December 2017 Solicitations

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
December 2017 Solicitations

Post by Keith »

https://www.newsarama.com/36451-valiant ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU
Re: December 2017 Solicitations

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Holy cow! I love this cover!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

^Yep, that's a hell of a stand-out, beautiful cover! :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

I think I am most excited about Bloodshot #4 - I'm super curious about what the VEI version of Rampage is going to be all about!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

That Ninja-K cover is amazing. It pretty much sums up my expectations for the series, an emphasis of Colin as a secret agent in a noir setting.

The Faith Winter Wonderland special is a surprise. It looks interesting, and it's nice to see Faith isn't immediately going on hiatus.

777Peralta
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by 777Peralta »

Sucks that the art for xomanowar #10 by Felipe Massafera is covered up so much!

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

kinggirlfriend wrote:Holy cow! I love this cover!

is that the Cover B or another variant?

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

BLOODSHOT SALVATION #4
ETERNITY #3 (of 4)
NINJA-K #2
QUANTUM AND WOODY! (2017) #1-4 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
X-O MANOWAR #10-14 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE
#StayValiant

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Bl00dsh0t wrote: is that the Cover B or another variant?
B cover! :clap:

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

I cannot wait for that XO issue.

tell

Post by tell »

Glad to hear were getting at least 14 XOs.

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

So I guess it'll be like this for a while... 4 ongoings, 1 mini, and a one-shot. I guess I'm down. They're trying to slim down to put even more focus on their 'Icons,' and then, if Salvation, Ninja-K, and Q&W are as successful as X-O was it will be very easy to launch more series off of a solid base of ongoings.

The #0 issues are cool, but the Rae Sremmurd issue is an awful idea, and a Faith holiday special is even worse. Who do they think is gonna buy this? :? The end of Faith and even Future Force #1 sold terribly. I can't really figure out why they'd waste a spot on Faith, when she's clearly not pulling the same numbers as she once did. Why not just "Valiant Comics Holiday Special" or "Archer & Armstrong's Holiday Extravaganza" (we haven't seen them in a while)?

tell wrote:Glad to hear were getting at least 14 XOs.
It was announced about a month ago that the arc following 'Visigoth' would be 'Harbinger Wars 2.' Although, for the life of me, I can't remember where...

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

TheFerg714 wrote:So I guess it'll be like this for a while... 4 ongoings, 1 mini, and a one-shot. I guess I'm down. They're trying to slim down to put even more focus on their 'Icons,' and then, if Salvation, Ninja-K, and Q&W are as successful as X-O was it will be very easy to launch more series off of a solid base of ongoings.

The #0 issues are cool, but the Rae Sremmurd issue is an awful idea, and a Faith holiday special is even worse. Who do they think is gonna buy this? :? The end of Faith and even Future Force #1 sold terribly. I can't really figure out why they'd waste a spot on Faith, when she's clearly not pulling the same numbers as she once did. Why not just "Valiant Comics Holiday Special" or "Archer & Armstrong's Holiday Extravaganza" (we haven't seen them in a while)?
Cause the comic book press loves Faith?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Sven the Returned wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:So I guess it'll be like this for a while... 4 ongoings, 1 mini, and a one-shot. I guess I'm down. They're trying to slim down to put even more focus on their 'Icons,' and then, if Salvation, Ninja-K, and Q&W are as successful as X-O was it will be very easy to launch more series off of a solid base of ongoings.

And we really have no idea how well Faith really sells, once digital and international is included. That's the type of book that might do really well on Comixology.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

tell wrote:Glad to hear were getting at least 14 XOs.
This, and that Guedes will do the art!
TheFerg714 wrote:It was announced about a month ago that the arc following 'Visigoth' would be 'Harbinger Wars 2.' Although, for the life of me, I can't remember where...
While this is true I doubt issue #14 will be the first issue of the HW2 tie-in arc.

Perhaps it's another interlude or the Visigoth arc will last an issue longer?

Sunlight on Snow

Decapitating a woman just because she's smoking (hot) might go a little too far!

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I'll be picking up:

Quantum and Woody #1 (Extreme Foil cover)
Ninja-K #2 (that cover B is just awesome)
Bloodshot Salvation #4

I agree with the Faith Special, I'd rather see a Valiant Sized Archer & Armstrong one-shot or another #0 for Shadowman (as a primer for March) or Roku (that would be cool) or even Livewire (even better).

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

Sven the Returned wrote:

I read an article that talked about how Faith's positive, optimistic outlook was perfectly suited for a holiday issue, and I can buy that actually. It could be good, and Marguerite is killer. Hopefully Archer will be involved again on some level.

