Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons Resigns

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons Resigns

Post by Chiclo »

agent_graves wrote:
depluto wrote:
I feel trapped in a loop.
Me too.... :lol:

Beware Cyclops
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by Beware Cyclops »

Chiclo wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
depluto wrote:

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Beware Cyclops wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
depluto wrote:
I feel trapped in a loop... :? facepalm
#StayValiant

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

Quotes from Newsarama's coverage on C2E2
Fan Q: When's Rai coming back?

Freeman said they're working on a new series, with Boller adding that "Rai is on the Horizon."

Freeman: i think what we've said over and over - we have 6 to 8 tiles we put out every month. We're always developing more books. Yes, you'll see more Archer & Armstrong.

Pierce adds that certain things will be launched out of Harbinger Wars 2, but wouldn't say what.

Freeman relates that the Rai pitch they're developing now was an unsolicited pitch.

a fan asked about how the DMG buyout will affect Valiant in the future.

Freeman says that the buyout helps them, in bringing in new talent - like Mel Caylo and Karl Bollers. DMG has stepped in, he said, to help them continue doing what they're doing.

Pierce said every conversation he has had with DMG is positive, when DMG offering higher budgets for things that Valiant even asks for.

Caylo adds that he works out of the DMG offices in L.A. while Valiant's offices in NYC.

Caylo relays that he believes DMG wants Valiant to continue publishing and creating comics for these characters. He admits there will be growing pains, but he wouldn't have joined if he didn't personally believe in it.
From the looks of things, it seems like Mel Caylo works for DMG first and foremost. He should be considered both a Valiant Editor, and a DMG representative considering the he works in DMG's offices.

Dan Didio was also new to comics when he became DC's Vice President -- Editorial. He's had his ups and downs. The difference is that even Dan Didio had experience in the creative field, and was himself a writer on at least one successful animated series, ReBoot. Eric Sullivan on the other hand has literally no history in the creative field. He's an accountant. That's it. He has literally no experience in the entertainment industry outside of finances. That is a highly unusual hire. I have to imagine he'll perform a similar to role that Diane Nelson does for DC Entertainment. Even Diane Nelson had experience in the creative field. She has the brand manager for Harry Potter before become the President of DC.

Time to wait, and see.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

SuperMage wrote:Quotes from Newsarama's coverage on C2E2
Fan Q: When's Rai coming back?

Freeman said they're working on a new series, with Boller adding that "Rai is on the Horizon."

Freeman: i think what we've said over and over - we have 6 to 8 tiles we put out every month. We're always developing more books. Yes, you'll see more Archer & Armstrong.

Pierce adds that certain things will be launched out of Harbinger Wars 2, but wouldn't say what.

Freeman relates that the Rai pitch they're developing now was an unsolicited pitch.

a fan asked about how the DMG buyout will affect Valiant in the future.

Freeman says that the buyout helps them, in bringing in new talent - like Mel Caylo and Karl Bollers. DMG has stepped in, he said, to help them continue doing what they're doing.

Pierce said every conversation he has had with DMG is positive, when DMG offering higher budgets for things that Valiant even asks for.

Caylo adds that he works out of the DMG offices in L.A. while Valiant's offices in NYC.

Caylo relays that he believes DMG wants Valiant to continue publishing and creating comics for these characters. He admits there will be growing pains, but he wouldn't have joined if he didn't personally believe in it.
From the looks of things, it seems like Mel Caylo works for DMG first and foremost. He should be considered both a Valiant Editor, and a DMG representative considering the he works in DMG's offices.

Dan Didio was also new to comics when he became DC's Vice President -- Editorial. He's had his ups and downs. The difference is that even Dan Didio had experience in the creative field, and was himself a writer on at least one successful animated series, ReBoot. Eric Sullivan on the other hand has literally no history in the creative field. He's an accountant. That's it. He has literally no experience in the entertainment industry outside of finances. That is a highly unusual hire. I have to imagine he'll perform a similar to role that Diane Nelson does for DC Entertainment. Even Diane Nelson had experience in the creative field. She has the brand manager for Harry Potter before become the President of DC.

