Valiant Unveils a Slate of Four All-New Series

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Valiant Unveils a Slate of Four All-New Series

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

jmatt wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I would love to see them revisit that strange place from imperium.
+1

I'm content to see what they bring; no pre-conceived expectations will help.

Didn't read much of the article but are they saying these are in addition to other titles, or the only four titles that are forthcoming?
Looking at the current slate of titles I've come up with 6 titles per month Valiant will be publishing from Sept through to December based on story arcs (assuming they are 4 issues per), confirmed pre-order bundles #'s, and assuming the new mini's are 4 issue arcs.

September
Faith Dreamside #1
Ninja-K #11
Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #3
Shadowman #7
Quantum & Woody #10
X-O Manowar #19

October
Faith Dreamside #2
Ninja-K #12
Britannia: Lost Eagles of Rome #4 (FINAL)
Shadowman #8
Quantum & Woody #11
X-O Manowar #20

November
Faith Dreamside #3
Bloodshot PRS #1
Ninja-K #13
Shadowman #9
Quantum & Woody #12 (FINAL?)
X-O Manowar #21

December
Faith Dreamside #4 (FINAL?)
Bloodshot PRS #2
Livewire #1
Ninja-K #14 (FINAL?)
Shadowman #10
X-O Manowar #22 (FINAL?)

January
Bloodshot PRS #3
Livewire #2
Shadowman #11 (FINAL?), Incursion starts Feb

Do we know when The Life and Death of Toyo Harada is starting in 2019 yet?

The problem I have with the direction of Valiant at this stage is the fact that it already doesn't feel much like a shared universe (Ninjak aside) and the new titles look to push that shared universe further apart (Faith going into a dreamworld, Bloodshot set in the past, Livewire in the now, Incursion set in the Deadside?). of course this could all be wrong (fingers crossed).

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

TheFerg714 wrote: Nah dude, I think you're trying too hard. I'm just as skeptical as you are of identity politics infiltrating Valiant, but I don't think this lineup of books really proves anything.
I'll agree that no one is clamoring for a Faith book, but I think people actually really want Livewire to have her own series. She's been a major player since ~2013. It makes sense that she would get a shot at her own series eventually. I don't know anything about the writer, but she does have me blocked on Twitter, and I haven't posted a single controversial thing, besides maybe #movetheneedle. That makes me worried, and it's super annoying when people have the mindset of: "Well there's a black female lead character, we need to find a black female writer!" That logic is stupid, but I'm still going in open-minded. The inclusion of Raul Allen and Patricia Martin help.
Bloodshot has two white guys writing and Ken Lashley is a fairly distinguished artist with a nice looking resume.
And finally, Incursion looks to be directly launching off of Shadowman, which is an already existing property.

I understand your apprehension, but I just think you might be crying wolf right now.

EDIT: OH MY GOD Where is Harbinger? Why the :censored: aren't they launching a new Harbinger title off the back of HW2? Ok, now that I've remembered that, I'm actively annoyed.
I stand corrected about the desire for a solo Livewire series, at least in this community. I haven't read enough to get what makes her appealing as a character, but after reading HWars 2 #1 they should probably find a way to explain how she isn't a mass murderer, or at least try to make her an interesting or sympathetic character.

The forced diversity stuff is whatever, I'm not judging it yet, just saying it was expected after reading that interview. It's par for the course in 2018 comics, but hey as long as the stories are good and the characters are compelling it's all gravy. I think it's an uphill battle for Valiant though, because everyone is already doing the diversity schtick, what's going to be unique about Valiant doing it? If you're trying to gain ground against your competitors, it's better to do what they're not doing.

It's an interesting first lineup for DMG, except for Bloodshot it looks like spin-off minis from successful main books, just without the main books being there? :?

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Valiant isn't playing the diversity game, diversity is in their blood. The characters aren't the problem, it's the choice of direction they're taking.

I hate that I'm not excited by these titles the way I should be. What if instead they announced:

SAVAGE (by B. Clay Moore)
DOCTOR MIRAGE (by Jen Van Meter)
RAI (by Kindt)
HARBINGER (not sure who, ....? Before he left I thought Lemire would be good.)