I do wonder about Faith's popularity, only given the sales numbers on her latest mini. I thought she was super popular, but the numbers are not what they were when the mini or ongoing launched. Perhaps it would help to hold off on a new Faith series for a bit and build anticipation for her solo return. She'll be busy with Harbinger Wars 2 through next summer anyway, and I'm sure we could find something else for Jody to write in the meantime. (Like a Torquehalla miniseries)

Also, I think Softcore Jeff may have made the point, but I'm getting a bit fatigued on all the one-shots. I thought Rai and Eternal Warrior were kinda disappointing, as was Ninjak 0. I'd rather have another ongoing any day of the week.

:?

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Sven the Returned wrote:Cause the comic book press loves Faith?
This. And also the actual press likes her too (because she's fat). Too bad that doesn't translate to sales.
jeremycoe wrote:And we really have no idea how well Faith really sells, once digital and international is included. That's the type of book that might do really well on Comixology.
Digital might give her a bit of a bump, but I think it's the trades that keep her going. But if that's the case, I really don't see why Valiant is even bothering putting her out monthly, because she's not making any money in the comic stores. Why not just release trades only?
EDIT: Oh, or maybe give just her something to do in a monthly Harbinger series.
Sunlight on Snow wrote:While this is true I doubt issue #14 will be the first issue of the HW2 tie-in arc.

Yea, I think #14 might will probably be an interlude issue, but #15 will probably be the start of HW2, seeing as that starts in May.
Thegreatmagnet wrote:I read an article that talked about how Faith's positive, optimistic outlook was perfectly suited for a holiday issue, and I can buy that actually. It could be good, and Marguerite is killer. Hopefully Archer will be involved again on some level.
Well I 100% agree with this, just don't think it's going to sell very well. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Perhaps it would help to hold off on a new Faith series for a bit and build anticipation for her solo return. She'll be busy with Harbinger Wars 2 through next summer anyway, and I'm sure we could find something else for Jody to write in the meantime. (Like a Torquehalla miniseries)
Why even bring her back at all? I mean, I can see why they'd test the waters again in the future, but I don't think anyone's asking for more Faith, and Valiant could use her spot on a different property.
Also, I think Softcore Jeff may have made the point, but I'm getting a bit fatigued on all the one-shots. I thought Rai and Eternal Warrior were kinda disappointing, as was Ninjak 0. I'd rather have another ongoing any day of the week.
One-shots and #0 issues are great every once in a while, but I don't think Valiant should really be relying on them too heavily.

Honestly, none of them were great... :?
Last edited by TheFerg714 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:51:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Thegreatmagnet wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

I read an article that talked about how Faith's positive, optimistic outlook was perfectly suited for a holiday issue, and I can buy that actually. It could be good, and Marguerite is killer. Hopefully Archer will be involved again on some level.

I do wonder about Faith's popularity, only given the sales numbers on her latest mini. I thought she was super popular, but the numbers are not what they were when the mini or ongoing launched. Perhaps it would help to hold off on a new Faith series for a bit and build anticipation for her solo return. She'll be busy with Harbinger Wars 2 through next summer anyway, and I'm sure we could find something else for Jody to write in the meantime. (Like a Torquehalla miniseries)

:?
By the way, when is Rai coming back?

Sunlight on Snow

Sven the Returned wrote:By the way, when is Rai coming back?
In 4002. :P

Sunlight on Snow

TheFerg714 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:While this is true I doubt issue #14 will be the first issue of the HW2 tie-in arc.

#14 might be an interlude issue, but it's very possible that it will be the first issue of HW2 seeing as the mini-series starts in May too.
#14 will be out in April, and then there's the actual solicitation (which I didn't read yesterday):
The X-O MANOWAR #10-14 PRE-ORDER EDITION BUNDLE – five 40-page, massively expanded editions of X-O Manowar’s next staggering story arc “VISIGOTH”, alongside two shocking standalone stories

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:By the way, when is Rai coming back?
In 4002. :P
What? :!:

TheFerg714

Post by TheFerg714 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:While this is t
#14 will be out in April, and then there's the actual solicitation (which I didn't read yesterday
Yeeeaaaaaa I edited my post before you posted this...
"Yea, I think #14 might will probably be an interlude issue, but #15 will probably be the start of HW2, seeing as that starts in May."

Sunlight on Snow

TheFerg714 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:While this is t
#14 will be out in April, and then there's the actual solicitation (which I didn't read yesterday
Yeeeaaaaaa I edited my post before you posted this...
"Yea, I think #14 might will probably be an interlude issue, but #15 will probably be the start of HW2, seeing as that starts in May."
:high-five: