ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Jun 17, 2018 8:17:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: August Solicitations
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:11:16 am 
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Shouldn't these be out now? July solicitations came out on the 17th of April...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: August Solicitations
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:20:31 am 
Harbinger rank: Shinia

I think Marvel solicitations come out on the third Monday of the month (which was yesterday), and Valiant solicitations come out the following day, so they should be out today.

Mike

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:21:02 am 
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Valiant fan since: QW / 2012
Favorite character: Nikki, Owen, Rai, Sunlight
It's probably going to be the same titles for August as for July.... except for collected editions.

I don't expect (m)any changes before the conclusion of HW2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:20:59 am 
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie

Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
This question gets asked every 3-4 months.

The solicitations almost always get released on the next to last Tuesday of the month. So probably today.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:16:20 pm 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
https://www.newsarama.com/40031-valiant ... tions.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:46:07 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.

Favorite character: Kris
Bl00dsh0t wrote:
Shouldn't these be out now? July solicitations came out on the 17th of April...

DOOM!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:50:19 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them

Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Pretty excited to see that Ninja-K issue #10 drawn by Stroman! Ryan Wynn has been sharing little teases of inked panels lately. Looks awesome. :thumb:

Lemire finishing his run on Bloodshot with #12 seems like an abrupt & weirdly timed end - I thought he still had a lot more Bloodshot stories to tell.

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:03:37 am 

Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Can we take a moment to appreciate that the Renegades are finally meeting Unity for the first time? I mean it took six years for it to finally happen, but the most of the pillars of Valiant Universe are finally in the same room together thanks to Harbinger Wars II. Faith is the only Harbinger character whose really interacted with the outside Valiant Universe until now.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:11:52 am 

Valiant fan since: QW / 2012
Favorite character: Nikki, Owen, Rai, Sunlight
SuperMage wrote:
Can we take a moment to appreciate that the Renegades are finally meeting Unity for the first time? I mean it took six years for it to finally happen, but the most of the pillars of Valiant Universe are finally in the same room together thanks to Harbinger Wars II. Faith is the only Harbinger character whose really interacted with the outside Valiant Universe until now.

Livewire: "Does Unity still officially exist? I can't keep track."

Six years and the timing for this event couldn't be any better or worse... depending on the outcome.

Anyone else wondering about Solomon, the Alpha, and Harada? Neither of them is featured on any cover or mentioned in any solicitations. A long time ago this event was supposed to be all about the Alpha.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:06:12 pm 
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.

Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Imperium/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Clay Mann
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

Six years and the timing for this event couldn't be any better or worse... depending on the outcome.

Anyone else wondering about Solomon, the Alpha, and Harada? Neither of them is featured on any cover or mentioned in any solicitations. A long time ago this event was supposed to be all about the Alpha.

I literally have no idea what HW2 is about at this point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:33:31 pm 
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!
Personal shoe-shopper for Atom!

Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath/Imperium/Britannia
Favorite writer: Venditti/Dysart/Van Lente
Favorite artist: Raul Allen
If Alpha and Solomon aren't a part of HW2 then I wonder when/where they will be addressed? I'm doubtful it will be part of Dysart's Harada/Imperium mini, since it was never part of his concept.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:30:44 pm 
Harbinger rank: Ichinensei
Harbinger rank: Ichinensei

BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

Yes, this is the first major story (maybe first story at all) that Valiant has not been clear about or marketed strongly. It is also the first story that they have done without Dinesh and Hunter. I think those two things are related

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07:45 pm 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
kinggirlfriend wrote:
If Alpha and Solomon aren't a part of HW2 then I wonder when/where they will be addressed? I'm doubtful it will be part of Dysart's Harada/Imperium mini, since it was never part of his concept.

lol Dysart probably wants to stay as far away from Roberts' *SQUEE* as possible! :lol:

Even if the story is great, I will be pretty disappointed if everything that was built up in Renegade was just abandoned. Otherwise.. what was the point?

According to all of the (very minimal) marketing, it looks like Alpha and Solomon are getting dropped like a f***ing rock.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:01:58 am 
Nice art! (I used to own that.)
Nice art! (I used to own that.)

Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa
It's not like they re-wrote Renegade(s) a dozen times trying to get it right.... :roll:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:37:46 am 
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi
Harbinger rank: Aonisaibushi

Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

Yes, this is the first major story (maybe first story at all) that Valiant has not been clear about or marketed strongly. It is also the first story that they have done without Dinesh and Hunter. I think those two things are related

Absolutely. As Gunslinger often says, it’s one of the great mysteries why they gave Harbinger to Rafer after he ran A&A into the ground. Add to that, why did they keep Robertson on the book with repeated hiatuses, especially when some were complaining about his art. They knew that HW2 was coming, and they didn’t give us an ongoing title to lead into it.

Admittedly there were hints of buildup in he early Bloodshot Salvation issues, but then they sent Ray off to the Deadside and then the future. They haven’t even really explained the timeline and how he is around to participate in HW2. I’ll assume that this is because they literally declined to give Lemire any editorial oversight...

Then, they completely restructure the event just months before the release to effectively remove Heisserer from the project despite being a fan favorite creator.

Why tease this event 2 years out and skip doing ANY real events last year when they did so little to set up this one? I really don’t feel that they set this event up for success, and after issue 1 I’m not really sold on the solidness of the story.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:36:31 am 

Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Thegreatmagnet wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

Absolutely. As Gunslinger often says, it’s one of the great mysteries why they gave Harbinger to Rafer after he ran A&A into the ground. Add to that, why did they keep Robertson on the book with repeated hiatuses, especially when some were complaining about his art. They knew that HW2 was coming, and they didn’t give us an ongoing title to lead into it.

Admittedly there were hints of buildup in he early Bloodshot Salvation issues, but then they sent Ray off to the Deadside and then the future. They haven’t even really explained the timeline and how he is around to participate in HW2. I’ll assume that this is because they literally declined to give Lemire any editorial oversight...

Then, they completely restructure the event just months before the release to effectively remove Heisserer from the project despite being a fan favorite creator.

Why tease this event 2 years out and skip doing ANY real events last year when they did so little to set up this one? I really don’t feel that they set this event up for success, and after issue 1 I’m not really sold on the solidness of the story.

Yeah I pretty much feel the same as you. I’ve read 95% of The comics Valiant has published since 2012 and this is the first time I’m seriously wanting to drop a book (I’ve not read Dead Drop). HW2 just feels “off”

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11:06 pm 
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
BLOODSHOT SALVATION #12
BRITANNIA: LOST EAGLES OF ROME #2 (of 4)
HARBINGER WARS 2 #4 (of 4)
NINJA-K #10-14 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
SHADOWMAN (2018) #6
X-O MANOWAR (2017) #18

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:23:06 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo
Favorite title: Divinity, savage,
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Thegreatmagnet wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

I would suspect Dinesh had it all planned out. But then he got wind of what was going down ie dmg take over. So maybe he backed out knowing he was going to be canned and why not why continue to build if the chines over lords want it they can have it and they can fail. Dmg stepped in and didnt follow through canned houissiur idea. Left alpha in the wind and changed course.
The hw2#0 issue was supposed to be a big deal and introduce alpha I have my doubts alpha will be explored after hw2.

To take out Solomon would under mine this series because it all started with him.
I'm not at all happy right now with dmg as alot ot you may already know. And yes Doom but fingers crossed in hopes they can do something. But each solicitation that comes out and no good news or any news gets my hopes sinking lower and lower.

Offline Profile