We would be throwing a party right now!
They need to give Q&W and Faith a rest for a while. I like them, but there are stronger and more interesting concepts they can be exploring instead. I'm really grateful for Ninja-K, the upcoming Britannia that we're getting, and the X-O arc with the Eternity characters. Beyond that I can't say I'm at all excited for anything. :(

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

kinggirlfriend wrote:Valiant isn't playing the diversity game, diversity is in their blood. The characters aren't the problem, it's the choice of direction they're taking.
This. Although I am wary of nuValiant becoming focused on diversity/identity politics.
I hate that I'm not excited by these titles the way I should be. What if instead they announced:

RAI (by Kindt)

They need to give Q&W and Faith a rest for a while. I like them, but there are stronger and more interesting concepts they can be exploring instead. I'm really grateful for Ninja-K, the upcoming Britannia that we're getting, and the X-O arc with the Eternity characters. Beyond that I can't say I'm at all excited for anything. :(
I see your point, but can't say that's the ideal lineup for me.
I think Livewire is an obvious next step from HW2 and Incursion is an awesome idea if it's something that's spawning from Shadowman.
If it were up to me, I'd keep Faith off the board for a while longer and give Bloodshot a few months break before rebooting. I'd much rather see Harbinger, Savage, and maybe something 4002-related.

Honestly, what do they expect from another Faith mini? Future Force sold like crap and the ongoing just kept selling worse and worse. Maybe she deserves an OGN instead.
Ryan wrote:The forced diversity stuff is whatever, I'm not judging it yet, just saying it was expected after reading that interview. It's par for the course in 2018 comics, but hey as long as the stories are good and the characters are compelling it's all gravy. I think it's an uphill battle for Valiant though, because everyone is already doing the diversity schtick, what's going to be unique about Valiant doing it? If you're trying to gain ground against your competitors, it's better to do what they're not doing.
I'm just not seeing forced diversity with this lineup. Again, like you, I'm nervous, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that they're jumping headfirst into identity politics.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

TheFerg714 wrote: I'm just not seeing forced diversity with this lineup. Again, like you, I'm nervous, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that they're jumping headfirst into identity politics.
I want to give the benefit of the doubt too, but after the interview and seeing this lineup, it's hard for me. Have you ever read a Black Mask book? Look I'm a liberal, but I don't read comics to learn about the politics of the writer. All that aside, none of these series really grab my interest by the preview image and blurb and I don't see how they're designed to grab new readers interest either. They have the entire Valiant universe to choose from, and this is what they choose. :|

RAI (by Kindt)

Yeah but they wouldn't have fired the entire editorial staff just to do the same things they've already tried. A new direction was definitely coming, we just didn't know what. Now we're starting to get the idea.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Ryan wrote:I want to give the benefit of the doubt too, but after the interview and seeing this lineup, it's hard for me. Have you ever read a Black Mask book? Look I'm a liberal, but I don't read comics to learn about the politics of the writer.
Fair enough. I haven't read a Black Mask book, but I will probably try to check out some of these writers' work before these books come out. I've heard good things about the Bloodshot team's current Cable arc.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

TheFerg714 wrote: Fair enough. I haven't read a Black Mask book, but I will probably try to check out some of these writers' work before these books come out. I've heard good things about the Bloodshot team's current Cable arc.
I did read an issue of The Dregs, their Black Mask book and I thought it was really good. Not overly political like a lot other BMask books. I don't remember much about the premise except it had to do with bums in Vancouver, but I remember thinking it was well done. Haven't read the Cable, but it's a good sign they have some experience with an action hero. This one gives me some hope :thumb:

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Unlike most of you guys I'm really looking forward to Jody Houser's mini featuring Faith, Dr. Mirage, and Animalia. Faith going into Animalia's subconsciousness sounds intriguing. Let's hope her nightmares have something to do with what happened in Rook and during HW2.

Really looking forward to Diggle's Incursion and the Livewire solo, too.