Time to wait, and see.
Valiant Editor??? No way ... he is a PR guy, period. He is not an editor in any sense of the word. Also keep in mind he got hired having NO KNOWLEDGE of the VEI Universe or characters. He is playing catch-up big time.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

It's over. In my opinion, VEI is done for and DMG (DMVEI? VH4?) is going to be an entirely different beast altogether. I will always see VEI as X-O Manowar-to-Harbinger Wars II, 2012-mid2018. We'll see what happens next.

In a way, I'm kind of excited? I've sort of processed all my grief since Dinesh was canned, so this is just more wood for the fire. This just seals the deal. VEI is dead. Long live Valiant. Being a comic fan means loving change. I'm ready for more news. I'm ready for book announcements. I'm ready for the FCBD issue. I'm ready to see what the Valiant U will look like by this time next year. I'm just ready to move on. :?

If the books suck, I'll start buying different comics, if they stay good, I'll continue loving Valiant.

Jace
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite artist: Clay Mann

Post by Jace »

You can hear DBS and I talk about the State of Valiant in the latest Valiant Sunday Episode

https://lrmonline.com/news/episode-281/

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

If DMG is all about the dollar. How about we list the things that the new Regime could do that would send us into a rage of de-promotion (is that a word? can it be?) that would ensure all their hopes and dreams of taking the Valiant 'IP' to the Marvel level? I mean good business would be to read this board. They know it exists.

For me, #1 is betraying the established continuity. I'm here because I'm tired of new #1s (marvel) and complicated retcon/still counts (DC). I believe (because I do this) people will seek out where it all began if the quality stays top notch. Perserve the quality and embrace the LONG TAIL THEORY of products.

#2 is losing more than one of the key contributors of VEI's success: KINDT, LEMIRE, VENDITTE, DYSART (no specific order, keep these dudes happy--and get them back to being more involved).

#3 They don't take DMG's money to hire the earth shaker talent they could afford. I.E. Making higher offers than the big two to snag talents like (not necessarily) Cates, Hickman, Remender, Bunn, etc. that have their own fan base that will expand the brands recognition.

#4 They stick to the 'icons'. I want more than XO, NINJAK, BLOODSHOT. Keep expanding the universe, Brittannia, WarMother, Dr. Mirage, Savage, Divinity and more please...

#5 They become Dynamite.

#6 It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n' roll. Some Aussie told me that in a dream once, and if they act like they are on the top without continuing the hard work of keeping their present fans happy, then good luck. Vin Diesel is awesome but let's recall the Last Witch Hunter... oh none of us recall that movie--that's for the best.

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Jrosen »

I just got back from spending 3 days at C2E2, and while I was not able to attend the Valiant panels do to some family obligations, I did spend about 30 minutes talking to Atom!, Mel, and Karl.

Here's my take. These guys are really high on the Valiant brand, and I don't get the feeling that they are going to let up on the quality of the stories that we expect from the VEI universe.

That said, they readily admit that things will be different, but that doesn't mean things will go down the tubes. Quite the contrary, I'm expecting Karl to put his mark on the brand and make things even stronger. He seems genuinely excited about the VEI universe, and the way he was talking, he really wants to build out the universe to make it bigger and stronger. All three guys were adamant that DMG is not pushing Valiant to change the types of comics that are being produced. All three guys were also very adamant that the universe will not undergo any type of retcon. The universe will stay intact.

I also get the gripes about the lack of tie-ins to HW2. Armor Wars was my favorite event, and I wish that they could design HW2 to incorporate all aspects of the universe. However, as Atom was telling me, Armor Wars essentially culled their entire line up for the summer, and it made it very challenging to publish and sell books to new readers. Reading between the lines, this seems to signal, to me, that VEI is still very cautious and is looking for ways to make sure that the VEI isn't daunting to new readers. While that mantra would reduce the potential for an amazing and fully immersed crossover event, it doesn't necessarily limit the story or the weaken the event itself.

I also spent some time with Matt Kindt, and he was also extremely positive about what is going on at Valiant. He understands that change can be nerve wrecking, but he was confident that the editors will let the artists and creators make the best possible stories.

