Countdown to new Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe trailer

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Countdown to new Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe trailer

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

WATCH: Valiant Counts Down to NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE Trailer with New Teaser

http://www.cbr.com/ninjak-vs-the-valian ... er-teaser/
IN SEVEN DAYS…

ON MONDAY, AUGUST 28th…

PREPARE FOR BATTLE…

WITH THE OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR

NINJAK VS. THE VALIANT UNIVERSE

A BRUTAL, SIX-EPISODE, LIVE-ACTION DIGITAL EVENT

From VALIANT DIGITAL and BAT IN THE SUN PRODUCTIONS

Hopefully, that trailer will tell us when the actual web-series will be released.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Countdown to new Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe trailer

Post by BugsySig »

It has been confirmed that the trailer will tell us when and where the web series can be viewed.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Countdown to the trailer? I'm VERY excited to watch the series, but the hype seems excessive.

KevinFoley
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by KevinFoley »

The trailer we got last year was already pretty good for a web series. I wonder if the delay has been because of a lot of post production or if they are just trying to time the release right. Either way, it's looking like this series might be better production value that Marvel's Inhumans. I hope it's released around the same time.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

KevinFoley wrote:The trailer we got last year was already pretty good for a web series. I wonder if the delay has been because of a lot of post production or if they are just trying to time the release right. Either way, it's looking like this series might be better production value that Marvel's Inhumans. I hope it's released around the same time.
Oh, I guarantee they are delaying for the proper time to release. VEI is waiting for THEIR Comic Con. If you remember, this was all announced last year at NYCC, so with that Con right around the corner, doesn't it make sense that the first episode will be released there? Remember the line JUST to get into their panel as they were showing the very first trailer? Would they have gotten that type of hype in SDCC? I think not. At NYCC, they have no competition, as they are in their own back yard, and will have all the resources needed to make the biggest splash!

NYCC is my guess for the release date. It also helps that when I questioned Dinesh on twitter, he responded with "that sounds like something we would do..."
Moose

WhoDoo
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: XO 90's Zero issue
Favorite character: Pete
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa and Mico

Post by WhoDoo »

I agree with you Bald Moose, it is very likely to be at NYCC.

Just excited to see these characters come to life!

Honestly would even be happy with a animated show or two. A animated A&A on adult swim would be great.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

This is very exciting. looks awesome :clap:
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

KevinFoley

Post by KevinFoley »

New Teaser with Ciera Foster as Livewire. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch ... 0-6452707/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

just hoping this reaches the masses. Excited, yet nervous about this. I have faith, and I know I will enjoy it, I'm just hoping for success for Valiant
Moose

bygranddesign
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by bygranddesign »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:just hoping this reaches the masses. Excited, yet nervous about this. I have faith, and I know I will enjoy it, I'm just hoping for success for Valiant
What makes me nervous is a movie and tv show which needs significant mainstream support in order to have success .. and if they BOMB I think it will mean the unraveling of everything Valiant was attempting to build.

I'm not sure if i should be nervous about this web series ... how would or should success be measured?

How many clicks, views / how much buzz is needed to make this a successful venture?

I do think that this is a time for Valiantfans to really push this stuff on social media

I don't think this will make or break anything .... but success (whichever way they measure it) could accelerate future plans.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

bygranddesign wrote: I'm not sure if i should be nervous about this web series ... how would or should success be measured?

How many clicks, views / how much buzz is needed to make this a successful venture?
I would say an ideal turn out for first episode on YouTube would over 1 million views in the first month. Social media will do the job for Valiant from there. Fandoms tend to be the ones that drive the success for things like this. Word of mouth was more power than marketing so it all comes down to how much people like the series.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

SuperMage wrote:
bygranddesign wrote: I'm not sure if i should be nervous about this web series ... how would or should success be measured?

I would say an ideal turn out for first episode on YouTube would over 1 million views in the first month. Social media will do the job for Valiant from there. Fandoms tend to be the ones that drive the success for things like this. Word of mouth was more power than marketing so it all comes down to how much people like the series.
I guess there-in lies my nervousness. Sure, us fans will tune in, because we are fans. Fans that follow the actors/ actresses will tune in, but how do they get outside that bubble?

Play it on a loop non-stop during Cons and hope that passer-byers notice? Sure, they advertise a ton on Twitter, FB, Instagram and such, but all that is free. How will they be reaching the masses, because that's how and where it will take off.
Moose

SuperMage
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

I guess there-in lies my nervousness. Sure, us fans will tune in, because we are fans. Fans that follow the actors/ actresses will tune in, but how do they get outside that bubble?

Play it on a loop non-stop during Cons and hope that passer-byers notice? Sure, they advertise a ton on Twitter, FB, Instagram and such, but all that is free. How will they be reaching the masses, because that's how and where it will take off.
That's where the fans come in.

Cosplayers, Fan artists, reviewers, etc.

Do you know how I got into Valiant Comics? I was reading a thread on a comic forum about DC's New 52. The posters complained that DC was dragging on the build up to Trinity War for too long, and that Valiant already finished their first company crossover, Harbinger War.