Not sure what to think of "Rising Spirit" and I don't like how he looks on the cover. Very Hulk-ish body. I do like the background though... the nanites in the bloodstream.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Unlike most of you guys I'm really looking forward to Jody Houser's mini featuring Faith, Dr. Mirage, and Animalia. Faith going into Animalia's subconsciousness sounds intriguing. Let's hope her nightmares have something to do with what happened in Rook and during HW2.
Now there's a thought! I'd be super down for the Faith mini if it directly tied into the events of HWII.

jxm640
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: GIN-GR
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt

Post by jxm640 »

This line up sounds like it could be interesting.

It is also a return to how VEI started, little known creators building the universe.

I think that the trip to the past with Bloodshot could be interesting, it will show the direction that the film is going in.

For Faith, if it ties into HWII alongside Liverwire, it could show that Valiant is bringing the shared universe closer together.

Incursion, I have no idea what to expect but I am hopeful that it will be good.

All in all, this could be great.
This is what happens when you try to work...

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

TheFerg714 wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:Valiant isn't playing the diversity game, diversity is in their blood. The characters aren't the problem, it's the choice of direction they're taking.
This. Although I am wary of nuValiant becoming focused on diversity/identity politics.

RAI (by Kindt)

I see your point, but can't say that's the ideal lineup for me.
I think Livewire is an obvious next step from HW2 and Incursion is an awesome idea if it's something that's spawning from Shadowman.
If it were up to me, I'd keep Faith off the board for a while longer and give Bloodshot a few months break before rebooting. I'd much rather see Harbinger, Savage, and maybe something 4002-related.

Honestly, what do they expect from another Faith mini? Future Force sold like crap and the ongoing just kept selling worse and worse. Maybe she deserves an OGN instead.
Ryan wrote:The forced diversity stuff is whatever, I'm not judging it yet, just saying it was expected after reading that interview. It's par for the course in 2018 comics, but hey as long as the stories are good and the characters are compelling it's all gravy. I think it's an uphill battle for Valiant though, because everyone is already doing the diversity schtick, what's going to be unique about Valiant doing it? If you're trying to gain ground against your competitors, it's better to do what they're not doing.
I'm just not seeing forced diversity with this lineup. Again, like you, I'm nervous, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that they're jumping headfirst into identity politics.
The forced diversity is focusing on female charaters. That's the way the world is going. More emphasis on females. Which is fine. But it must flow properly. Not be forced for the fact of a trend.
I Miss the good old days.

AnarchoMambo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Valiant Unveils a Slate of Four All-New Series

Post by AnarchoMambo »

Women ain’t no trend, guys. They are, you might say, here to stay.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

AnarchoMambo wrote:Women ain’t no trend, guys. They are, you might say, here to stay.
No one is saying anything against women. Personally, I love women. They can also be great leads in action-adventure stories. Fatale by Brubaker and Epting is a great spy/action book with a female lead.

The debate here is are these really the best characters to grab new readers attention? Were these characters chosen because they are the ones that fans really want to see or were they chosen to try to follow the diversity trend and score virtue points in the media?

No one is against Valiant trying to expand its readership. Everyone is just reacting to the first major announcement from DMG that gives us a glimpse into the direction they're taking with Valiant, and projecting from there. It's all just fan speculation and opinion, we won't really know much until the books come out.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Ryan wrote:
AnarchoMambo wrote:Women ain’t no trend, guys. They are, you might say, here to stay.
No one is saying anything against women. Personally, I love women. They can also be great leads in action-adventure stories. Fatale by Brubaker and Epting is a great spy/action book with a female lead.

The debate here is are these really the best characters to grab new readers attention? Were these characters chosen because they are the ones that fans really want to see or were they chosen to try to follow the diversity trend and score virtue points in the media?

No one is against Valiant trying to expand its readership. Everyone is just reacting to the first major announcement from DMG that gives us a glimpse into the direction they're taking with Valiant, and projecting from there. It's all just fan speculation and opinion, we won't really know much until the books come out.
Death of harbinger had harada kill off livewire but now shes to valuable as a strong female charater to kill off. She should be taken down after her terrorist act.
America is left defenceless against foreign powers. No satalites to spy or defences to shoot down missiles. Your all Americans what your presedent do at this point. All hands on ship take her but down no iffs and or buts.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

lolwut? I'm a big fan of female action leads (Buffy is my favorite fictional character of all time), but women don't generally read comic books. Yea, they have their niche, and obviously they are welcome, but comics (specifically superhero shared-universes) have been, and always will be, a male-centric art form, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Ryan wrote: No one is saying anything against women. Personally, I love women. They can also be great leads in action-adventure stories. Fatale by Brubaker and Epting is a great spy/action book with a female lead.

