NEW BRITANNIA

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: NEW BRITANNIA

Post by Shadowman99 »

Everyone seems psyched that this new Britannia title has 'appeared' since the DMG takeover, but given the proximity to the release date of this announcement, doesn't that suggest that this title was already commissioned and being worked on whilst the takeover was occurring?

I might be wrong, but this seems like a Dinesh-era remnant to me
:?
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

Definitely, as is/was Dysart's Harada...it'll probably be a while before the DMG era titles start hitting. still great news that we're not being told it'll come out in 2019. Post HW2 we really don't know if anything new is coming... and hopefully that's because HW2 is going to be big enough that they have to keep us spoiler free... hopefully...

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

jmatt wrote:
grendeljd wrote:I think the cross over I'd like to see most would be with Gilad. The chances of Antonius encountering Gilad while 'investigating' very strange & supernatural occurrences in that era seems very likely and I don't think it would feel forced to have him involved.
I think they'd make a pretty good team for an arc or two.
Agreed. I also don't want any "forced" connections to Shadowman or Gilad. I think subtle connections that keen readers would pick up on would work better. Maybe an indirect or passive meeting with Gilad or simply being in the same room with him without Gilad being a main character in any way.
***Support your local farmers!***

nwoslave
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite character: Spike
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by nwoslave »

I dig this series. My favorite is the history lessons at the end of the stories. it makes me feel like im getting a lot more than you would from the big two. It reminds me of Brubakers The Fade Out with bits about the movie industry

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

nwoslave wrote:I dig this series. My favorite is the history lessons at the end of the stories. it makes me feel like im getting a lot more than you would from the big two. It reminds me of Brubakers The Fade Out with bits about the movie industry
If you enjoy that element of Britannia then you might enjoy a title called 'Three' from Kieron Gillen. It's focussed on Spartans and not Greeks specifically, but I thought it was a very good 4-title mini series and has a lot of historical info in the back that relates to the events occurring in each issue. Gillen consulted with a university academic in order to make sure the series was closely true to historical fact, and I think he pulled it off.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t