In all, I'm very optimistic about where things are headed. I am confident that the team that is in place will push things ahead and keep things strong. I'm not completely drinking the Kool-Aid, but I am excited about the future.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Here's my thoughts/rampant speculation about the Warren/Dinesh Valiant vs the current Valiant:

Dino - a fan first and foremost. Dude was one of us, literally. As such, he played to us as his strength (smartly in the beginning as we were the only ones who were interested in buying when they launched - we were the keepers of the flame for the decades that Valiant was dead). He was always interacting with fans, setting up promotions for fans, always thinking of us. Of course we loved the guy - he loved us and threw us lots of bones.

Warren - all business, all product. He didn't care about us in the sense that Dino did. He cared about the product. He cared about us because we were the audience/consumers of his product. He also knew Valiant needed to extend its reach beyond us. He ran his part of VEI like a sports team runs its business - you got your season ticket holders (that's us) and your single ticket buyers. Warren saw us a (mostly) sure thing. He didn't bend over backwards to please us. He made sure to keep us happy, but he was trying to convert the single ticket buyers into season ticket holders and trying to get them to buy more tickets in general. He appreciated us, but didn't "love us" the way Dino did.

This worked well for them. Dino made us happy while Warren made sure to grow the audience.

I met Warren and talked to him a long time in 2015. Dude was great and, like I said, was all business. Not saying he wasn't a great guy, but he was always working on making Valiant books something bigger.

I've talked to Dino, here and on social media and email. I can vouch for his love of Valiant and its fans.

I met Atom and Fred (played at their poker table at the 2015 SDCC game). Atom is a different sort and I feel that's why he's stayed on (rampant speculation inbound): Atom is a wonderful guy, so I don't want anyone taking this as me slamming him, but...

He doesn't really care about us (the superfans - the season ticket holders) at all. We're the backup side piece he keeps around when he gets dumped by the hot girl. That's the feeling I got every time I communicated with him about Valiant. Every time I tried to get my local retailer to call him/email him to try to get an incentive sent to his shop. He looked at it as marketing only - the way an ad guy does (which is understandable as that was his role as the marketing guy). In his mind, answering my email was not worth the time because my retailer ordered almost nothing except what I bought. I was already buying everything, so going out of his way to try to set my retailers up to order some more to get an incentive was was a waste. He'd get more return on investment greasing the big dogs' wheels (like Paradise Comics) who really move Valiant products to new customers. Like I said, this isn't a slam of Atom, I'm just pointing out how I personally perceived my interactions with these people. (I loved playing poker with him and Fred. Awesome guys. Super down to earth. I'm not disparaging Atom at all even though it seems that way.) In reality, Atom was probably doing what was best for VEI more than Dino, to be honest. But as a "season ticket holder" it rubbed me the same way that it does when my team gives a better deal to the single ticket guy every once and a while.

With Dino and Warren gone and Atom taking a larger role in the company, I worry that DMG has decided that Atom's approach is the more prudent (and they may be right). I worry that we will be seen more as a liability to their future plans and they may take Valiant in a direction we hate. I fear they become Marvel 2.0.

Dino and Warren knew what the heart of Valiant was. They didn't keep everything like Shooter's Valiant, but they kept the parts that mattered. It wasn't perfect, but it was a wonderful ride.

I will still stay all in, until I decide VEI is no longer "Valiant at heart".

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Jrosen wrote:In all, I'm very optimistic about where things are headed. I am confident that the team that is in place will push things ahead and keep things strong. I'm not completely drinking the Kool-Aid, but I am excited about the future.
That's kind of where I'm at.

1) I don't believe that DMG is going to destroy the brand.
2) Change is sometimes good. And always inevitable.
3) Interesting times lay ahead.

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Pour a little of that Livewire Raspberry IPA on the block for Warren and maybe drink a few too.
Multum In Parvo

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

agent_graves wrote:
Beware Cyclops wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
depluto wrote:
greg wrote: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol: I replied to yet another post about Warren resigning with the link to this topic. I think the topics then got merged to keep from being repetitive, so the link to this topic is now in this topic.

If you're still confused, let me write it out in BASIC pseudocode for you guys.