After seeing the name pop up, I Google "What is Valiant Comics?", and decided to check out the comics they were currently publishing. That's how I got into Valiant. From a DC forum, and my dissatisfaction with DC's output I decided to find an alternative.

Bursting a fandom's bubble requires you to dip into other fandoms. I discovered when of my favorite comics when I was googling pictures of Agent Smith from the Matrix, and stumbled across fanart of him fighting a character from Gunnerkrigg Court. Next thing I know, I'm reading all 50 chapters.

Fans drawing pictures of Ninjak fighting Daredevil, Cosplayers dressing up as Livewire, YouTube channels posting "Who Would Win in a Fight" videos, etc. That's how you burst the bubble.

YouTube channels that are fans of Valiant have helped a lot recently in making the characters more well known in the general comic commmunity. Comicstorian is a good example. All Valiant can do is try to nuture that newcomer fan base by encouraging them to keep doing what they're doing.

They did that by letting BatintheSun, who already has a built in audiences, film the show. They do that by teaming up with Hyper RPG. They've also named dropped Comicstorian several times. They just need to keep finding people with built in fanbases, and convert them to Valiant fans.

Fandoms take time to grow. You can't force it, and Valiant's name keeps getting mentioned more and more these days. A few months ago I even ran into some people in an Overwatch map who had heard of Faith before. But they confused Valiant with Wildstorm, and thought it was a company DC bought out that published Hellboy. facepalm There was also a time when my younger brother's friend saw one of my Bloodshot comics, and thought it was Captain Atom. facepalm

Thesee things take time, but we're sort of making progress.

KevinFoley

Post by KevinFoley »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

My hope is that it's good enough quality enough to generate some buzz to all the comicbook movie/show fans, which Marvel has grown to a pretty big size. For instance, this could be better than the Inhumans (mainly b/c that looks pretty cheap) that while airing around the same time. You could see mentions of it in something mainstream like, say, Entertainment Weekly. I would consider a mention (not an article, just a mention) to be a pretty big win.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Super excited for this! Even the new little video tidbits are welcome. :clap:

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric

Post by Phoenix8008 »

KevinFoley wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
SuperMage wrote:

My hope is that it's good enough quality enough to generate some buzz to all the comicbook movie/show fans, which Marvel has grown to a pretty big size. For instance, this could be better than the Inhumans (mainly b/c that looks pretty cheap) that while airing around the same time. You could see mentions of it in something mainstream like, say, Entertainment Weekly. I would consider a mention (not an article, just a mention) to be a pretty big win.
THIS. I've already seen a few people comment (propably on here and on Reddit) about how the 'mentally controlled hair' in the first trailer for this looked better than what was in the Inhumans trailer.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

I'm not worried about people getting to know about this. Bat in the Sun's youtube channel alone has almost 2M subscribers. They have plenty of videos with more than 10M views - their most viewed video has more than 22M views. Of course, I'm not expecting the first episode to hit 1M views on the first day but a lot of people "will" see the Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe" episodes, and if people like what they're seeing the links will be all across the social media! Teaming up with Bat in the Sun was a very smart move by Valiant. Let's just hope the overall quality is good enough and the characters are likeable.

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:I'm not worried about people getting to know about this. Bat in the Sun's youtube channel alone has almost 2M subscribers. They have plenty of videos with more than 10M views - their most viewed video has more than 22M views. Of course, I'm not expecting the first episode to hit 1M views on the first day but a lot of people "will" see the Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe" episodes, and if people like what they're seeing the links will be all across the social media! Teaming up with Bat in the Sun was a very smart move by Valiant. Let's just hope the overall quality is good enough and the characters are likeable.
Yeah, this move is all about gaining exposure for the VEI characters, not just for the comics (which some might pick up after watching NvVU), but for any upcoming TV shows or movies. 2 million subscribers having some exposure to Bloodshot prior to a film can really boost excitement, social media shares and ticket sales.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I'm pumped for this web series. I think the acting might not be great but the visuals look impressive and I think for the budget they're on it looks like it'll be good. :thumb:

Joshua
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot 1
Favorite character: Probably Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath Of The Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Ryp

Post by Joshua »

BITS has a lot of subscribers and JDF has his huge fanbase. It will get hits.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:I'm not worried about people getting to know about this. Bat in the Sun's youtube channel alone has almost 2M subscribers. They have plenty of videos with more than 10M views - their most viewed video has more than 22M views.
That's the ticket. BITS has an audience. People will see it, aplenty.

KevinFoley

Post by KevinFoley »

Keep the countdown going. They posted on Facebook today that the trailer will be delayed a few weeks. I'm wondering if they have some part of the operation in Houston.

slack
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: pre-Unity 90's
Favorite title: Harbinger (Dysart)
Favorite writer: tough choice
Favorite artist: ?

Post by slack »

Not sure, but it must be something big.

A week ago, they were one week from release... on release day, they are suddenly WEEKS away from release!

That math doesn't add up.

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Countdown fail. :mad:
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

it has to be something big, when was the last time Valiant missed a deadline?

Maybe they stress tested the You Tube servers and realized that if they released on that date, it would crash all of You Tube :D :D :lol: :lol:
Moose