Comic book display shelves in closet just built

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham
Re: Comic book display shelves in closet just built

Post by Juki »

jmatt wrote:The edge protectors are an intriguing idea. Not only does it protect but it kinda frames the cover so it pops more. Whadja pay for those? They look a little pricey on Amazon.

I bought them on E-Bay from a seller called "sleepinggiant." I bought in bulk 50 pro-slabs. He has an asking price of $299.99 plus $43.30 shipping or "make an offer." He accepted my offer of $120.00 plus $43.30 shipping for a total of $163.30.

That breaks down to about $3.26 per pro-slab shipped. He has "more than 10 more" 50 packs available.

Summydad1 told me about these pro-slab protectors. They are really nice. They won't slip off the shelves, look great, and protect.

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

O wow that seems cheap to me too.I always thought they were crazy priced. Do you know if they come in did colors?UK blue just doesn't work for me

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Juki wrote:
jmatt wrote:The edge protectors are an intriguing idea. Not only does it protect but it kinda frames the cover so it pops more. Whadja pay for those? They look a little pricey on Amazon.

I bought them on E-Bay from a seller called "sleepinggiant." I bought in bulk 50 pro-slabs. He has an asking price of $299.99 plus $43.30 shipping or "make an offer." He accepted my offer of $120.00 plus $43.30 shipping for a total of $163.30.

That breaks down to about $3.26 per pro-slab shipped. He has "more than 10 more" 50 packs available.

Summydad1 told me about these pro-slab protectors. They are really nice. They won't slip off the shelves, look great, and protect.
Nice. That's half the price I saw. Thanks.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

corey wrote:O wow that seems cheap to me too.I always thought they were crazy priced. Do you know if they come in did colors?UK blue just doesn't work for me
They come in clear, black, purple, yellow, red, green, blue. They are actually called "Slab Pro." You have to make sure that you get the "Standard Size" which fits regular CGC cases. There is a "Giant Size" that fits thicker cases and won't fit standard cases.

I was surprised that my order arrived in a big box with each one being nicely individually packaged (as if for single sale). If I would have known they were not group packaged in a lot of 50 I would have asked for several different colors. That is something to think about. The 50 bulk lot is a much better price.