Rate your trust, Vfans moderators vs other board moderators

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Rate your trust, Vfans moderators vs other board moderators

Post by Sven the Returned »

1 to 10.

I trust most mods with a 2 rating and i trust our moderators to the point of an 8 or 9.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Rate your trust, Vfans moderators vs other board moderat

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I pretty much only go here or to r/Valiant on Reddit. I trust Greg here obviously. No number score needed, just a YES. And since I'm one of the mods on the reddit site, I can say I trust myself enough. Even if I do occasionally venture out into r/comicbooks or somewhere else, it would just be to browse or something. In general I would trust a mod anywhere until they give me some reason not to.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Phoenix8008 wrote:I pretty much only go here or to r/Valiant on Reddit. I trust Greg here obviously. No number score needed, just a YES. And since I'm one of the mods on the reddit site, I can say I trust myself enough. Even if I do occasionally venture out into r/comicbooks or somewhere else, it would just be to browse or something. In general I would trust a mod anywhere until they give me some reason not to.
If i have the time i start socking right away. Not to act like an idiot i just expect the mods to be petty about something.

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Valiant fans are some of the nicest people in the world. Even the a-hole fans are nice a-holes

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Ryan wrote:Valiant fans are some of the nicest people in the world. Even the a-hole fans are nice a-holes

I had no idea the people here are that close.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

:lol: I actually haven't met anyone from the board but just witnessing the interactions over the years Valiant fans are super pleasant and trustworthy, good people. I've seen other fan communities where people eventually start scamming each other, I haven't seen that here but admittedly there's a lot of stuff I don't know about. Except for the Art Nichols thing but I think that was just an artist scamming fans, which is different. Even when people argue it seems more like just different opinions about what's good or how the characters are portrayed.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Ryan wrote::lol: I actually haven't met anyone from the board but just witnessing the interactions over the years Valiant fans are super pleasant and trustworthy, good people. I've seen other fan communities where people eventually start scamming each other, I haven't seen that here but admittedly there's a lot of stuff I don't know about. Except for the Art Nichols thing but I think that was just an artist scamming fans, which is different. Even when people argue it seems more like just different opinions about what's good or how the characters are portrayed.
Besides tribal nonsense what scams can go on a message board?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

I've met lots of guys from the boards, both here in Florida and in California for Comic Con ... interesting people from a variety of backgrounds. I want to get up to NYCC someday and meet a few of those dudes.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Sven the Returned wrote: Besides tribal nonsense what scams can go on a message board?
I guess I'm thinking of kickstarter type scams that I've put money towards in the past. When there's a fan project here I never doubt that it will happen. I've always felt a lot of trust with v fans online, maybe because it's such a small group of the truly dedicated.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Greg can lay the smack down when he needs to...the original incarnation of the boards as well as the first couple of years of this incarnation had their moments but they generally got cleared up quickly.

most of the valiant members are quite like minded...a former member might even have said "hive minded"... :P

we are all here for the same reason...so we should be able to get along for the most part.

:twocents:
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Definitely the best kind of people hanging out around here in general, and the mods (re: Greg, primarily) are awesome. I have met a few fellow VFans members up here in Canada & was always glad of the experience.

I don't frequent message boards outside of this one, I tend to go to Facebook Groups for any other thing I like to nerd out about. But those can be hit-or-miss with a large cross section of random people in them... I'll never understand why some "fans" of things want to actually start conversations about why they hate something instead of why they like something...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

grendeljd wrote:I'll never understand why some "fans" of things want to actually start conversations about why they hate something instead of why they like something...
It's very hard for nerdy guys to also be hipsters, so online conversations give that opportunity. Just go to a fan site, pretend that you have standards higher than the other fans, diss the thing everyone likes, and then play the victim when you get called out on it. Nerd and hipster at the same time. It doesn't actually work, but people still try it.

The sad part is, actual nerd hipsters were doing that online in the 1990s... before it was cool. :P

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

Greg and Co. have done a great job here over the years.