Agreed. Although, regardless of the reason, I think it was probably a good idea to (finally) make a Livewire solo series.

The fact that they picked Livewire and Faith over Harbinger raises some red flags for sure.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

RAI (by Kindt)

Savage is due for a comeback, especially given how the last series ended. Hopefully in 2019?

Rai is due as well. We’ve seen some 4002 here and there, but nothing more than an arc in another book or a quick mini or one-shot. Such a shame as the 2 timelines were so unique and key to the success of VH1. Where is Psi-Lords!?!? Maybe we can get some spin on Heiserer’s Secret Weapons 4002? Neela Timewalker could touch on this as well. I’d love to see her used as a way to link continuity together: Gilad and Aram’s past, Kindt’s past Unity teams, the BoD stories, 4001/2, Pre-historic Geomancer and Shadowman, etc.

Harbinger has to return at some point, but at least we are getting Faith (not really into it myself, but I do see the appeal) featuring Animalia, Livewire and the Harada mini after HW2. Not sure who should write it either. Maybe Christos Gage if he’s still on good terms with DMG by the time that happens?

Based on what I heard, I’m not sure we will see another series from Jen Van Meter again at VALIANT anytime soon. Apparently there were some issues with getting the last series finished that caused some friction. I do love Dr. Mirage, though, and I’m glad she’ll be appearing in Faith as well. Her and Animalia make me want to at least check it out.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

otomo
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

I don't know that another faith book by the same writer is super compelling.

Bloodshot Rising Spirit is interesting. I am not familiar with the writers and it's weird not having Lemire after all this time. Anyone know deets?

Incursion sounds A+ legit 100%. So impressed with Diggle's Shadowman so I'm pumped on this.

And Livewire -- I want a Livewire mini. I don't know that I want this writer doing the Livewire mini. Art looks good.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I could have sworn someone here or maybe in an interview said we'd be getting another DOCTOR MIRAGE mini soon. I hope they weren't referencing the upcoming Faith series? Didn't know that about Jan Van Meter. That's a shame if they go with someone else.

I'm happy LIVEWIRE is getting a series finally, but I'm also worried it'll be watered down compared to what Dysart, Heisserer and Kindt did with her. Similar to Faith transitioning from Dysart to Jody Hauser's book. Having a lighter tone worked for Faith, mostly, because at her heart she's very light and positive.

BLOODSHOT does look rather Hulk-ish. I hate reading too much into these things but I wonder if this is a nod into the Bloodshot Hulk seen in BoD? But I really doubt it. I hope it's not another flashback series. Really odd that it's called RISING SPIRIT instead of OMEN.

INCURSION, I'll have to wait and see. I'm not sold on the new Shadowman. There's been no hook yet. But with Braithwaite on art I WILL definitely check it out.

And yeah I forgot about THE LIFE AND TIMES OF HARADA mini. I'm looking more forward to that than anything.

BugsySig, yeah I'd be down for Christos Gage writing Harbinger!

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

nonplayer wrote: Death of harbinger had harada kill off livewire but now shes to valuable as a strong female charater to kill off. She should be taken down after her terrorist act.
America is left defenceless against foreign powers. No satalites to spy or defences to shoot down missiles. Your all Americans what your presedent do at this point. All hands on ship take her but down no iffs and or buts.
Yeah Harbinger Wars 2 #1 didn't make sense logically or seem like a good way to set up Livewire as a sympathetic character. But there's 3 more issues so hopefully it will improve.
TheFerg714 wrote: lolwut? I'm a big fan of female action leads (Buffy is my favorite fictional character of all time), but women don't generally read comic books. Yea, they have their niche, and obviously they are welcome, but comics (specifically superhero shared-universes) have been, and always will be, a male-centric art form, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The fact that they picked Livewire and Faith over Harbinger raises some red flags for sure.
Well said. A new Harbinger book led by Faith and Livewire (or Faith vs. Livewire?) would have been something fresh that would have piqued my interest.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

