DMG's money come from now if the Chinese market is gone.

Bloodshot (2020) is the obvious answer, but thankfully it seems like they have some other ventures for us to keep an eye on. So back in 2015, DMG essentially stole a crap ton of employees from a rival investment firm who was facing accusations of fraud. Allegedly Rothenburg Ventures was victim to Silicon Valley rumors that originated from SV Bank mismanaging his finances. As Rothenburg Ventures' business started to tank, DMG took advantage of the opportunity and lured Rothenberg's employees to form DMG's Arcturus VR branch. This happened around the time DMG's stock saw a second spike in 2015. Rothenburg Ventures was destroyed in the process of DMG scavenging its employees, and DMG formed a Virtual Reality branch. Since then they've produced a few VR games, namely a VR game based on Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere high fantasy series.

Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere series is also reportedly in the works to be produced as a shared cinematic universe funded by DMG. Not much in terms of news on the projects, but it could potentially be a unique property for the big screen. Superhero movies might be oversaturating the market with their universes, but we've never had a shared fantasy universe before. Unless of course you include the Harry Potter/Wizarding World universe, but so far Warner Bros. has limited themselves to only one Wizarding World film in production at a time. DMG acquired the rights to the Cosmere series in October 2016, around the same times another series of spikes occurred in their stock. Both Stormlight, and Mistborn are currently in production with the intention of kicking off the Cosmere Cinematic Universe. At this point the projects are only in pre-production.

The last thing I found is DMG's investments in Major League Gaming through Super League Gaming. Nothing too big of an operation though. It seem to mostly be an Amateur League organizing competitive tournaments. It looks like League of Legends is their main competitive draw. They've only been around for a year so I expect the roster of games to grow. Surprised they don't have Overwatch or Fortnite as part of their league, but it's possible they're negotiating deals with other game companies. They specifically mention that their roster of games only reflects their current catalog.

So judging by these dates, I think it's pretty accurate to say that Dan Mintz has been building his own personal media empire separate from Yinji Media after he was ousted from his executive position in 2014 by the Chinese government. The Chinese courts will decide what happens to Yinji Media, but if DMG Entertainment has to start over these will be the main things supporting them financially. For everyone's best interest though, hopefully Blooshot is released before Yinji's fate is decided. Arcturus' The Way of Kings games has some pretty bad reviews on Steam. When you average out the score, it comes out to be about 50%. Mostly stemming from the fact that the game is only 15 minutes long. Super League Gaming also seems to have some negative press associated with it. So yes, DMG has some cash flow here in the U.S., but the quality of the products they've produced isn't very high. It doesn't look like they're really breaking bank either. Dan Mintz seems to care more about quantity than quality, and it's reflected in the services DMG provides.

I still can't find out how much DMG Entertainment is actually worth when Yinji Media's assets and cash flow is deducted. We should probably ignore anything in Chinese from now on as that only pertains to Yinji media. The current 3.21 CNY stock and market cap are mostly Yinji media. If we want to fairly judge DMG's business model we should focus on their projects here in the U.S. Dan Mintz has made it pretty clear he's done with China. I can't find enough information on Arcturus, or Super League Gaming's revenue or stock though. Arcturus has produced four VR games so far, and they're working on a fifth one. The majority of VR games make less than $250,000, so Arcturus likely needs to produce a large volume of games per year to stay afloat.

Thanks for looking into this. I had sort of alluded this previously when I said I think DMG US and the stock DMG were semi-separate entities, but this research supports it. While I don't know how the US DMG operations are doing financially, I don't think their troubled....yet. Obviously getting one of their Valiant media projects off the ground and out in the world will go along way for them though