There's not much flaming or drama anymore which might make things a little less exciting than they used to be 10 years ago or so, but on the other hand, the board seems to deal with the comics, stories, and business of Valiant more professionally. I attest this as there is history being made, versus us making our own with board projects and stuff like that.

Don't know what the future hold though with DMG.
I am selling "nothing" on ebay-yet.

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

Mod abuse is a real thing. I've never seen it here.

9.8 out of 10 because only jacky chan is perfect.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

wrunow wrote:There's not much flaming or drama anymore which might make things a little less exciting than they used to be 10 years ago or so...
I'll take less exciting every time. I have enough agita with everything else in life. I don't wanna weed through flame wars.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting

Post by David_Cody »

I'm a semi-nerd in that I don't "frequent" any boards outside here and FB. I have no qualms with the moderators here, but here is a magical space all its own.

Greg and Daniel have really kept the vibe going in terms of moderating this board. I still enjoy visiting here.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

ilzuccone wrote:Mod abuse is a real thing. I've never seen it here.

Same. There was this kid (he was 14 or 15) who was the mod of the Official Fighting Fantasy forums around 2003/2005, I swear I wanted to beat the living *SQUEE* out of that snotty punk *SQUEE* kid almost on a weekly basis.

Here, we are all grown ups and A-holes are not into Valiant that much,for the time being. Wait for the VinDieselisBloodshotBrah!!!! guy who's posting while he's lifting dumbbells and s*it.

I want to be here for the inevitable drama clash of Old School VH1, NuVEI fans (like me) and DMG-Movie dudes/dudettes :lol:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

ShadowTuga wrote:
ilzuccone wrote:Mod abuse is a real thing. I've never seen it here.

Same. There was this kid (he was 14 or 15) who was the mod of the Official Fighting Fantasy forums around 2003/2005, I swear I wanted to beat the living *SQUEE* out of that snotty punk *SQUEE* kid almost on a weekly basis.

Here, we are all grown ups and A-holes are not into Valiant that much,for the time being. Wait for the VinDieselisBloodshotBrah!!!! guy who's posting while he's lifting dumbbells and s*it.

I want to be here for the inevitable drama clash of Old School VH1, NuVEI fans (like me) and DMG-Movie dudes/dudettes :lol:
a mod over on hisstank.com locked a thread. He made sure he had the last word before he did. :lol: what a *SQUEE*.

:popcorn: <-me when the movie fans start logging on to VF.com!

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Ryan wrote::lol: I actually haven't met anyone from the board but just witnessing the interactions over the years Valiant fans are super pleasant and trustworthy, good people. I've seen other fan communities where people eventually start scamming each other, I haven't seen that here but admittedly there's a lot of stuff I don't know about. Except for the Art Nichols thing but I think that was just an artist scamming fans, which is different. Even when people argue it seems more like just different opinions about what's good or how the characters are portrayed.
Wait, what? Nichols did that? When? What did I miss? Or am I forgetting something?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

xodacia81 wrote:
Wait, what? Nichols did that? When? What did I miss? Or am I forgetting something?
It's ancient history, it should be somewhere on this board if you dig deep enough (I think). My memory is faulty but it might have involved Sonicdan and magnus and others spending a lot on original art and/or commissions that never appeared and Nichols went ghost. apologies if I'm remembering this wrong.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Ryan wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:
It's ancient history, it should be somewhere on this board if you dig deep enough (I think). My memory is faulty but it might have involved Sonicdan and magnus and others spending a lot on original art and/or commissions that never appeared and Nichols went ghost. apologies if I'm remembering this wrong.
Pretty close but it was MagnusR not SonicDan and I think something with this was resolved to a point

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Ryan wrote:Valiant fans are some of the nicest people in the world. Even the a-hole fans are nice a-holes

I had no idea the people here are that close.
I bet I’ve met between 25-30 peeps on this board.

Some of my BEST friends are guys I’ve met here.

There are guys I’ve met through this place that I would do just about anything for and would do the same for me.