10 Discuss Warren resigning
20 Goto 40
30 Post Another Topic About Warren resigning
40 Goto 10

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Valiant Editor-in-Chief Warren Simons Resigns

Post by BugsySig »

https://www.cbr.com/joe-illidge-valiant ... ve-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Exec Editor, Joe Illidge. Well known around comics and has a lot of connections I’m sure. Was part of Milestone and, more recently, Lion Forge and the Catalyst Prime launch. Known for trying to increase diversity in comics. I think he’s a good hire.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

BugsySig wrote: https://www.cbr.com/joe-illidge-valiant ... ve-editor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Exec Editor, Joe Illidge. Well known around comics and has a lot of connections I’m sure. Was part of Milestone and, more recently, Lion Forge and the Catalyst Prime launch. Known for trying to increase diversity in comics. I think he’s a good hire.
I like Joe, he’s done a phenomenal job with the Catalyst Prime line over at Lion Forge. He’s also real open to fans on social media, (Twitter) it’ll be interesting to see what he does with Valiant... :thumb:
#StayValiant

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

greg wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
Beware Cyclops wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
depluto wrote:I feel trapped in a loop.
:lol: I replied to yet another post about Warren resigning with the link to this topic. I think the topics then got merged to keep from being repetitive, so the link to this topic is now in this topic.

20 Goto 40
40 Goto 10
I feel trapped in a loop. But the code helps.

Edit: SINCE WHEN CAN WE ONLY EMBED 6 QUOTES WITHIN EACH OTHER! THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF COMMUNISM!

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote:
greg wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
Beware Cyclops wrote:
Chiclo wrote: I feel trapped in a loop.

20 Goto 40
40 Goto 10
I feel trapped in a loop. But the code helps.

Edit: SINCE WHEN CAN WE ONLY EMBED 6 QUOTES WITHIN EACH OTHER! THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF COMMUNISM!
The limit was 5 quotes embedded. I changed it to 6 when I posted earlier today. :lol:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

lorddunlow wrote:I fear they become Marvel 2.0.
I get what you're saying but I'd rather see VEI have a third of Marvel's market share than worry about whether the hard core fan base (me included) is coddled. :twocents:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

jmatt wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:I fear they become Marvel 2.0.
I get what you're saying but I'd rather see VEI have a third of Marvel's market share than worry about whether the hard core fan base (me included) is coddled. :twocents:
Having nothing to do with coddling a niche crowd of hardcore fans, I would prefer to read good Valiant comics, period. Nobody will win any awards or accrue any significant social status for spending money on supporting garbage just to be able to say they're a true fan.

Not that you're saying that, jmatt - I just mean that the most important thing should be retaining the quality level of the comics regardless of the particulars of the audience you're targeting. You don't lose a fan base by making good comics - that should always be the main path to follow even if the ultimate goal becomes maximizing earnings. Some companies lose sight of that, I don't want to see it happen at Valiant.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Despite my earlier posts with the "everything's fine" dog meme, I do want to say that I intend to remain open minded & continue to support new Valiant comics that I enjoy reading. Whether or not I expect things to change for the worse, I do hope to be pleasantly surprised by whatever direction the ship gets steered in from here on out.

But...

While a lot of people seem to have found their own personal justifications about it, I still don't like the way this whole DMG takeover has played out. It just doesn't sit well with me. It is still a great wrong that has been done to Dino, and I personally still feel loyalty to him & what he did to build this company back up. The forced resignation is just as bad as when Shooter was forced out. Its not a simple matter of "just business', or things changing over time, its happening because of a deliberately malign act.

Warren's resignation feels like the right response to that - I don't know how much it factors in to him leaving, but I like to think it plays a big part. Continuing to support Valiant beyond Dino, Warren & the original team of people is a lot less important to me. Sure, I love seeing these characters remaining in print, but as more people leave, the less inclined I feel towards keeping unflagging loyalty to Valiant as a company. Dino was a huge blow to that to begin with, and as the original magic dissipates, we're left with another comic company run by another corporate agenda.