BugsySig wrote:Kindt’s past Unity teams
Good god, please, god no. facepalm
kinggirlfriend wrote:I could have sworn someone here or maybe in an interview said we'd be getting another DOCTOR MIRAGE mini soon. I hope they weren't referencing the upcoming Faith series? Didn't know that about Jan Van Meter. That's a shame if they go with someone else.
Not trying to be a party pooper, because it seems like everyone here really liked Van Meter's Dr. Mirage, but I'd love to see the character utilized by another writer and preferably a different artist. I found Van Meter's writing to be a little bland, plot/exposition-heavy, and confusing. De la Torre's pencils don't help with the confusion at all.
I'm happy LIVEWIRE is getting a series finally, but I'm also worried it'll be watered down compared to what Dysart, Heisserer and Kindt did with her. Similar to Faith transitioning from Dysart to Jody Hauser's book. Having a lighter tone worked for Faith, mostly, because at her heart she's very light and positive
This, exactly. I tried to find a copy of The Wilds #1 at my LCS, but no luck. I'm intrigued, but very nervous for the same reasons you are. The bright cover and eccentric logo don't make me feel any less nervous.
BLOODSHOT does look rather Hulk-ish. I hate reading too much into these things but I wonder if this is a nod into the Bloodshot Hulk seen in BoD? But I really doubt it. I hope it's not another flashback series. Really odd that it's called RISING SPIRIT instead of OMEN.
I don't want a flashback series at all, but from the little I've seen of Lashley's work, I think it'll be pretty neat. The writers are kind of up-and-comers as well. I also looked for Cable #155 today, but only found 156.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

I’ve made more than one attempt to express how I feel about the announcement of these new titles. Each time I would eventually just cancel my post, because I don’t want to be negative and dredge up the whole DMG situation, because I know that everyone would rather just move on, with hopes that will continue to get great stories that feature our favorite Valiant characters.... :thumb:

LiveWire... Finally! :clap: Long overdue. Great choice on art, but I’m still tight that it’s not Heisserer writing this...

Faith... No interest in another Faith mini or ongoing, but I’ll be checking this out because it’ll also feature Dr Mirage and Animalia... :?

Bloodshot... No interest at all facepalm

Incursion... :censored:

Still, no mention of...

Divinity
Gilad
Harbinger
Psi-Lords
Rai
Savage

Highly Disappointed! But I’m still on board... :thumb:
#StayValiant

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric

Post by Phoenix8008 »

kinggirlfriend wrote:I'm not sold on the new Shadowman. There's been no hook yet.
Maybe no hook that you've liked yet, but my hook for that series is the promise of finding out the history of the loa, and I'm more invested in Jack now than I was in the original series. He's been through some sh!t now, and he is ready to change and get better. Those two threads woven together to bring him into full understanding of his powers and history will create a Shadowman I wanna see more of! Maybe some definition to his purpose and mission, and he's off to the races!
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Sheikhaljabal
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Van Lente
Favorite artist: Crain

Post by Sheikhaljabal »

