Anybody else wishes Netlfix would had gotten Valiant?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Anybody else wishes Netlfix would had gotten Valiant?

Post by Sven the Returned »

The timeline kinda works. Being the 3d biggest well connected comics universe would have made a nice splash for the investors, the diverse characters would have calmed the woke mob even if Netflix cares less and less about what the press has to say about them, my understanding is that they medle less than traditional studios with the storytelling.

it would had been nice and probably happened faster. V has the same edgy quality that Millarworld has which they bought has.
Last edited by Sven the Returned on Thu May 24, 2018 7:24:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Anybody else wishes Netlfix would had gotten Valiant?

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

YES! Especially during that debacle with Disney trying to get out of Netflix. Netflix should've swooped in. Although... Hulu Higher Ups, if you're reading this... maybe you can get something going... scratch that Amazon Prime people...Valiant Universe Streaming!

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Streaming is the future for sure. I’m already planning out what services I’ll be moving to after my current cable contract is up. Thrilled that Amazon Prime is likely saving The Expanse.

It would have been difficult for Netflix or anyone else to have jumped in on the VCU, however, as the rights were already in Sony’s possession—at least for Bloodshot and Harbinger; I’m not sure on others, though Q&W seems to be under someone’s banner as well.

Their best bet might be to produce their own shows/movies with an independent studio and then get them distributed exclusively on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime, if they can’t get them downright funded by them. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me, but I’m not sure DMG is looking beyond traditional cinema at this point. Could be shortsighted.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

The rumor at Phoenix Comic Con is that Dinesh was in talks with Ted somebody (some big shot) at Netflix to partner but DMG blocked it and then pushed Dinesh out and that Dinesh is working with Netflix and Amazon on something new now.

tanord

Post by tanord »

Sven the Returned wrote:The timeline kinda works. Being the 3d biggest well connected comics universe would have made a nice splash for the investors, the diverse characters would have calmed the woke mob even if Netflix cares less and less about what the press has to say about them, my understanding is that they medle less than traditional studios with the storytelling.

it would had been nice and probably happened faster. V has the same edgy quality that Millarworld has which they bought has.

It depends on how they handle the Millarworld movies in my opinion. What if the Millarworld movies turn out to be crap and the directors don't know what to do with the property? I want Valiant movies to be awesome, I don't want them to make Valiant movies just for the sake of making them just to put them out there.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

syzhang28 wrote:The rumor at Phoenix Comic Con is that Dinesh was in talks with Ted somebody (some big shot) at Netflix to partner but DMG blocked it and then pushed Dinesh out and that Dinesh is working with Netflix and Amazon on something new now.
It's a good time for a Schism.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Netflix owning Valiant would mean movies would never hit the big screen and be consigned as third-tier superhero material kept in the Netflix corral. I would never want this. And I have a hard time believing that Netflix would have any interest in producing comics. Just my 2 cents.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

jmatt wrote:Netflix owning Valiant would mean movies would never hit the big screen and be consigned as third-tier superhero material kept in the Netflix corral. I would never want this. And I have a hard time believing that Netflix would have any interest in producing comics. Just my 2 cents.
I meant movies only.
syzhang28 wrote:The rumor at Phoenix Comic Con is that Dinesh was in talks with Ted somebody (some big shot) at Netflix to partner but DMG blocked it and then pushed Dinesh out and that Dinesh is working with Netflix and Amazon on something new now.
Just curious, not questionning. What is your source?