I have basically said two things here that seem to contradict each other. That is what I struggle with over all the recent changes.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperMage
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

Here's how I see things: It's too soon to make judgments on what VE2 will be like. Until Harbinger Wars 2, we won't have read any books that have been edited under the new leadership. We don't know any of these new guys well enough to judge them. DMG is Valiant's new parent company. But it's just that, a parent company. The actions of Disney are not a reflection on Marvel. The actions of Warner Bros. are not a reflection on DC. The actions of DMG should not be a reflection on Valiant. DMG isn't the one that will be publishing comics. They've made it clear they want to focus on financing their projects in other media while Valiant will remain autonomous. I'm going to give the new editorial a chance. It's too early to know what the new editorial will prioritize.

I think that all of the changes in staff have to do with loyalty. Numerous creators are making personal decisions based on their personal history with Valiant. Valiant is a new company, and chances are they don't feel that same sense of loyalty to this new Valiant. That's their own decision. Chances are Karl, Mel, and Joe will want to bring in writers and artists to Valiant that they've worked with in the past. That happens in every business when there's a new boss. They bring in their friends from their old jobs. Everything will change, but that doesn't mean it has to be for the worst.

The same way creators are making their choices, fans will make their choices. Some fans chose to not read VEI, because it didn't have the Gold Key characters. Those readers missed out on Imperium, Divinity, Britannia, Bloodshot Reborn, etc. Some fans refused to read DC comics after the New 52. They missed out on Scott Synder's Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Justice League Dark, etc. Some fans chose not read Ultimate Marvel anymore after Ultimatum "killed the line". That basically killed the imprint. They missed out on Miles Morales. Although that last one might have be justified. Still even the Ultimate Universe has been teased at making a comeback.

I'm staying on board. The new Valiant is different. Different editors. Likely different writers. Likely different artists. It's a fresh start. I'll treat it as such. I plan on giving Mel Kaylo, Joe Illidge, and Karl Bollers the opportunity to prove themselves. From what I've seen, I already like these guys. I look forward to see what their vision for the Valiant Universe is. I will reserve judgement until then.

I'm also curious about this quote from C2E2.
Next up they're talking about the BLOODSHOT movie starring Vin Diesel. Caylo says when the movie comes out, Valiant will have an ambitious comic publishing plan to surround it.
Sounds like they're already planning the Summer of Valiant 2019.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

BugsySig wrote:https://www.cbr.com/joe-illidge-valiant ... ve-editor/

:censored: that's the last thing Valiant needs.

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

TheFerg714 wrote:

Is diversity still an issue?? I mean, the Valiant Universe is already well diversified, so this should be a non-issue. We not still pushing the white heterosexual male as the alpha and omega, are we? I’m Black. Some of my favorite Valiant characters are black, (Divinity, LiveWire, Shadowman, Animalia) some are white, (Ninjak, Roku, XO, Punk Mambo) and some are of asian decent, (Harada, Dr Mirage, Tama, Bleeding Monk) so I don’t see what’s the problem, nothing Joe can do wrong to an already well diverse Valiant Universe... :thumb:
#StayValiant

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

agent_graves wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:

Is diversity still an issue?? I mean, the Valiant Universe is already well diversified, so this should be a non-issue. We not still pushing the white heterosexual male as the alpha and omega, are we? I’m Black. Some of my favorite Valiant characters are black, (Divinity, LiveWire, Shadowman, Animalia) some are white, (Ninjak, Roku, XO, Punk Mambo) and some are of asian decent, (Harada, Dr Mirage, Tama, Bleeding Monk) so I don’t see what’s the problem, nothing Joe can do wrong to an already well diverse Valiant Universe... :thumb:
Well let's hope you're right. It's just that a lot of the time, when someone says that diversity is important, it's usually just a front for trying to shove political bull :censored: down everybody's throats.

I just don't want Valiant infected by the same identity politics that's so rampant amongst every other publisher (especially Marvel).

agent_graves

Post by agent_graves »

TheFerg714 wrote:
agent_graves wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:

Well let's hope you're right. It's just that a lot of the time, when someone says that diversity is important, it's usually just a front for trying to shove political bull :censored: down everybody's throats.

I just don't want Valiant infected by the same identity politics that's so rampant amongst every other publisher (especially Marvel).
I feel you. We’re all waiting patiently (some better than others) to see how this unfolds. A year from now will really be able to see what DMG brought or took off the table... :thumb:
#StayValiant