My rather long - sorry - 2 cents: it seems they're betting more on minis: one ongoing (I doubt B:PRS will run over #12 give and take a couple of issues, à la Wrath of EW, and the others are a limited event, which has got me very curious (are we sure it's even strictly Shadowman related? It sounds like something between BOD and Rapture, so I imagine characters such as the Darque brothers or GATE's Armorines can drop by on this one) and two minis with female leads, one of them also showcasing other superheroines (which I hope is NOT the DOCTOR MIRAGE project we've read about, as she deserves more solo stories). I'll follow them all, but I hope there are more ongoings to come.
I agree with the universe dispersion trend: I love BRITANNIA (except for it's name) and like WAR MOTHER a lot, but on a comics line with roughly 7 issues a month, I would rather have just one elsewhen title per month. Cohesion and around 5 ongoings would feel better for those of us who are also continuity driven. Plus, Valiant still has many viable IPs from their previous eras (from GEOMANCER to DOCTOR TOMORROW, besides many minor ones) and retoolings like SECRET WEAPONS and Deathmate seem more constructive than what happened to GENERATION ZERO, although some of its characters are floating around.
I second the people who ask for more HARBINGER (which, frankly, was left in shambles) and RAI (someone teased a 4002 summer event, right?) and am awaiting on PSI-LORDS and the SAVAGE sequel. But give us permanently at least one among the Anni Paddas - I think it's Ivar (or Neela), TIMEWALKER's turn but a DELINQUENTS deux would also be welcome - and a NON psiot group book: the current line misses UNITY (done better, if I may) but more IMPERIUM would be Much appreciated.
Besides clarifying - Diggle on SHADOWMAN style - some nagging hanging plot threads (Gilad's daughter whereabouts, the Vine settling on Mars or the Foundation Zone status, for example), I hope VALIANT polishes back (as they did with Mothergod and Dr Eclipse in DIVINITY) their quite needed and unused historic villains such as the Immortal Enemy, Doctor Silk's Webnet or The Destroyer.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Sheikhaljabal wrote:My rather long - sorry - 2 cents: it seems they're betting more on minis: one ongoing (I doubt B:PRS will run over #12 give and take a couple of issues, à la Wrath of EW, and the others are a limited event, which has got me very curious (are we sure it's even strictly Shadowman related? It sounds like something between BOD and Rapture, so I imagine characters such as the Darque brothers or GATE's Armorines can drop by on this one) and two minis with female leads, one of them also showcasing other superheroines (which I hope is NOT the DOCTOR MIRAGE project we've read about, as she deserves more solo stories). I'll follow them all, but I hope there are more ongoings to come.
I agree with the universe dispersion trend: I love BRITANNIA (except for it's name) and like WAR MOTHER a lot, but on a comics line with roughly 7 issues a month, I would rather have just one elsewhen title per month. Cohesion and around 5 ongoings would feel better for those of us who are also continuity driven. Plus, Valiant still has many viable IPs from their previous eras (from GEOMANCER to DOCTOR TOMORROW, besides many minor ones) and retoolings like SECRET WEAPONS and Deathmate seem more constructive than what happened to GENERATION ZERO, although some of its characters are floating around.
I second the people who ask for more HARBINGER (which, frankly, was left in shambles) and RAI (someone teased a 4002 summer event, right?) and am awaiting on PSI-LORDS and the SAVAGE sequel. But give us permanently at least one among the Anni Paddas - I think it's Ivar (or Neela), TIMEWALKER's turn but a DELINQUENTS deux would also be welcome - and a NON psiot group book: the current line misses UNITY (done better, if I may) but more IMPERIUM would be Much appreciated.
Besides clarifying - Diggle on SHADOWMAN style - some nagging hanging plot threads (Gilad's daughter whereabouts, the Vine settling on Mars or the Foundation Zone status, for example), I hope VALIANT polishes back (as they did with Mothergod and Dr Eclipse in DIVINITY) their quite needed and unused historic villains such as the Immortal Enemy, Doctor Silk's Webnet or The Destroyer.
I like what you said except its DMG not Valiant now. Dmg is running the valiant charaters they arnt valiant. and dont forget about dead hands and the undieing one from wrath of the eternal warrior.
Ive decided if they break events that have happened I will drop books. Ie introducing new members of hard corp weve not hurd of. Dmg has alot of prooving before I will ever call them "Valiant" just because they bought the company doesnt mean they earn that title.

nwoslave
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite character: Spike

Post by nwoslave »

TheFerg714 wrote: Well I went to go check out Vita Ayala's Twitter, and looks like I'm already blocked...

I can confirm that a block list is being circulated among artists and writers on twitter that have anything to do with movetheneedle or d?&c. I found out I was blocked by al Ewing and never communicated with him on twitter. When I did to ask about immortal hulk boy did I get a surprise. Non the less I did not buy the book.

A lot are too insulated in their world and consider it hate speech to critique their work. I am blocked by Vita Ayala at the moment. And never communicated to her or him

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk