Joshua Dysart's last story of Harada is getting released in

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tell
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Re: Joshua Dysart's last story of Harada is getting released

Post by tell »

Shadowman99 wrote:
tell wrote: I can't see why a three year story gap makes sense for marketing, sales, or storytelling, especially when we were already told it will be 2018.
The gap makes sense, imo, because DMG are tying up this story with the view to farming it for use as a movie property afterwards.
Maybe, but if what betterthanezra says is true it was Valiant delaying this book for a while now, not DMG.
betterthanezra wrote:No this was all Valiant this project has been done for awhile at SDCC last year over tacos he said that it would be out early to mid 2018 and now here we are sometime 2019...
I just really hope these aren't the last 6 issues of Dysart we will get from Valiant, hell I wish he was plotting the whole universe on top of always having an ongoing.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

A little late to the party commenting on this announcement, but I'm super happy to hear it! I also think its a shame its getting pushed out to 2019 as I am just anxious to read some new Dysart NOW... but if it is going to link into the aftermath of HW2 its a little more understandable, as that series will be ending in September. But Harada has been sitting quiet in the VU for too long as it is.
tell wrote:I just really hope these aren't the last 6 issues of Dysart we will get from Valiant, hell I wish he was plotting the whole universe on top of always having an ongoing.
+1 to all that, man!
ShadowTuga wrote:Dysart, CAFU and Suayan in a Prestige mini about Harada is worth all the wait until then.
Agreed!!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

This story was so long in development those wondering about the Dinesh effect will be please that his fingerprints were all over this. So while he did have influence in HWII he was disappointing in what they are doing expanding it..

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Dysart's run on Harbinger/Imperium is starting to look (to me) like one of the all-time greats, like Claremont/Byrne on X-Men, Shooter's pre-Unity or Priest's Black Panther. All good things come to an end, which is a *SQUEE* shame.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

betterthanezra wrote:This story was so long in development those wondering about the Dinesh effect will be please that his fingerprints were all over this. So while he did have influence in HWII he was disappointing in what they are doing expanding it..

-Brian
Did he mention this somewhere online or to you personally?

betterthanezra
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

kinggirlfriend wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:This story was so long in development those wondering about the Dinesh effect will be please that his fingerprints were all over this. So while he did have influence in HWII he was disappointing in what they are doing expanding it..

-Brian
Did he mention this somewhere online or to you personally?
Personally , he wouldn’t say this publicly

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

depluto wrote:Dysart's run on Harbinger/Imperium is starting to look (to me) like one of the all-time greats, like Claremont/Byrne on X-Men, Shooter's pre-Unity or Priest's Black Panther. All good things come to an end, which is a *SQUEE* shame.
If you add the Perez/Wolfman Teen Titans and original Priest/Bright Quantum & Woody runs to your list above then we can start a real bromance and I'll love you for life.
***Support your local farmers!***

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

tell wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
tell wrote: I can't see why a three year story gap makes sense for marketing, sales, or storytelling, especially when we were already told it will be 2018.
The gap makes sense, imo, because DMG are tying up this story with the view to farming it for use as a movie property afterwards.
Maybe, but if what betterthanezra says is true it was Valiant delaying this book for a while now, not DMG.
I think it's probably a combination of both our opinions here: Valiant definitely delayed the property for some time, but DMG now have an investment in tying up the story so they can use it as a launching platform for screen-based media.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t