Ninja-K pre order

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MoonknightX
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: The beginning
Ninja-K pre order

Post by MoonknightX »

I hope someone can help me because I'm confused.
I know that the Ninja-K pre order bundle was originally planned for issues 1 through 4 and then was expanded to issue 5.
Then today I picked up issue 6 and my store kindly put aside a pre order copy for me that I didn't even know existed. Was another pre order bundle solicited? I've searched and can't find anything.
So confused :?

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Ninja-K pre order

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

MoonknightX wrote:I hope someone can help me because I'm confused.
I know that the Ninja-K pre order bundle was originally planned for issues 1 through 4 and then was expanded to issue 5.
Then today I picked up issue 6 and my store kindly put aside a pre order copy for me that I didn't even know existed. Was another pre order bundle solicited? I've searched and can't find anything.
I thoaught it was just 1-5 too... did it have the pre order edition box on the front cover?

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

SURPRISE!

Valiant pulled a fast one on ya!
Moose

MoonknightX

Post by MoonknightX »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
MoonknightX wrote:I hope someone can help me because I'm confused.
I thoaught it was just 1-5 too... did it have the pre order edition box on the front cover?
Yes it has the pre order edition box on the front. I would post a photo if I could figure out how.

MoonknightX

Post by MoonknightX »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:SURPRISE!

What do you mean and are there more pre orders for this series?

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Jrosen »

I got it too. My LCS has a standing order from me to get all pre-sale editions, so I stopped asking about new ones.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

MoonknightX wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:SURPRISE!

What do you mean and are there more pre orders for this series?
No, I doubt it. I just found out because a friend who runs a comic shop posted about it (was it Tuesday, or Early Wednesday? Can't remember).
Moose

MoonknightX

Post by MoonknightX »

I still can't find anything official on this. Strange that there would be a pre order that you can't, you know, actually pre order.
I guess we need to wait and see if there will be a pre order edition for #7.

Paul Nolan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Paul Nolan »

If you search Bing for Ninja-K 6 pre order edition. A couple of the linked sites list the original 'pre order' order number SEP172024 next to the cover.

MoonknightX
Valiant expands pre-order bundles for NINJA-K and QUANTUM AN

Post by MoonknightX »

So ... a previously unsolicited Q&W #5 pre-order edition showed up today. But finally there is some official news!

Media Release -- Valiant is proud to announce that the pre-order bundles for two of the publisher's essential ongoing series are getting even bigger! By popular demand, Valiant can now reveal that both NINJA-K and QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) will be gaining additional pre-order editions for NINJA-K #7-9 and QUANTUM & WOODY #6-12!

Plus! Due to overwhelming support and feedback from retailers regarding pre-order editions, Valiant will forgo its previous policy and accept orders on pre-order bundles for NINJA-K #7-9 and QUANTUM AND WOODY #6-12 until the final order cut-off (FOC) date for the first issues of each bundle. Beginning with the APR18 order form, ALL pre-order edition bundles will be available to order through FOC from this point onward!

To learn more about each pre-order edition bundles and their deadlines, read on below!

NINJA-K #7-9 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
Written by CHRISTOS GAGE
Art by JUAN JOSÉ RYP
Covers by RAYMUND BERMUDEZ, RYAN BODENHEIM, and JESSE HAMM

"THE COALITION" spells doom!

For decades, the mysterious figure known as the Jonin trained and tutored the agents of MI6's Ninja Programme. In his hands, the men and women of Britain's most elite secret service were refined into more than spies… They became human weapons capable of inflicting extraordinary damage and defying the laws of nature itself. Now, after decades thought dead, this master killer has resurfaced…and recruited a new circle of undying, seemingly ageless powerhouses from across the Valiant Universe for reasons unknown. The Jonin's revenge will cast a long shadow – and, to meet it head on, Ninjak has assembled his own squadron of heavy-hitting heroes – including Livewire, Dr. Mirage, Punk Mambo, and GIN GR – for the ultimate black-ops mission!

The NINJA-K #7-9 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – three massively expanded editions of Valiant's essential ongoing series – can only be ordered as a set and must be ordered with your local comic shop by the final order date of April 23rd, 2018! Released monthly from May 2018 through July 2018, each PRE-ORDER EDITION comes packed with trade paperback-style extras and bonus content, including creator commentary, behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the comics, process character designs and artwork, and first looks at upcoming issues!

The only way to obtain these exclusive items is to pre-order all three issues by the final order date (FOC) of April 23rd, 2018! No more copies will be made available beyond that date and subsequent issues will not be offered in later solicitations!

Renowned writer Christos Gage (Netflix's Daredevil) and incendiary artist Juan José Ryp (BRITANNIA) unleash the next chapter in an international super-spy thriller, colliding Valiant's newest superteams together in an untold show of force!

$11.97 [3 issues] 40 pgs, issues | T+ | On Sale MAY 16th (FOC – 04/23/18)

QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #6-12 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
Written by DANIEL KIBBLESMITH
Art by KANO
Covers by JAY FABARES, ROB GUILLORY, ANTONIO FUSO, DONOVAN SANTIAGO, MATT HORAK, RYAN LEE, and PAULINA GANUCHEAU

AN ALL-NEW JUMPING-ON POINT! A TIE-IN TO HARBINGER WARS 2…?

