Secret Weapons 2 Pre-Order Edition 2nd Printing

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tevans333
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Secret Weapons 2 Pre-Order Edition 2nd Printing

Post by tevans333 »

Sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it.

Paid my LCS a visit at lunch today and found they received a 2nd printing of Secret Weapons #2 pre-order edition. Anyone else see this? It's odd that they would reprint the pre-order edition and not the regular edition, was this a mistake?

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
Re: Secret Weapons 2 Pre-Order Edition 2nd Printing

Post by jeremycoe »

I heard they made a mistake on the cover, so this "2nd printing" is a replacement. Not sure if it's a recall situation.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I saw copies of this on the shelf at my lcs today. I checked the inside front cover and it is *not* listed as a second print. I have heard it is the cover that was meant to be printed originally for the pre-order edition of #2. The one that came out last month with the same cover image of Livewire from the first issue (only with a yellow background) was actually an error copy.

So now there are 2 first printing covers for Secret Weapons #2 - pre-order edition.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:I saw copies of this on the shelf at my lcs today. I checked the inside front cover and it is *not* listed as a second print. I have heard it is the cover that was meant to be printed originally for the pre-order edition of #2. The one that came out last month with the same cover image of Livewire from the first issue (only with a yellow background) was actually an error copy.

So now there are 2 first printing covers for Secret Weapons #2 - pre-order edition.
Ok so this is starting to make sense (a bit). My copy of the pre order edition of Secret Weapons #1 was shipped 2 weeks late to my online retailer. My copy is the exact cover of issue #1 but a yellow background, I thought that was odd as there multiple covers for the same issue these days so why print 2 separate issues with the same cover art :?

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Also, I have heard that the new cover edition was specifically shipped out for free at no cost to retailers, to give away to pre-order customers as a free replacement for the "error" copy with the repeated image of Livewire. I found that out after I had been to my lcs yesterday.

I plan on following up with them to see if I was supposed to receive one or not. Has anyone else here heard anything to confirm or deny this is the case?
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

grendeljd wrote:Also, I have heard that the new cover edition was specifically shipped out for free at no cost to retailers, to give away to pre-order customers as a free replacement for the "error" copy with the repeated image of Livewire. I found that out after I had been to my lcs yesterday.

I plan on following up with them to see if I was supposed to receive one or not. Has anyone else here heard anything to confirm or deny this is the case?
I've sent a tweet to Dinesh to see if we can clear it up. What doesn't make sense is my copy was delayed by 2 weeks but I ended up with the repeated Livewire image? Curiouser and curiouser!

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

I've heard that according to Diamond, it's considered a second printing, nothing else. Makes more sense the way you've put it, because it was interesting (and a little upsetting) that the #1 and the #2 images were the same on the cover.
Moose

tevans333

Post by tevans333 »

grendeljd wrote:Also, I have heard that the new cover edition was specifically shipped out for free at no cost to retailers, to give away to pre-order customers as a free replacement for the "error" copy with the repeated image of Livewire. I found that out after I had been to my lcs yesterday.

My LCS had no idea what it was or why it showed up, they said it showed up for no reason out of the blue. Looks like there was no communication to retailers about it and most are assuming it's a second print.

Now the question is, how low is the print run for the 1st "error" version and now this "2nd printing" version?

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

There's 2 similar threads going on about this topic, I posted this on the other thread ...

Some confirmation from Dinesh on Twitter...
"There was a mix up with the preorder edition to begin with and the wrong cover was printed. We managed to catch it early and print additional copies with the correct cover. Those were sent to retailers on us."

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:I've heard that according to Diamond, it's considered a second printing, nothing else. Makes more sense the way you've put it, because it was interesting (and a little upsetting) that the #1 and the #2 images were the same on the cover.
When I got that second issue last month, I thought we were going to get the same image of Livewire for all four issues with a different background colour each month. :lol:

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:There's 2 similar threads going on about this topic, I posted this on the other thread ...

"There was a mix up with the preorder edition to begin with and the wrong cover was printed. We managed to catch it early and print additional copies with the correct cover. Those were sent to retailers on us."
Sounds like a known error... Just wonder how many are out there.

I know I have one
Moose

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:There's 2 similar threads going on about this topic, I posted this on the other thread ...

Sounds like a known error... Just wonder how many are out there.

I know I have one
Yeah, good question :hm:

I've got one too :high-five:

KevinFoley
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by KevinFoley »

My LCS said they ordered this (and XO as well) and they are coming like a preordered set. So when they ring up one, they have to then deduct the other books from it.

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

According to LCS - confirming story.

FIRST printing was old art new color (in error).

SECOND printing sent out free as replacement (new art).

My LCS rang it up for me today, and credited it from my bill (I had purchased the first run already).

Midtown comics lists it as a second printing and preview (I think).
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.