"KLANG, KLANG…KLUNK?" In the ultimate display of power, Livewire has plunged the United States into darkness. From coast to coast, once-vital technology has now been rendered worthless… No cars… No phones… No quantum bands?!? Without the high-tech gauntlets that bind them together, the world's worst superhero team have 24 hours before they disintegrate into nothingness…Now, stripped of their powers and unable to "klang," can Quantum and Woody become the heroes they've always aspired to be and secure the streets of the nation's capital…before time runs out?

The QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #6-12 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – seven massively expanded editions of Valiant's explosive ongoing series – can only be ordered as a set and must be ordered with your local comic shop by the final order date of May 7th, 2018! Released monthly from May 2018 through November 2018, each PRE-ORDER EDITION comes packed with trade paperback-style extras and bonus content, including creator commentary, behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the comics, process character designs and artwork, and first looks at upcoming issues!

The only way to obtain these exclusive items is to pre-order all seven issues by the final order date (FOC) of May 7th, 2018! No more copies will be made available beyond that date and subsequent issues will not be offered in later solicitations!

$27.93 [7 issues] 40 pgs, issues | T+ | On Sale MAY 30th (FOC – 05/07/18)

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

This is fantastic news! Glad to see these are back!!
Moose

whovian
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter

Post by whovian »

This stinks!

So I get this e-mail from DCBS:

"Hi,
Issue #6 of Ninja-K was erroneously not offered in a pre-order bundle by Valiant at the time of solicitation. This issue does have a pre-order edition and has been filled to match the original pre-order bundle for 1-4. If you would like to have this item added to your account at the price of $2.59, please reply to this e-mail, and we will be happy to add it.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

This makes it sound like I am stuck having to pay for two copies of Ninja-K 6: the one I pre-ordered and now this official pre-order bundle version if I want it. I've kicked my argument back with them. Right now I think Valiant sucks more than DE ever could!

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

whovian wrote:This stinks!

"Hi,
Issue #6 of Ninja-K was erroneously not offered in a pre-order bundle by Valiant at the time of solicitation. This issue does have a pre-order edition and has been filled to match the original pre-order bundle for 1-4. If you would like to have this item added to your account at the price of $2.59, please reply to this e-mail, and we will be happy to add it.
Thank you,
Customer Service"

This makes it sound like I am stuck having to pay for two copies of Ninja-K 6: the one I pre-ordered and now this official pre-order bundle version if I want it. I've kicked my argument back with them. Right now I think Valiant sucks more than DE ever could!
But you don't have to buy it, so what's the problem?
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

whovian
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by whovian »

jeremycoe wrote:

"Hi,
Thank you,
Customer Service"

According to DCBS I do have to buy it -- the cost is $2.59. I already paid that a couple months ago when I pre-ordered one of the regular covers. Now I'm expected to do the same for an issue of Quantum and Woody that Valiant forgot to solicit as a pre-order bundle. Bottom line is I'm stuck buying two copies of each issue because DCBS won't swap out the covers.

jeremycoe
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

whovian wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:

"Hi,
Thank you,
Customer Service"

According to DCBS I do have to buy it -- the cost is $2.59. I already paid that a couple months ago when I pre-ordered one of the regular covers. Now I'm expected to do the same for an issue of Quantum and Woody that Valiant forgot to solicit as a pre-order bundle. Bottom line is I'm stuck buying two copies of each issue because DCBS won't swap out the covers.
You already bought the regular cover, or whatever cover it is you bought. You don't have to buy the pre-order edition.

From what I understand no one "forgot" to solicit anything. Valiant made the decision to not offer pre-order editions on some of their books going forward. People complained. We complained. They listened to us and brought them back, but the normal solicitation window has passed.

It's hard for me to find fault in Valiant for this. I like the pre-order editions, but if they ended I'd just buy the regular editions. They listened to the complaints and made something happen to please their fans. The fact that you are "stuck" buying the regular edition is the risk you run with a company like DCBS where you pre-order your books. I'm not ragging on DCBS here either, it's just the nature of their business model. It's not Valiant's fault.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

AZBarbarian
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Secret Weapons
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by AZBarbarian »

Am I the only one who has generally been disappointed with the Pre-Order Editions? In general, I have found that the art on the pre-orders is lackluster as compared to the regular Cover A in nearly every case.

Rethinking my philosophy on Pre-Orders.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

AZBarbarian wrote:Am I the only one who has generally been disappointed with the Pre-Order Editions? In general, I have found that the art on the pre-orders is lackluster as compared to the regular Cover A in nearly every case.

I am quite happy with the pre-order editions but I don't really care whether the covers are better or worse than the regular cover A's. Sometimes they are, sometimes they don't. I'm getting these because of the extra content and, more importantly, to support Valiant... my favorite comic book publisher (and as of now nothing's changed this).

Sunlight on Snow

This week I received my pre-order edition of Ninja-K #6. What a surprise! :clap:

Is this the first pre-order edition that doesn't waste two pages with the staff commentary?

The sketch of Rocafort's interlocking cover is brilliant.

Sunlight on Snow
Re: Valiant expands pre-order bundles for NINJA-K and QUANTU

MoonknightX wrote:So ... a previously unsolicited Q&W #5 pre-order edition showed up today. But finally there is some official news!

Media Release -- Valiant is proud to announce that the pre-order bundles for two of the publisher's essential ongoing series are getting even bigger! By popular demand, Valiant can now reveal that both NINJA-K and QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) will be gaining additional pre-order editions for NINJA-K #7-9 and QUANTUM & WOODY #6-12!

Plus! Due to overwhelming support and feedback from retailers regarding pre-order editions, Valiant will forgo its previous policy and accept orders on pre-order bundles for NINJA-K #7-9 and QUANTUM AND WOODY #6-12 until the final order cut-off (FOC) date for the first issues of each bundle. Beginning with the APR18 order form, ALL pre-order edition bundles will be available to order through FOC from this point onward!

To learn more about each pre-order edition bundles and their deadlines, read on below!

NINJA-K #7-9 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
Written by CHRISTOS GAGE
Art by JUAN JOSÉ RYP
Covers by RAYMUND BERMUDEZ, RYAN BODENHEIM, and JESSE HAMM

"THE COALITION" spells doom!

For decades, the mysterious figure known as the Jonin trained and tutored the agents of MI6's Ninja Programme. In his hands, the men and women of Britain's most elite secret service were refined into more than spies… They became human weapons capable of inflicting extraordinary damage and defying the laws of nature itself. Now, after decades thought dead, this master killer has resurfaced…and recruited a new circle of undying, seemingly ageless powerhouses from across the Valiant Universe for reasons unknown. The Jonin's revenge will cast a long shadow – and, to meet it head on, Ninjak has assembled his own squadron of heavy-hitting heroes – including Livewire, Dr. Mirage, Punk Mambo, and GIN GR – for the ultimate black-ops mission!

The NINJA-K #7-9 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – three massively expanded editions of Valiant's essential ongoing series – can only be ordered as a set and must be ordered with your local comic shop by the final order date of April 23rd, 2018! Released monthly from May 2018 through July 2018, each PRE-ORDER EDITION comes packed with trade paperback-style extras and bonus content, including creator commentary, behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the comics, process character designs and artwork, and first looks at upcoming issues!

The only way to obtain these exclusive items is to pre-order all three issues by the final order date (FOC) of April 23rd, 2018! No more copies will be made available beyond that date and subsequent issues will not be offered in later solicitations!

Renowned writer Christos Gage (Netflix's Daredevil) and incendiary artist Juan José Ryp (BRITANNIA) unleash the next chapter in an international super-spy thriller, colliding Valiant's newest superteams together in an untold show of force!

$11.97 [3 issues] 40 pgs, issues | T+ | On Sale MAY 16th (FOC – 04/23/18)

QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #6-12 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
Written by DANIEL KIBBLESMITH
Art by KANO
Covers by JAY FABARES, ROB GUILLORY, ANTONIO FUSO, DONOVAN SANTIAGO, MATT HORAK, RYAN LEE, and PAULINA GANUCHEAU

AN ALL-NEW JUMPING-ON POINT! A TIE-IN TO HARBINGER WARS 2…?

"KLANG, KLANG…KLUNK?" In the ultimate display of power, Livewire has plunged the United States into darkness. From coast to coast, once-vital technology has now been rendered worthless… No cars… No phones… No quantum bands?!? Without the high-tech gauntlets that bind them together, the world's worst superhero team have 24 hours before they disintegrate into nothingness…Now, stripped of their powers and unable to "klang," can Quantum and Woody become the heroes they've always aspired to be and secure the streets of the nation's capital…before time runs out?

The QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #6-12 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – seven massively expanded editions of Valiant's explosive ongoing series – can only be ordered as a set and must be ordered with your local comic shop by the final order date of May 7th, 2018! Released monthly from May 2018 through November 2018, each PRE-ORDER EDITION comes packed with trade paperback-style extras and bonus content, including creator commentary, behind-the-scenes looks at the creation of the comics, process character designs and artwork, and first looks at upcoming issues!

The only way to obtain these exclusive items is to pre-order all seven issues by the final order date (FOC) of May 7th, 2018! No more copies will be made available beyond that date and subsequent issues will not be offered in later solicitations!

$27.93 [7 issues] 40 pgs, issues | T+ | On Sale MAY 30th (FOC – 05/07/18)
Dang! Why didn't I check this post/thread earlier?

Now this sucks!

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

AZBarbarian wrote:Am I the only one who has generally been disappointed with the Pre-Order Editions? In general, I have found that the art on the pre-orders is lackluster as compared to the regular Cover A in nearly every case.

I gave up on pre-orders a few months back.

They don't add much content anymore for me to justify duplicate copies. I agree that the cover art isn't particularly interesting and worst of all, the center location (which I get for production reasons) has started interfering with centerfold spreads. Plus, I order through DCBS too and they do such a great deal on 50% off cover when you get the all-Cover A bundle, I was basically just burning money on the pre-order versions.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246